PDA

View Full Version : Warblade two weapon fighting Improved critical or power attack?

Monk of love
2016-01-15, 10:55 AM
So I'm making a two weapon fighting lightning mace/stormguard warrior warblade but I have 1 feat left over for either improved critical or power attack, I have enough money to get two keen kukri's and then take power attack or just get improved critical but no power attack?

I'm playing a race with +8 strength and +2 con and I'm level fighter level 1/warblade 8 (went fighter 1 for that extra feat) and 2 flaws
so that's a total of 8 feats
I'm using warblade 5 extra feat for ironheart aura

so that's 4 feats on lightning mace, 2 feats on stormguard warrior and I'm, using one feat on a roleplay feat which I need.

that leaves 1 feat left for power attack or improved critical?

Nashira
2016-01-15, 11:14 AM
You can't power attack with kukris. Power attack isn't really worth it unless your 2-handing your weapon anyway.

John Longarrow
2016-01-15, 11:22 AM
Kukri's have a good crit range to begin with. I'd go improved crit. You should see a LOT more use out of it.

Flickerdart
2016-01-15, 11:29 AM
Yeah, Power Attack isn't worth it when two-weapon fighting. There are ways to benefit from it but they require more feats. Also, adding Keen on two weapons will get pricy fast...

Monk of love
2016-01-15, 11:36 AM
I think I definitely got my answer haha, is there any good tips for adding on damage to two weapon fighting? probably weapon enchantments right?

Darrin
2016-01-15, 11:38 AM
I'm using warblade 5 extra feat for ironheart aura

Consider switching this to Combat Reflexes, and then you qualify for Double Hit (Miniatures Handbook) and/or Robilar's Gambit (PHBII).

that leaves 1 feat left for power attack or improved critical?

There are several ways to get Power Attack to work on your offhand weapon, but all of them require an additional feat. (For crit-fishing purposes, Oversized TWF w/ scimitars would probably be best.) If it comes down to these two feats, then I'd recommend Improved Critical.

For additional advice: TWF OffHandbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?279079).

I think I definitely got my answer haha, is there any good tips for adding on damage to two weapon fighting? probably weapon enchantments right?

Enchantments... yeah, I need to update that section.

[EDIT: Updated.]

Flickerdart
2016-01-15, 12:04 PM
The most basic is the Collision weapon enchantment from Expanded Psionics Handbook. It costs a +2 bonus and deals 5 extra damage, no frills. This damage isn't dice so it multiplies on a critical hit, too.

gorfnab
2016-01-15, 02:53 PM
Consider switching this to Combat Reflexes, and then you qualify for Double Hit (Miniatures Handbook) and/or Robilar's Gambit (PHBII).

Robilar's Gambit + Combat Reflexes + Stormguard Warrior = :smallbiggrin:

Troacctid
2016-01-15, 03:29 PM
Also the Blessed enchantment from BoED. Automatically confirm crits and the weapon is good-aligned.

DarkSoul
2016-01-15, 04:49 PM
If he wants Stormguard Warrior now, Combat Reflexes has to wait. Ironheart Aura is a pre-requisite. Considering he's got Stormguard Warrior I'm sure Combat Reflexes and Robilar's Gambit aren't far behind anyway.