PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Celestial blooded tieflings, and fiend blooded aasimar

Xuldarinar
2016-01-15, 11:16 PM
Celestial-Spawn (Fell-spawn)

Though a fell-spawn may display some of the minor physical traits of celestial beings, there is a wrongness that follows them wherever they go. They often behave in a manner not unlike their traits suggest of their ancestry, yet twisted into malevolence.

Ancestry Any Celestial*

Typical Alignment As standard aasimar (or aasimar heritage), -2 to one ability score.
Ability Modifiers As--- standard aasimar (or aasimar heritage)
Alternate Skill Modifiers As standard aasimar (or aasimar heritage)
Alternate Spell-Like Ability As standard aasimar (or aasimar heritage)

Tieflings of celestial decent- known most often as fell-spawn- exist in conflict of their ancestor's nature. Whether it is by a fallen celestial being their fore-bearer or celestial blood entering their family tree by vile act, fell-spawn represent the worst the higher planes have to offer. Their ancestors nature twisted into a vile form, for instance where most of an archon's blood may seek to spread justice, a fell-spawn law bringer may instead seek to impose tyranny.

Fiend-Blooded (Penikin)

Penikin display subtle fiendish traits, harkening back to their heritage, but also a purity that shines through in spite of them. More often than not, they act in accordance of their heritages but through a benevolent light.

Ancestry Any Fiend*

Typical Alignment Any good.
Ability Modifiers As standard tiefling (or as tiefling heritage), minus penalty
Alternate Skill Modifiers As standard tiefling (or as tiefling heritage)
Alternate Spell-Like Ability As standard tiefling (or as tiefling heritage)

The curious aasimar known as penikin are among the strangest of their kind. Where most aasimar are born of blessing or celestial blood, penikin aasimar are born with fiendish fore-bearers. Decedents of a redeemed fiend, penikin are compelled to follow the path of good and to urge others to follow in their example. Many behave in manners consistent with their ancestors, but seen in the most benevolent of terms. For instance, where a tiefling of kyton ancestry may seek to inflict pain upon others and themselves for the enjoyment of it, a shackleborn penikin may instead be a flagellant.

A notion I was toying with, so I figured I'd toss it out there. The names are just what came off the top of my head, and as such would more than welcome suggestions.

Fii
2016-01-16, 04:54 AM
I find the theme and flavor very interesting. Well done! Penitentkin doesn't roll off the tongue very well, however. Perhaps Penikin (a shortening).. or Divinikin? Mercy-Spawn?

Xuldarinar
2016-01-16, 07:48 AM
I find the theme and flavor very interesting. Well done! Penitentkin doesn't roll off the tongue very well, however. Perhaps Penikin (a shortening).. or Divinikin? Mercy-Spawn?

Yeah, sometimes naming is the issue that gets me, and I am a bit of a stickler for flavor.

Im glad you like it, or atleast find it interesting. While an emberkin in its own right may stand in for (some) aspects of the fell-spawn, given they are in part actually decedents of fallen angel, I felt it could use a distinct option and an antithesis.