PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Lets make a Stonelord

Blackhawk748
2016-01-14, 04:47 PM
So the Stonelord from CW is a bit odd. You get a bunch of SLAs of varying usefulness, and they are all only good 1/day. On top of this its Full BaB with Endurance as a Pre Req, so Ranger entry right? Nope. 2+Int skills, so Skill Monkey is out. So that leaves Beatstick.

So what kind of Beatstick can we make out of Stonelord? Everything official is open.

Im thinking Barbarian/Fighter as the basic entry, but theres gotta be something better that meshes with Stonelord.

ComaVision
2016-01-14, 05:06 PM
Ugh.. Theme's there but there's not a lot for synergy. I can't think of anything better to do with it than make an ubercharger and slap this on after, since then you're at least getting your damage increase from more BaB then. Hard to build around a host of 1/day abilities.

Blackhawk748
2016-01-14, 05:34 PM
Ugh.. Theme's there but there's not a lot for synergy. I can't think of anything better to do with it than make an ubercharger and slap this on after, since then you're at least getting your damage increase from more BaB then. Hard to build around a host of 1/day abilities.

I agree, and its not even like SLA's are all that well supported. I mean the 1 hour Bulls Strength and Bears Endurance is definitely nice, itd be nicer if you could get it to 3/day, and the Stoneskin could be amazing, if i didnt need to supply the material component.

On an interesting note you are getting Earthquake, maybe we could do something fun with that?

Vaz
2016-01-14, 05:42 PM
Earth Dwarf Were Snow Spider Entomanothrope, Dungeoncrasher Fighter 6/Stonelord 10

Ubercharger Ambusher using Spring Attack and Meld with Stone to bullrush slam enemies into walls made using Stonelord SLA's. Can trade dungeoncrasher fighter for Barbarian to get Pounce. Uses Tremorsense to locate enemies, but may need to use other party members senses to locate enemies to set up properly.

Edit, credit to Akal Saris for Old Lob Many Eyes, Iron chef IV entry.

Blackhawk748
2016-01-14, 06:07 PM
Earth Dwarf Were Snow Spider Entomanothrope, Dungeoncrasher Fighter 6/Stonelord 10

Ubercharger Ambusher using Spring Attack and Meld with Stone to bullrush slam enemies into walls made using Stonelord SLA's. Can trade dungeoncrasher fighter for Barbarian to get Pounce. Uses Tremorsense to locate enemies, but may need to use other party members senses to locate enemies to set up properly.

Edit, credit to Akal Saris for Old Lob Many Eyes, Iron chef IV entry.

Ok thats fun, would at least make an excellent enemy.

Troacctid
2016-01-14, 06:12 PM
Obligatory Iron Chef link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?150595-Iron-Chef-Optimisation-Challenge-IV&p=8441580)

Vaz
2016-01-15, 07:06 AM
Cheers, Tro, was on mobile making it hard to link.