PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Party Support Rogue Help

Molosse
2016-01-13, 09:53 PM
I've been looking through the Archetypes and Talents for the Rogue/UnRogue to build a teamwork based Rogue, either through teamwork feats or through other ways of buffing/supporting the party, but I'm drawing a blank.

Anyone got any advice?

Psyren
2016-01-13, 10:28 PM
I'd advise helping the party by weakening or exposing foes - use Dirty Trick, Unwitting Ally and the Unchained Rogue's Debilitating Injury among other abilities to debuff foes, so that allies can hit them harder/more easily. You can also use the Steal maneuver or tumble into a flanking position.

Rainshine
2016-01-14, 01:29 AM
There aren't really any mechanics on the rogue that lend themselves to helping their team in combat. There's some debuffing you can do, as Psyren pointed out. Otherwise, perhaps take a look at the Investigator, which throws some of the Alchemist tricks (take Infusion) onto a roguelike chassis.

avr
2016-01-14, 02:38 AM
The half-orc skulking slayer archetype gets a bonus to dirty tricks. Alternately, a thug can be amazing at demoralizing their enemies; that sort of debuff is the closest the rogue will get. The better teamwork feats tend to have BAB prereqs and the rogue gets no bonus to using them, so don't expect a rogue to shine there.

Triskavanski
2016-01-14, 09:02 AM
When the new book comes available out there, There is a Rogue Archetype that lets you single class into Arcane Trickster.

Geddy2112
2016-01-14, 09:44 AM
Teamwork feats are best left to cavaliers, inquisitors, and hunters. I would pass on those.

The carnivalist gets the ability to use the distraction performance-while not a buff and very situational, it can be a lifesaver. Fascinate is also a pretty good support ability in and out of combat.

The counterfeit mage is really good at using wands-collect a bunch of utility buffs/support spells and go to town.

If your party does not have a solid caster, minor/major magic can be handy if you pick the right spell. It also allows you to qualify for dispelling strike, which is the big sell as a 2 or 3 a day SLA is not great when you could just use a wand.