PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sure this has been done before...

WeaselGuy
2016-01-15, 05:49 PM
So, trying to help another playgrounder out, I filled out a build chart to help plan the character. I'm pretty sure it's been done or at least explained before, but maybe not to the degree to which I have it thought out... So, how would some people like to critique it?

Totem Barbarian - Spirit Lion Totem (Pounce) - Combat Expertise, Power Attack
Totem Barbarian - Wolf Totem (Improved Trip)
Savage Bard - Knock-Down
Savage Bard
Savage Bard
Dragon Disciple - Battle Dragon (Sonic) - Weapon Focus (Guisarme)
Dragon Disciple
Dragon Disciple
Dragon Disciple - Combat Reflexes
Dragon Disciple
Dragon Disciple
Dragon Disciple - Martial Study (Vanguard Strike)
Dragon Disciple
Dragon Disciple
Dragon Disciple - Dragonfire Inspiration
War Chanter
War Chanter
War Chanter - Martial Stance (Thicket of Blades)
War Chanter
War Chanter

Basic gist would be to function as a BFC Tripper, using Bard for some social skills and to get into Dragon Disciple. Dragon Disciple using the Battle dragon for sonic damage and resistance, and at DD 10, turning into a Half-Dragon. At that level, also taking Dragonfire Inspiration, for sonic damage. While it's not an obscenely large amount, War Chanter gives us scaling on our bardic music, and WC 5 gives us combine songs, allowing us to sing both Inspire Courage and Dragonfire Inspiration.

According to my math, the character would end up with around 200 HPs, and over 20 AC with a mithral breastplate and no other magic items. 16 BAB with a much increased strength from dragon disciple gives great attack options.

So, thoughts? Tired and abused concept?

nedz
2016-01-15, 07:17 PM
Looks like a reasonable Bardbarian, so should work fine — if that's what you want to play.