PDA

View Full Version : AL the 2 season: Divine Caster in the Cloaks

Oerlaf
2016-01-11, 11:42 AM
Well, half a year ago I started playing a druid in the second season of Expeditions. Our DM told us that the magic was prohibited in Mulmaster (without referring either to arcane or divine part).
So, shortly after we saved Zora Rosalyn, she suggested our spellcasters to join the Cloaks. I haven't known about the restrictions on arcane part and willingly joined the Cloaks.

I've just recently learned about the arcane part. Can I benefit brom being a divine caster in the Cloaks or is it illegal choice and I must quit the faction?

Daehron
2016-01-11, 11:52 AM
Can I benefit brom being a divine caster in the Cloaks

Not really.

or is it illegal choice and I must quit the faction?

Not sure about 'illegal' AL wise. But lore-wise, they'd prolly just chuckle, pat you on the head and send you on your way.

Now, you could claim to be an aspiring arcane spell caster, "teach me the ways of the Force" kinda thing. Could be kinda fun, actually.

coredump
2016-01-11, 12:02 PM
Arcane only. Ret-con it, you were never in the cloaks.

Oerlaf
2016-01-11, 12:05 PM
Not really.
Now, you could claim to be an aspiring arcane spell caster, "teach me the ways of the Force" kinda thing. Could be kinda fun, actually.

That seems so. I am an arcane caster that can make nature itself change on my behalf. Not bad.

RulesJD
2016-01-11, 02:09 PM
That seems so. I am an arcane caster that can make nature itself change on my behalf. Not bad.

There are season benefits to being a high ranked member of the cloaks (free spells) so might be worth it to stay. But no, you didn't need to join.

coredump
2016-01-11, 03:39 PM
It's really not an option. You do not qualify, you cannot be a cloak.

Dalebert
2016-01-11, 03:56 PM
This is a faction where you can get free spells? How have I not heard of this?

RulesJD
2016-01-11, 04:36 PM
This is a faction where you can get free spells? How have I not heard of this?

http://dndadventurersleague.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/State-of-Mulmaster-with-Logsheet.pdf

Last page.

Dalebert
2016-01-11, 04:48 PM
Oh, right. I do believe this came up in Boltsmelter's Book. My character managed to smooth-talk his way out of having to join but another character had to to avoid charges. This is not a faction, right? You can be in a faction like Harpers and still join, right?

RulesJD
2016-01-11, 05:00 PM
Oh, right. I do believe this came up in Boltsmelter's Book. My character managed to smooth-talk his way out of having to join but another character had to to avoid charges. This is not a faction, right? You can be in a faction like Harpers and still join, right?

Yes.

I've also sadly never gotten to see the trial/sentencing rules used. I'm hoping as more new players that weren't there for Season 2 play those old modules some might get a bit snooty and refuse to join. There's a few modules where magic can easily be used on a noble which automatically becomes fun time.

Dalebert
2016-01-11, 05:32 PM
I was actually fairly broke at the time. It was either my first or second game. I also didn't know much about the cloaks and the benefits of joining. I believe I was given a sales pitch and was kind of interested in looking into it later.

I was visibly under the effects of a Blur spell when a guard challenged me. I pointed out that bad guys were using spells against us and acted shocked and disturbed by whatever they did to me. Apparently the guard didn't know enough to recognize Blur ad that it's a self-only spell. It worked and I managed to procrastinate joining for that adventure at least. :)