PDA

View Full Version : So what's up with Tome of Artifacts?

Dragonmuncher
2007-06-13, 09:30 PM
Anyone get it? Look through it? I was hunting online to see if there were any excerpts released, but I didn't see any.

Kurald Galain
2007-06-14, 02:16 AM
Seems to me that this is the very last thing you would want to take from a book, because there's a chance your players may have read it. Having them know the full scoop on a major plot device is far worse then them memorizing monster stats.

YuanTi
2007-06-14, 06:06 AM
I found a 1st 6 pages preview here (http://watermark.drivethrustuff.com/pdf_previews/25723-sample.pdf).

Unfortunately that only involves 1 artifact, and only the 1st page of that so no stats. However a friend of mine says its excellent, and I've got a copy coming from amazon.

Bobbis
2007-06-14, 07:31 AM
In the back there are guidelines to make your own artifacts. Having players own it would be a horrible idea though, as someone already said.

That being said, I enjoy it; makes for some good reading and ideas even if you don't plan on using any of them. Personally, the "Lucky Coin" is my favorite so far.

Kurald Galain
2007-06-14, 11:09 AM
Personally, the "Lucky Coin" is my favorite so far.
You mean the Mystical Dime of Scrooge?

Theodoxus
2007-06-14, 06:51 PM
Brown nose much? :smallwink:

It's ok - added it to my collection the other day and skimmed through it... Probably would never give my players any of them, but as a player, there are a few I might attempt to quest after :smallbiggrin:

Hectonkhyres
2007-06-15, 02:02 AM
I find it intensely sad that anyone would even want a book to decide the nature of whatever item of legendary power you happen to allow into your game. Its an intimate thing, and half the fun, to devise such items.

Hell... on the occasion I run a game, I pull every magical item found as treasure from a private list rather than a chart. Often with last minute changes to add a twist.

OzymandiasVolt
2007-06-15, 02:22 AM
...and you are entirely welcome to do so. But not everyone wants to spend the time to do that.