PDA

View Full Version : Free Random Magical Effect Generator

azaydius
2016-01-12, 10:49 PM
I wrote an Android app that generates random magical effects. It's ad free and costs nothing, I just wanted to give it to the gaming community. I use it for sorcerer wild magic surges (has 10000 possibilities). I hope some of you find it useful, cheers!

Since I can't post links on here because I am a new user, if you are interested in checking it out go to the google play store and search random magical effects and it should show up.

VilimirDrahkme
2016-01-13, 01:10 PM
i hate to be that guy :( but on my HTC One M7 it crashes when i click the button... all i get is the generic "unfortunately, random magical effects generator has stopped. sent crash report. sorry dude. but this looks SUPER COOL! kudos you! being a web developer I understand that even something as 'simple' as this is likely a lot of work.

EvanescentHero
2016-01-15, 02:37 PM
This app is great. Some very creative effects to be found, and with so many, you probably won't hit a repeat often, if ever.

My friend and I had a table we found online of random effects to use in the event of a spell fumble. http://gamemasters.com/?p=12 We also used it on normal critical fails, because we rarely had spellcasters. It led to some fun moments, so it's good to have something like it again. This will certainly see some use!

azaydius
2016-01-23, 03:26 PM
i hate to be that guy :( but on my HTC One M7 it crashes when i click the button... all i get is the generic "unfortunately, random magical effects generator has stopped. sent crash report. sorry dude. but this looks SUPER COOL! kudos you! being a web developer I understand that even something as 'simple' as this is likely a lot of work.

Haha, no it's definitely ok to be "that guy". There is a bug that happens on some devices that I have yet to solve where the "Get Effect" button is enabled before it is supposed to be upon initial launch. The problem with that is if the button is clicked while the device is performing the initial database import, it will corrupt the database. The solution is to uninstall the app and reinstall from google play, but this time upon first launch you need to wait until the message appears at the bottom indicating the database import has been completed (it can take up to a minute on some devices). Sorry for the hassle! Please let me know if you see any issues after doing the above and I can see if there is something else going on. Cheers!

Sir cryosin
2016-01-23, 05:14 PM
Dude I installed and nothing I hit the button to eary so I Uninstaller then reinstalled waited to the massage to pop up say it done loading effects and still nothing. I rated 0 stars