PDA

View Full Version : Mad eberron transhumanist character.

LionOfComarre
2016-01-15, 08:23 PM
So years and years ago I planned out a character combining all the neat transhumanist classes and such from the Eberron into one character, he was an impure prince and had enough renegade mastermaker levels to be half warforged and had elemental skin grafts and so on. Never actually ended up playing him, but he cameoed in a friend's game as a red herring villain, crashing through the window of the shop the heroes were inn and running off with an important looking macguffin as part of his schemes of continues transcendence.

I came back to the concept recently just to see how viable it actually was, and I hit a very obvious wall early on: To make the most of being an Impure Prince and get all the neat symbiotes, you have to be a Daelkyr halfblood. Which makes you an Aberrant, and therefore not eligible for the renegade mastermaker class. Any ways around that, or any good other options for races?

mabriss lethe
2016-01-15, 09:37 PM
Races of Destiny has the Human Heritage feat: Has to be taken at 1st level and it's for Half human and human descended characters. It's been a while since I cracked open RoD, but I see no problem with a DHB taking it. It grants you the Humanoid (human) type and subtype.

ZamielVanWeber
2016-01-16, 04:25 PM
Races of Destiny has the Human Heritage feat: Has to be taken at 1st level and it's for Half human and human descended characters. It's been a while since I cracked open RoD, but I see no problem with a DHB taking it. It grants you the Humanoid (human) type and subtype.

I don't see why there would be a problem. A human man and woman have a baby who was tainted in the womb by the energies that generate a DHB. He is human-descended and a DHB.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-01-16, 09:57 PM
Make sure your character becomes (semi-)undead as some point. Undead (living construct) is the best type!

LionOfComarre
2016-01-17, 10:24 AM
Won't I lose access to symbiotes and elemental flesh grafts and such if I take the tenth renegade mastermaker level? Since I sort of run out of flesh for them to attach to?

The Viscount
2016-01-17, 11:04 AM
Impure prince doesn't require Daelkyr Half-Blood.

As for running out of flesh, it doesn't say that that happens, so I wouldn't think it does.