PDA

View Full Version : List the ways to get souls into gems.

Idares
2016-01-12, 08:21 AM
As the title says, Im looking for easy ways to put souls into gems for crafting.

From the top of my head, there is the Alter in the BoVD and a high lvl spell save or be stuck in a gem.

There is magic jar, but thats sort of short term. Not sure if that would qualify for crafting.

Jowgen
2016-01-12, 08:40 AM
The obvious: Soul Bind spell, Trap the Soul spell

The slightly fitting: Thinaun weapon special material, Khyber Trap spell (limited duration, extraplanar only), Magic of Eberron Elemental Binding process

The Obscure: Balor's Sword of Soul Stealing, A&E p. 100. Works as soul-bind upon vorpal kill, DC 23 safe. Also:

The sapphire can contain only one soul at a time, but balors are rumored to know mystic rituals that can draw the soul out of the gem, allowing them to use it for various vile purposes.

Melcar
2016-01-12, 08:42 AM
As the title says, Im looking for easy ways to put souls into gems for crafting.

From the top of my head, there is the Alter in the BoVD and a high lvl spell save or be stuck in a gem.

There is magic jar, but thats sort of short term. Not sure if that would qualify for crafting.

Become a Demi Lich or Have a Demi Lich do it for you at then take the gems from said Demi Lich!

ATHATH
2016-01-12, 11:04 AM
There's a Wizard variant in Dragon 312 specifically designed for this (I think it's called a Reaper of Souls or something). It can do cool things with the souls it catches as well, like gaining one of the soul's feats for a minute, using its skill ranks, and sticking a copy of it (with your alignment) in a mindless undead creature, feats and BAB intact.