PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need a Dreadnaught Map

deathbymanga
2016-01-16, 12:36 AM
ok, so, my players will be entering the enemy stronghold about a giant Dreadnaught spaceship that helms the fleet of space pirates. So, yeah, anyone got any maps I can use for a dreadnaught or some other significantly sized Space ship?

JoeJ
2016-01-16, 01:08 AM
Google "deck plan spaceship" and then hit Images.

deathbymanga
2016-01-16, 01:24 AM
Google "deck plan spaceship" and then hit Images.

the most infuriating thing I have ever found on the internet, is people answering a question, with "google it". Do you think google wasn't my first place to look?

EDIT: also, just to humor you, I google searched those three specific words in that order. yes, there are a lot of maps for space ships. But here's the thing, I need a DREADNAUGHT. something BIG. something that will actually take a few house to walk through and fight in. all of those random google images are either impossible to actually be used as a map, or only big enough to count as a house or an office.

JoeJ
2016-01-16, 01:30 AM
the most infuriating thing I have ever found on the internet, is people answering a question, with "google it". Do you think google wasn't my first place to look?

Actually yes, I did think that. Your question was so open ended that it seemed like the best response would be to point you to hundreds of deck plans that might meet your needs. Clearly none of them did, so perhaps it would help if your were more specific about what you're looking for.

edit: This (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/60169/CTG03Traveller-Azhanti-High-Lightning) isn't free, but it's a large capital ship with 84 decks. Is that the kind of thing you're looking for?

deathbymanga
2016-01-16, 01:51 AM
Actually yes, I did think that. Your question was so open ended that it seemed like the best response would be to point you to hundreds of deck plans that might meet your needs. Clearly none of them did, so perhaps it would help if your were more specific about what you're looking for.

edit: This (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/60169/CTG03Traveller-Azhanti-High-Lightning) isn't free, but it's a large capital ship with 84 decks. Is that the kind of thing you're looking for?

wow, 84 decks, that's a lot. wasn't able to actually see what the deck plans look like in the preview, but it seems like what I'm looking for. Any other options, even if they aren't as comprehensive as 84 decks?

Occasional Sage
2016-01-16, 02:04 AM
Something in this thread (http://www.d20radio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5755&sid=f64e4f9a66a114a82c681235823ad6be) may be what you want.

My search terms were "star destroyer deck plans" and there are several other promising hits in the Images.

deathbymanga
2016-01-16, 02:15 AM
Something in this thread (http://www.d20radio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5755&sid=f64e4f9a66a114a82c681235823ad6be) may be what you want.

My search terms were "star destroyer deck plans" and there are several other promising hits in the Images.

I couldn't find any images that actually worked in that link, however I was able to find a pretty decent Enterprise Deck Plan using your search words, so that was good at least, thanks

JoeJ
2016-01-16, 02:27 AM
wow, 84 decks, that's a lot. wasn't able to actually see what the deck plans look like in the preview, but it seems like what I'm looking for. Any other options, even if they aren't as comprehensive as 84 decks?

It is a lot because many decks are just duplicates of each other. There are, I think, 14 map sheets in the set. The book that comes with it also describes some of the variations between different ships in the class.

This is for Traveler, so it does assume gravity plates. The decks are all perpendicular to the direction of thrust, however, so it works equally well for a ship that uses acceleration as its artificial gravity if you prefer that.

deathbymanga
2016-01-16, 02:38 AM
It is a lot because many decks are just duplicates of each other. There are, I think, 14 map sheets in the set. The book that comes with it also describes some of the variations between different ships in the class.

This is for Traveler, so it does assume gravity plates. The decks are all perpendicular to the direction of thrust, however, so it works equally well for a ship that uses acceleration as its artificial gravity if you prefer that.

heheh, I actually do use Acceleration for my system, I'm surprised you're as much a sci-fi nerd as me :P

and thanks for the heads up, I'll give the book a look over and maybe even give Traveler a shot when my schedule clears up