PDA

View Full Version : How to build a cleric who punches people?

Rfkannen
2016-01-12, 04:44 PM
So I am about to be a part of a campaign that is going to start at level 1, and I kind of want to play a cleric who punches people. What do you think is the best way to do this? I imagine that we won't spend to much time at level 1, so a 1 or possibly 2 level dip might be chill. What do you think would be the best way to make a cleric who punches people?

Couple of options I thought of;
halfling monk 1/tempest cleric rest.
varient human life cleric, tavern brawler feat
elf shadow monk 3/death cleric 17 (not sure if dm allows death cleric)

what I know so far, one player is definitely playing a bard and there will be 4 players. I do not really enjoy war domain.

to be honest I will probably just pick whatever makes sense with the group when we sit down to make our characters(might not even be a cleric). But I was just wondering what some of the best ways to make this concept are.

Foxhound438
2016-01-12, 05:07 PM
eventual 5 in monk would probably do fine. d6 punches, extra attack, flurry of blows, your pick of L3 features, various other good stuff.

Addaran
2016-01-12, 05:20 PM
Full monk with the acolyte background and magic initiate? (so variant human)
You'd have your cleric skills, a few divine spells and lots of punching! Depending on your deity, shadowmonk, elemental monk or (the two new ones) monk might fit well.

Yorrin
2016-01-13, 03:10 PM
If you're wanting to go straight Cleric then Death Domain might be one of your best options. Lots of bonus to melee damage at level 2, 8, 14. Chill Touch for "ranged punching." Obviously Tavern Brawler is the only RAW way to get better than 1+Str damage on your base punch damage.