PDA

View Full Version : Debuff vs buff

PoeticDwarf
2016-01-15, 11:04 AM
As I see it now, although it isn't what Roy wanted, the situation isn't as bad as it was.

Not only turns out Roy can kill vampires pretty easy (easier than I thought, of course not all of them), also the vampires are more damaged than healed.

The ranged weapons do a little bit damage, and the cleric who debuff the vampires have more chance to succeed, at this point, looking at the spells the cleric casted, the NO voters do more, and the YES voters have to react on them.

I now it is not as easy as "they are stronger and kill the vampires" but at this point it looks better for Roy then it was before, right?

littlebum2002
2016-01-15, 11:19 AM
No, because all he can do right now is try to kill as many vampires as possible before they enter the antilife shell. The second a half dozen or so reach that, Durkula is teleporting them the heck outta there.

PoeticDwarf
2016-01-17, 03:11 AM
No, because all he can do right now is try to kill as many vampires as possible before they enter the antilife shell. The second a half dozen or so reach that, Durkula is teleporting them the heck outta there.

Are you sure, at this point it wouldn't be smart to teleport the vampires away for Durkula. You know, because there still has to be a priest in the room, and if only that womanvampire stays then Roy can just kill her

And it isn't looking like the vampires are going to the antilife shell.

goodpeople25
2016-01-17, 04:45 AM
Are you sure, at this point it wouldn't be smart to teleport the vampires away for Durkula. You know, because there still has to be a priest in the room, and if only that womanvampire stays then Roy can just kill her

And it isn't looking like the vampires are going to the antilife shell.
Uh what, the vampires are all running right to to the shell to me And the art supports them running to the shell including one who actually made into the shell. well okay maybe not the shell (they could be going to the back wall i guess) but the dawrf vamp in panel 5 definitely seems like he was trying to pass Roy not attack him and the one who's in the shell in the last panel did pass him so where else would the others be going? They don't seem to be attacking anybody.

And what makes you certain that Roy could kill the vamp that's left, anything about her place in the rules is unstated im the comic as yet she very well could not have Roy as a bodygaurd. And what would leaving vamps unprotected by the moot do anyway? Never mind why have them run jn a direction without attacking anybody.

brian 333
2016-01-17, 04:54 AM
So thirsty... Rawwwrrrr!

I think the Vampires are being ordered to attack Roy, actually. The, "You know what to do," line followed by a charge at Roy seems like an attack to me. I think the only one who got past Roy was the one appointed as the new HPoH.

It's just a bit too bad that nobody thought to dispel the Anti-Life Shell. Or at least drop a Flame Strike into it. Or happened to have any Arrows of Undead Slaying in their quiver.

And it appears I am wrong about who made it to the shell. It appears to be the Rawr girl, after it was pointed out to me on another thread. I was certain I had identified the mace-wielder as the one in the shell, but I suppose I projected that image somehow onto the page. Which is a lesson to me to fact check before I post.

goodpeople25
2016-01-17, 05:12 AM
So thirsty... Rawwwrrrr!

I think the Vampires are being ordered to attack Roy, actually. The, "You know what to do," line followed by a charge at Roy seems like an attack to me. I think the only one who got past Roy was the one appointed as the new HPoH.

It's just a bit too bad that nobody thought to dispel the Anti-Life Shell. Or at least drop a Flame Strike into it. Or happened to have any Arrows of Undead Slaying in their quiver.
No that's a different vampire, the "so thirsty" one who can be seen running right past roy in panel 5 the once with the dawrf who looks like he was attacked by roy AFTER passing him. And some of the vamps in the last panel seem to be going around Roy to the shell. And roy hasn't even been attacked yet just ran at.
And somebody (Roy) did try to suggest attacking "Durkon" he was just misinterpreted due to bieng unclear. and mob mentality followed. Thus their IQ is equal to the lowest member's divided by around 10 (my guess of how many mob members there are, could be higher, or lower if HP of Sif dosen't count) so yeah not the greatest of thinkers right now. :smallsmile:

Deliverance
2016-01-17, 01:35 PM

The moment Roy attacks the current high priestess of Hel, the rules of the Godsmoot require the gathered priests to nuke him till he glows, unless by some arcane rule of the Godsmoot being the claimed bodyguard of the former high priest of Hel automatically makes him bodyguard to the current one without the current one first acknowledging him as her bodyguard, which seems unlikely.

Keltest
2016-01-17, 01:37 PM
The moment Roy attacks the current high priestess of Hel, the rules of the Godsmoot require the gathered priests to nuke him till he glows, unless by some arcane rule of the Godsmoot being the claimed bodyguard of the former high priest of Hel automatically makes him bodyguard to the current one without the current one first acknowledging him as her bodyguard, which seems unlikely.

As opposed to the arcane rule of the Godsmoot where the attendees can brutally murder the neutral party on a whim and have nothing at all done to them about it?

Remember, the godsmoot was created by the gods, not lawyers. Many of the gods are Chaotic, so the rules are going to reflect that.

Deliverance
2016-01-17, 02:07 PM
As opposed to the arcane rule of the Godsmoot where the attendees can brutally murder the neutral party on a whim and have nothing at all done to them about it?

We have not been informed that there is such a rule.

While it is possibly there is such a rule, the way it has been presented so far indicates that it is a case of taking advantage of there not being a rule protecting the neutral party rather than a case of there being a rule allowing such an attack.

Remember, the godsmoot was created by the gods, not lawyers. Many of the gods are Chaotic, so the rules are going to reflect that.
Possibly. I certainly don't rule out the possibility of bizarre rules. :smallbiggrin:

However, absent evidence of the existence of a rule, the reasonable assumption by the reader would be that that rule does not exist - and we have been presented with no evidence of the existence of such a rule regarding bodyguard status transferring automatically without the new priest having a say in who his bodyguards are.

If such a rule does exist, I'm sure the Giant will inform us about it when relevant.

Killer Angel
2016-01-17, 02:22 PM
Maybe. But actually rules are observed in a very rigid way, so I wonder if the chaotic part is really so relevant.

Keltest
2016-01-17, 02:32 PM
Maybe. But actually rules are observed in a very rigid way, so I wonder if the chaotic part is really so relevant.

It would certainly affect how the rules are laid out.

We have not been informed that there is such a rule.

While it is possibly there is such a rule, the way it has been presented so far indicates that it is a case of taking advantage of there not being a rule protecting the neutral party rather than a case of there being a rule allowing such an attack.

Possibly. I certainly don't rule out the possibility of bizarre rules. :smallbiggrin:

However, absent evidence of the existence of a rule, the reasonable assumption by the reader would be that that rule does not exist - and we have been presented with no evidence of the existence of such a rule regarding bodyguard status transferring automatically without the new priest having a say in who his bodyguards are.

If such a rule does exist, I'm sure the Giant will inform us about it when relevant.

A casual glance over the previous several pages reveals that not only did Durkon brutally murder the neutral hosts, but the other participating clerics are now joining in on the fun by murdering the creatures inhabiting their desecrated remains, whom they believe to be the (formerly) neutral hosts.

Bulldog Psion
2016-01-17, 05:53 PM
Durkon is being guided by Hel here.

I really, really, really doubt that Hel would set things up so that Roy can hew down the new HPoH 2 seconds after Lurky teleporks out, thus nullifying her vote outright.

The fact that things are being done this way trumpets the fact that the rules prevent Roy from killing the new HPoH. She'd need to have Int and Wis scores of 3 to keep going with a plan that would immediately cause her to lose in an obvious and stupid manner.

Keltest
2016-01-17, 05:56 PM
Durkon is being guided by Hel here.

I really, really, really doubt that Hel would set things up so that Roy can hew down the new HPoH 2 seconds after Lurky teleporks out, thus nullifying her vote outright.

The fact that things are being done this way trumpets the fact that the rules prevent Roy from killing the new HPoH. She'd need to have Int and Wis scores of 3 to keep going with a plan that would immediately cause her to lose in an obvious and stupid manner.

Who says the rules need to keep him from killing her? Vampires have a number of tools to make a fighter who only has a melee weapon have a bad day.

Pyrous
2016-01-17, 06:29 PM
Who says the rules need to keep him from killing her? Vampires have a number of tools to make a fighter who only has a melee weapon have a bad day.

Example: A vampire can just turn to mist and float out of the fighter's reach until time's up (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1009.html).

Deliverance
2016-01-18, 04:56 AM
A casual glance over the previous several pages reveals that not only did Durkon brutally murder the neutral hosts, but the other participating clerics are now joining in on the fun by murdering the creatures inhabiting their desecrated remains, whom they believe to be the (formerly) neutral hosts.
Which does not, as you suggest, imply that there is a rule allowing that; For those actions to be acceptable to the Godsmoot, it is a sufficient condition that here NOT be a rule forbidding that.

Indeed, the way it is presented in #1018 with the clerics realizing that Roy is right and the other administrators aren't protected by the existing rules, thus making attacking the administrators an option for them as well as Hel is strongly suggestive of (but doesn't prove) there being no rule dealing with the situation of anybody attacking the administrators and first Hel and now everybody else taking advantage of that lack.