PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Shrieking Hag (Forgotten Realms)

M Placeholder
2016-01-14, 07:27 AM
Shrieking Hag

Medium Fey, Chaotic Evil

Hit Points – 13d8 + 36 (88)
Speed – 30ft, fly 80ft
AC – 18

Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha
20 13 16 11 15 14
+5 +2 +3 0 +2 +2

Saves – Wisdom +6, Dexterity +6 Constitution + 7
Skills – Deception +6, Persuasion +6, Perception +6, Insight +6, Survival +6
Immunities – Cold
Resistances – Thunder
Senses – Passive Perception 16, Darkvision 60ft
Languages – Sylvan, Giant, Auran, Rashemi
Challenge Rating – 9 (5000 Xp)

Magic Resistance – The marzanna has advantage on saving throws against magic and other spell like effects.

Attacks

The hag makes two attacks with her claws.

Claw – Melee weapon attack: +9 to hit, reach 5ft
Hit – one target (2d4+9) slashing damage

Rend– If both the claw attacks hit, the hag can then latch onto the flesh and tear. This inflicts another 4d4+10 points of slashing damage

Shriek –Three times per day, the hag can give voice to a shriek that does 2d6 points of damage to any creature caught within 60ft of the hag and inflicts Confusion on a failed Constitution save (DC13). On a successful save, the damage is halved and the Confusion effect is negated.

Innate Spellcasting
The hag’s innate spellcasting ability is charisma (Spell save DC 13). She can cast the following spells with no spell components –

At will – Change Self, Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Gust of Wind, Shocking Grasp, Wind Wall
3/Day – Charm Person, Control Winds, Improved Invisibility, Suggestion
1/Day – Charm Monster, Great Shout, Polymorph Self, Whirlwind.
1/Tenday – Control Weather.

Haunting the plains of the Unapproachable East and preying on travellers, the shrieking hag is perhaps the most fearsome of all the hags that are found in the realms. To a shrieking hag, there is nothing more satisfying than driving its victims to madness.

With yellow brown skin that resembles leather, white hands and iron hard talons, shrieking hags are not pretty sights, and they hide this form via innate magic. A shrieking hag will seek to use deception to entice travellers into their lairs before driving them to madness, reserving their physical attacks for dealing with solitary victims.

Magic Spells -

Great Shout
7th level evocation
Casting Time – 1 action
Range – 60ft
Components – V
Duration – Instant

You emit a blaring yell that stuns, deafens and damages creatures in a 60ft cone emanating from you. All within the area, on a failed Constitution throw, take 10d6 of thunder damage, and are deafened for 1d4 rounds and are stunned for 1d4 rounds. A successful save negates the damage, and reduces the conditions to 1 round.
This spell cannot penetrate the spell silence.
Creatures with Proficiency in Perception have disadvantage on the saving throw.

More Coming Soon

PoeticDwarf
2016-01-16, 10:38 AM
I already gave my feedback on this monster right? I can't see it on my mobile phone

M Placeholder
2016-01-17, 12:37 PM
No, but I would be interested in the critique that you have on this beast from the Unapproachable East.

PoeticDwarf
2016-01-17, 03:00 PM
Oh woops sorry. I remembered I did.

I think this Hag is really cool. I personally love hags as DM and player. And I think I'm going to use this one

Nice work

PoeticDwarf
2016-01-17, 03:02 PM

I think this Hag is really cool. I personally love hags as DM and player. And I think I'm going to use this one

Nice work

The spells are pretty strong, but defensive isn't that good. CR 9 is probably right. Maybe 10

M Placeholder
2016-01-18, 06:34 AM

Nice work

The spells are pretty strong, but defensive isn't that good. CR 9 is probably right. Maybe 10

Thanks! Remember to maybe throw in a few other fey/elemental creatures as allies of the hag, and use a high pitched laugh when the hag is driving the players round the bend.