PDA

View Full Version : New season of adventurers league: Curse of Strahd - Ravenloft

Scorpienne
2016-01-16, 10:52 PM
From EnWorld:

"The new Dungeons & Dragons storyline will be called Curse of Strahd. I'm hearing that Tracy and Laura Hickman, who wrote the original 1983 Ravenloft adventure, have some involvement, and it will be set in Castle Ravenloft. The PCs will be sent to Strahd's realm by Madam Eva (using a tarokka deck). While the Ravenloft name is being used, I don't know if it's actually set in a demiplane or if it's set in the Forgotten Realms, but the land of Barovia certainly exists. "

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3162-CURSE-OF-STRAHD-Will-Be-Available-March-15th#ixzz3xT9pTRtL

JackPhoenix
2016-01-17, 07:05 AM
Ha! I expected as much (well, not Ravenloft specifically, but some undead themed adventure). I suspect we'll get giants later...

And I agree with the fear it will be set in FR again, after we got Temple of Elemental Evil placed there...ugh, I hate that setting...

HammeredWharf
2016-01-17, 08:05 AM
I wish some non-Strahd Ravenloft material came out. Strahd is ok, but he's just a typical vampire and overdone by now. Fortunately, one can still use the 3e campaign setting well enough.