PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Question about ammo used in melee, can u make it indistructable?

Deca4531
2016-01-12, 12:00 AM
So I have been building a ninja based around shurikan. There is a ninja variant (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/unchained-classes/rogue-unchained/alternate-classes/everyman-gaming---unchained-ninja/archetypes/everyman-gaming---unchained-ninja-archetypes/star-master) that allows you to use shurikan as a melee weapon. What im wondering is do they still break if used this way? if not I would like to take advantage of the 1/50 enchanting cost, and if they do break is there a way of crafting them out of a stronger material so they dont?

Psyren
2016-01-12, 03:25 AM
That archetype looks like third-party, but anyway - by RAW, when you melee with the shuriken you treat them as kunai. Kunai are melee weapons, i.e. they don't get destroyed when you attack with them, therefore the shuriken won't be destroyed either. (Furthermore, the clause about weapons being destroyed on an attack is specific to projectiles anyway.)

Deca4531
2016-01-16, 09:45 PM
That archetype looks like third-party, but anyway - by RAW, when you melee with the shuriken you treat them as kunai. Kunai are melee weapons, i.e. they don't get destroyed when you attack with them, therefore the shuriken won't be destroyed either. (Furthermore, the clause about weapons being destroyed on an attack is specific to projectiles anyway.)

Thanks for the info. Do you think an enchanment on them would still be valid?

Florian
2016-01-17, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the info. Do you think an enchanment on them would still be valid?

Depends. Enhancement from the general list (+1, flaming, etc.) will still be available, enhancements from the ranged-only list (Designating, etc.) will cease to function when used in melee mode.