PDA

View Full Version : The grumpy-looking vampire

ReleaseTheBees
2016-01-12, 06:37 PM
The frowning vampire from the right of the mob in #1017 has had a line of dialogue ("So thirsty...") and at the end of #1018 has made it to Durkula's anti-life shell, as grumpy as ever.

My new second favourite Creed of the Stone vampire. (1st place Gontor, 3rd place Mace-lady.)

dtilque
2016-01-12, 07:03 PM
My guess is that she'll be teleporting away with Durkula and Gontor.

Roland Itiative
2016-01-12, 08:48 PM
Maybe she'll be the vampire that'll reject Hel's plan, as suggested by Durkula himself (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1007.html) :smalltongue: That's why she's so grumpy.

Deliverance
2016-01-12, 10:37 PM
She does seem to be different from the others. In #1017 she is the one new vampire that isn't in movement, and she doesn't have a V for eyebrows or gaping mouth either.

goodpeople25
2016-01-12, 10:44 PM
Have to say i like her even with so little to go on. Got to say i agree with the OP favoruite order, though Gontor is quite far ahead, love him as a vampire. Hope we see alot of him later and that he has the opportunity to kick some ass when he gets spells. And grumpy vampire as well of course.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-01-13, 07:10 AM
I'm hoping goatee guy also made it. It's that, or he got dusted.

Murk
2016-01-13, 07:21 AM
I also like how in 1016, all the vampires are storming in, growling and shouting or at least ready for some action!
Grumpy Vampire, however, is just standing at the side like "Eh."
Then, when the fighting begins, she just walks over to the safe shell and goes to chill there.

It's like that whole fighting-thing just doesn't concern her.

dtilque
2016-01-13, 06:16 PM
I'm hoping goatee guy also made it. It's that, or he got dusted.

As far as I can tell, he's dust. Or rather mist.

Note his location in panel 2: at the front in between the bald guy (who Roy chops in two in panel 3) and hairbun lady. In the last panel, which is only two or three rounds after panel 2, hairbun lady is still out in front, but goatee guy is totally missing. I think the clerics' attacks did him in -- perhaps a combination of HP of Loki's Flamestrike and the HP of Frigg's Cure Serious Wounds.

ti'esar
2016-01-13, 08:07 PM
I also like how in 1016, all the vampires are storming in, growling and shouting or at least ready for some action!
Then, when the fighting begins, she just walks over to the safe shell and goes to chill there.

I guess she wasn't really that thirsty after all.

Deliverance
2016-01-13, 09:20 PM

She doesn't just "walk" over there; you can see her leg as she enters in panel #5 - she is clearly running.

As for the fighting, blame Roy. He's the one that starts destroying them, even going so far as to stab one in the back after it manages to pass him. If he'd just left them alone to run to the anti-life shell, there'd have been no fighting. :p

(This under the assumption that when the new high priest of hell orders them that they "know what to do", she's talking about entering the anti-life shell to get a lift, which would make sense; If the other gods of the pantheon play by the rules, she is safe representing Hel and the others can help advance Hel's plot, and if the other gods don't, then having vampires present will make no difference anyway and evacuating vampire clerics for later use would be of value due to her problems acquiring higher level clerics.)

Pyrous
2016-01-13, 09:36 PM
I guess she wasn't really that thirsty after all.

She is thirsty, but everyone knows the dwarfs make the best drinks.

ReleaseTheBees
2016-01-18, 02:14 PM
Grumpy vampire is tallest vampire and she got to smash the orb. Looked spooked by the flying sword though, not as steadfast as I hoped. If she gets any more screen time, I'm starting a fan club.

I wonder what Mace-lady will do for blood while she waits around for 2 days?

Pyrous
2016-01-18, 02:39 PM
Grumpy vampire is tallest vampire and she got to smash the orb. Looked spooked by the flying sword though, not as steadfast as I hoped. If she gets any more screen time, I'm starting a fan club.

I wonder what Mace-lady will do for blood while she waits around for 2 days?

Maybe some version of Create Food and Water for vampires. Or use the Children of the Night ability for a free lunch.

KorvinStarmast
2016-01-18, 11:28 PM
If she gets any more screen time, I'm starting a fan club.
Data point eleventy thousand on how creepy gamers can be ... :smalleek:

(I presumed you were being humorous ... the meta-humor in my response will hopefully be understood by most of the readers here).

ReleaseTheBees
2017-07-29, 08:15 AM
Everyone's favourite surly nameless background vampire has made it to Firmament with her lurkycorpse master.

She's had a drink and her mood has improved a tad. She isn't quite so frowny when she's hanging with her crew.

She even gets frustrated when her spells fail and has a bit of back-and-forth with Durkula. We never saw as much maturity from the newly-vamped Durkon, who was like a infant child. What kind of character takes hold in a newly spawned vamp?

Let's see how far our aloof blood sucker makes it in Durky's conquest.

Any thoughts on names?

goto124
2017-07-29, 09:20 AM
Gloved Tallie is the 'grumpy' vampire, right? The one saying "So that means we don't need to unseal the temple door anymore?" 'Tallie' differentiates her from the other dwarves by height, 'gloved' differentiates her from the other vamped tallies in case she ever reunites with them.

Then the other green-haired vamp is Haircap Shortie, named for her hairstyle.

And the angry dwarf attacking the door would be Whitebeard, or Ex-Exarch, or Hammerfallen.

Many of the names are based off appearance. Totally nothing to do with how I struggled with trying to figure out which name connected to which vampire in the comic.

Basement Cat
2017-07-31, 07:17 AM
Gloved Tallie is the 'grumpy' vampire, right? The one saying "So that means we don't need to unseal the temple door anymore?" 'Tallie' differentiates her from the other dwarves by height, 'gloved' differentiates her from the other vamped tallies in case she ever reunites with them.

Then the other green-haired vamp is Haircap Shortie, named for her hairstyle.

And the angry dwarf attacking the door would be Whitebeard, or Ex-Exarch, or Hammerfallen.

Many of the names are based off appearance. Totally nothing to do with how I struggled with trying to figure out which name connected to which vampire in the comic.

We could simply call her Gloves.

I'm pretty sure she's human, too. Y'know: Taller kinda gives it away. We know her church wasn't solely composed of dwarves.