PDA

View Full Version : Irish Rock/Celtic Punk

Gaelbert
2007-06-14, 02:59 AM
Does anyone else listen to this stuff? I listen to Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, The Mahones, and Black 47. Are there any other good groups out there?

Argyle
2007-06-14, 03:32 AM
Those sound like a good majority of them, though there's a really good one that's local for me.

go to www.thekilligans.com. No, I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just helpin' a brutha out with some new tunes.

Hoggy
2007-06-14, 10:14 AM
Flogging Molly/Drokick Murphys = kickass drinking music. :smallcool:

Mr Croup
2007-06-14, 10:20 AM
I can't recommend The Pogues highly enough. Absolutely great band, in my opinion. If you're going to pick up something of theres to listen to, I'd recommend their album Rum, Sodomy and the Lash. Of course, you can't go wrong getting one of their best of albums either.

Nathander
2007-06-14, 10:26 AM
I've wanted to get more into the genre as a whole, but so far the only group I've really listened to is Flogging Molly, which I love.

Jack Squat
2007-06-14, 11:06 AM
I'll reccomend a band: NeedFire (http://needfire.com)

I saw them at the Gatlinburg Highland Games and really enjoyed them; plus they managed to drown out an entire pipe band :smallbiggrin:

As for other Celtic bands (not really Rock, more of modernized folk, but still good) I reccommend Gaelic Storm and Seven Nations.

Andiamo
2007-06-14, 07:14 PM
Hell yes!

Dropkick Murphys is one of my favourite bands, and Flogging Molly is up there too. And of course the Pogues are just awesome.

I've seen Dropkick Murhpys live and it was a hell of a show. They broke the stage!

EmeraldRose
2007-06-14, 10:39 PM
I LOVE the Dropkick Murphys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have several albums, many of which I've already put on my MP3 (which I need to recharge :smallmad: )

Also...apparently my username (http://www.emeraldrose.com/mainpage.htm)is the name of an Irish band...if anyone wants to check them out...I didn't know that at first, but it's pretty cool...

bosssmiley
2007-06-15, 12:24 PM
I can't recommend The Pogues highly enough. Absolutely great band, in my opinion. If you're going to pick up something of theres to listen to, I'd recommend their album Rum, Sodomy and the Lash. Of course, you can't go wrong getting one of their best of albums either.

The Pogues: London Irish. Still teh roxxorz.
Just a shame Shame McGowan looks such a mess now.

#I am going, I am goooooooooooing
Where streams of whisky are flowing....#

Mr Croup
2007-06-15, 12:45 PM
The Pogues: London Irish. Still teh roxxorz.
Just a shame Shame McGowan looks such a mess now.

#I am going, I am goooooooooooing
Where streams of whisky are flowing....#

Yeah, I have a friend that ran into Shane McGowan while she was studying in London. She was walking along late one evening, when he burst through the door of of Filthy MacNasty's, stumbled around, fell to the gutter, and then promptly threw up. He then stood back up, looked around, she asked if he was who she thought, to which he grunted an affirmative, and then stumbled back inside. At first, I thought, no, she's taking the piss when she told me that, but then I thought, well we are talking about Shane McGowan, so it's pretty damned likely.

Stick_Ninja
2007-06-16, 09:07 PM
Definately. Flogging Molly is definately one of my favorite bands to listen to.

Celtic Punk 4 eva!!!:smallbiggrin:

:smalltongue:

Lucky
2007-06-16, 10:13 PM
I've seen Dropkick Murphys live and it was a hell of a show. They broke the stage!
Hell yeah. The Murphys put on a great live show every time. Makes me want to travel down to Boston for St. Patrick's Day one year.

Who's with me?

Oh, and Flogging Molly is an absolutely killer band as well.

That is all.

zeratul
2007-06-16, 10:15 PM
I love Flogging Molley, and Dropkick Murphys! Hooray for Irish Punk. Drink, and Fight is a great song.

Lucky
2007-06-16, 10:27 PM
I love Flogging Molley, and Dropkick Murphys! Hooray for Irish Punk. Drink, and Fight is a great song.
Drink and Fight is Buck-o-nine. Not either of those bands. Still a great song.