PDA

View Full Version : Rebuking/Turning Prestige Classes

ATHATH
2016-01-14, 09:15 PM
I've been polishing up a build in my spare time, and it feels like there must be a way to do it more optimally (I want MOAR FEATS, to spend on stuff like Wedded to History (Golden Ager)).

Anyway, I have two questions:

Are there any classes (other than the dreaded True Necromancer) that advance Turning or Rebuking and Arcane casting?

Do prestige classes that advance turning/rebuking also advance Turning/Rebuking of non-undead (like through the Plant domain or the Incarnate Paladin Variant)?

Troacctid
2016-01-14, 09:26 PM
1. Off the top of my head, most of them progress divine casting, e.g. Ordained Champion, but Paragnostic Apostle advances any casting.

2. It varies. Refer to the specific text.

Extra Anchovies
2016-01-14, 10:03 PM
The phrase "rebuking/turning prestige classes" called to my mind the Elemental Savant from Complete Arcane. Their capstone makes them an elemental with the air, earth, fire, or water subtype, allowing clerics with the appropriate domains to turn or rebuke them. It's not at all what you're looking for, but I hadn't realized it before and I think it's kinda funny :smallbiggrin:

Regarding your second question: stuff that advances the turn/rebuke undead class feature would not advance turn/rebuke abilities granted by domains, because those are domain powers - part of a separate class feature. Most other non-undead-affecting turn/rebuke effects (like that of the Incarnate Paladin, or the Rebuke Dragons ACF) are in a similar boat.

TinyMushroom
2016-01-15, 07:35 AM
Sacred exorcist (http://alcyius.com/dndtools/classes/sacred-exorcist/index.html), if you're Good.

ATHATH
2016-01-15, 10:44 AM
1. Off the top of my head, most of them progress divine casting, e.g. Ordained Champion, but Paragnostic Apostle advances any casting.

2. It varies. Refer to the specific text.
I already have all five levels of PA to qualify for something else in my build. I guess I could advance PA through one of the two prestige classes that advance any class. Thanks.

My alignment is locked into Neutral, by the way.