PDA

View Full Version : [General gaming - Pathfinder group] Groups taken some losses.

Nikolaz72
2016-01-12, 02:14 PM
A group I run has lost a lot of people, like, half of the group has left over the holidays.

We're down to about two or three people next game and I'm wondering, when do you call it quits and when do you continue. Also has anyone here been able to come back from a big loss of players?

Any advice?

Nibbens
2016-01-12, 02:23 PM
A group I run has lost a lot of people, like, half of the group has left over the holidays.

We're down to about two or three people next game and I'm wondering, when do you call it quits and when do you continue. Also has anyone here been able to come back from a big loss of players?

Any advice?

First of all, if you're down to 2 players, i'd say that's too few to play. D&D is a social game, anyway. If you have a consistent 3 and those guys want to keep playing, then heck yeah! Go for it!

And actually, I have had a "big loss" of players. We went from 6 down to 2 a long time ago (2 players and a dm). From this we picked up a new player and went back to gaming. Sure, it's not the good ole' gaming group from before, but at least everyone who's available gets to play.

As long as everyone's willing, and you've at least 3 players I say keep playing. If not, pick up a straggler and keep the dream alive. :D

ComaVision
2016-01-12, 02:25 PM
Just remember it's better to call a hiatus while you find a couple more members than it is to play a lousy game and burn out the rest of your players.

vorpalvolta
2016-01-12, 02:47 PM
One of the best games we ever had was two players and a DM. It actually felt like we did a lot more role playing as there were less Side conversations and more focus on the game. Ymmv