PDA

View Full Version : Belkar's guide to prison

Mad Humanist
2016-01-14, 06:39 AM
I was just looking at the web page for High Down Prison (http://www.justice.gov.uk/contacts/prison-finder/high-down/regime) when I noticed this:

'The Clink':

The restaurant opened in 2009, it provides a more varied training programme for up to 28 prisoners and includes Food Service NVQ Level 2 as well as a diploma in professional cookery and also encourages the employment of ex-offenders into the hospitality industry. The Clink also offers prisoners mentoring upon release and this includes support with employment and accommodation. The re offending rate for 2012 for Clink graduates was down to 5% against a national average of 47% within the first year.
The Clink is a multi award winning restaurant and in 2010 won a coveted Catey award for training and also won the Longford prize in 2011.
We are currently the holders of Best Overall Restaurant In Time & Leisure Magazine.

I saw this and it reminded me of Belkar's comment in the first panel of 733 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0733.html).

brian 333
2016-01-17, 05:45 AM
I would definitely subscribe to Belkar's Guide if it is published online. As long as it's not a Twitter account. I see the OotS already has issues with word count, and I can't imagine the trouble that would arise due to a limit on the number of ASCII characters allowed per message.

Mad Humanist
2016-01-17, 06:22 AM
I would definitely subscribe to Belkar's Guide if it is published online. As long as it's not a Twitter account. I see the OotS already has issues with word count, and I can't imagine the trouble that would arise due to a limit on the number of ASCII characters allowed per message.

Actually "Belkar's guide to Prison" as a twitter account sounds sort of fun to me.

brian 333
2016-01-18, 07:19 AM
Now following Belkie@sexyshoelessgodofwar

:belkar:Belkie@sexyshoelessgodofwar

Lots of food, exercise program, interesting farm animals. Bleedingham Jail gets four out of five thumbs up. I'll get the fifth

thumb after my next round in the arena. I really admire the decor here: Early Medieval Torture Chamber, from Racks, Cauldrons

and Beyond.

Yeah, I can't see Belkar using Twitter very long before he hurls the iPad at something that can feel pain. Especially if it's a touch device with that tiny virtual keyboard.