PDA

View Full Version : Can StP Erudite Qualify for Cerebremancer?

LordOfCain
2016-01-16, 06:21 PM
Can they? Thanks for your answers in advance.

Yuki Akuma
2016-01-16, 06:25 PM
It can't cast spells, so no, it can't.

I can't figure out why you'd even want to though. It wouldn't do anything.

Edit: Well, it can totally fulfill the psionic side if you have an arcane spellcasting class capable of casting 2nd level spells, I guess. So yes it can qualify, but not in any special weird way that would make asking this question mean anything.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-01-16, 06:30 PM
It can't cast spells, so no, it can't.
This. The class specifically says that you're converting the spell into a power, which you are still manifesting.

LordOfCain
2016-01-16, 06:35 PM
Oh. Okay. Any way to make it cast spells instead of manifesting spells? Don't need answers anymore. Sorry.

Yuki Akuma
2016-01-16, 06:38 PM
Oh. Okay. Any way to make it cast spells instead of manifesting spells?

Nope. It's a psionic class. It doesn't cast spells.

What are you even trying to do? StP Erudite is already the most horrifically broken psionic class, you don't need to make it stronger.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-01-16, 06:46 PM
Agreed-- StP Erudite already does everything you'd want out of a Wizard//Psion theurge, I should think. Unless you're trying to net double-advancement by claiming the same class as both the Arcane and Divine caster. In which case I direct you to the Sha'ir (Dragon Compendium), which fairly explicitly gets divine spells as well as arcane. And arguably has even better spell known access than the wizard, so there's that, too.

Troacctid
2016-01-16, 06:54 PM
I can't figure out why you'd even want to though. It wouldn't do anything.

It does worse than nothing—it's a psionic class, which means that thanks to the Erudite's multiclassing restriction, it can remove your ability to learn new powers. Furthermore, it doesn't improve an Erudite's unique powers per day, so you'd be stuck with however many you had before you entered Cerebremancer.

Erudites do not prestige well.

LordOfCain
2016-01-16, 07:06 PM
It does worse than nothing—it's a psionic class, which means that thanks to the Erudite's multiclassing restriction, it can remove your ability to learn new powers. Furthermore, it doesn't improve an Erudite's unique powers per day, so you'd be stuck with however many you had before you entered Cerebremancer.

Erudites do not prestige well.

Look at the post below this entitled Triple 9's???.