PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or did Miko get off too easy (yes its another of THOSE threads)

TreesOfDeath
2007-06-14, 06:53 AM
I am NOT a Miko Hater. Shes a <female dog > but an enteraining <female dog> and was brought into the comic as a force of antognism, and has done exceedingly well.
Did Miko really desrve to go to the Celestrial Realm (which I assume is the LG after life) like that? I mean I'd have thought she'd have been sent to the LN afterlife or some kind of purgotry or something. Actually I was hoping she'd go throught he whole attonement drill, but I can unmderstand why that wouldn't work out.
I mean she completely ****ed over the forces of good with her blind fantaisms, and not to mention all that bloodlust inside her.
Maybe theirs more that will be revealed in a comic or to, but it seems like Miko got off to easy, She screws up, Soon's like "Well you screwed up, but eh" and she gets to go to heavean. Am I missing something or does this seem unfair to anyone else?

ThorFluff
2007-06-14, 06:57 AM
1: She doesn't
2: Sapphire is spelled with a double P.

Rhyeira
2007-06-14, 06:58 AM
Exactly... we don't know yet where she will be going.

Sylian
2007-06-14, 06:59 AM
First, he was unclear where she was going. There are probably layers of LG places, and she will probably go to a low one, or something. She was LG most of her life, perhaps all of her life. I don't thing one evil action will change the afterlife that much, unless it's a big one. She believed that Shojo was evil and a danger. She was wrong, but intent matters. She was not pure, though, and might get to a LN afterlife. Probably, but I guess only Rich knows.

Spiryt
2007-06-14, 07:02 AM
As many people said, this is all not about "fair" or "unfair". She died, beacuse story lead her to castle which exploded completely ( thanks to her ).
Her life ended and she is going somewhere. She will be rewarded ( or punished).

Its nothing about Celestial Realms for her. Soon stated that they will go "to her destination as well".

Green Bean
2007-06-14, 07:09 AM
No, I really don't think she got off too easy. She has a lifetime of loyal paladin service, which counts for something. Consider that LG heaven's standards aren't going to be as strict as paladin standards because non-paladins get in. Besides, her last act was a enormous screwup, not an evil act. Unless you can prove that she knew Soon was winning and deliberately smashed the Sapphire despite that, I'm not seeing too much malice.

TreesOfDeath
2007-06-14, 07:14 AM
Well it was her bloodlust that also kind of concerned me

Green Bean
2007-06-14, 07:19 AM
Well it was her bloodlust that also kind of concerned me

I'm really only seeing actual blood lust against OotS. She's a little quick to resort to violence in some cases (Shojo, I'm looking at you :smallamused:), but it's mainly when she's really, really pushed that she gets out of control (finding out the leader of her order is a liar/extended chase with Belkar).

Iranon
2007-06-14, 07:26 AM
If Xykon torched a tavern out of boredom, he wouldn't get an alignment shift if by chance the 30 most evil sods in the world were having a particularly wild party there.

It is implied that Miko does not enter the same afterlife as most of the Sapphire Guard (probably on the Mount Celestia plane by the standard D&D cosmology... if the Giant sticks to that).
The question is whether her single-minded attempt to fulfil her 'destiny' has made her less good, less lawful or both (it has made her worse at serving the cause of Law and Good, but that iss not relevant to where she goes. It might affect her status in the afterlife though).

The D&D afterlife is a little more varied than a clean divide into heaven and hell. While the good-aligned planes seem generally more pleasant than the evil ones, I for one wouldn't even want to go to Mount Celestia (too lawful.).

02youeng
2007-06-14, 07:56 AM
If she moved from LG to LN, I believe she will still go to the same afterlife that she would normally [Celestia, or whatever.] I'm not certain about the rules for the planes, but clerics are allowed to be within 1 step, alignment wise, of your deity. A LG cleric who worships St. Cuthbert [LN] will still go to the LN afterlife. So, if the rules for paladins are the same, A LN Miko sould go to a LG afterlife.

There is a very real possibility of Miko's story ending here. :smalleek:

factotum
2007-06-14, 08:40 AM
If she moved from LG to LN, I believe she will still go to the same afterlife that she would normally [Celestia, or whatever.] I'm not certain about the rules for the planes, but clerics are allowed to be within 1 step, alignment wise, of your deity. A LG cleric who worships St. Cuthbert [LN] will still go to the LN afterlife. So, if the rules for paladins are the same, A LN Miko sould go to a LG afterlife.

They're not the same. You go to the Outer Plane which is suited to your alignment at the time of death, not the one that matches where you happen to live or what alignment you had as a child.

RobbyPants
2007-06-14, 08:48 AM
Did Miko really desrve to go to the Celestrial Realm (which I assume is the LG after life) like that? I mean I'd have thought she'd have been sent to the LN afterlife or some kind of purgotry or something.
It depends on whether or not Rich uses the standard D&D Cosmology. If he does, there are also planes between each alignment. There is a plane between the LG and the LN plane called Arcadia. It wouldn't surprise me if she ended up there.