PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed [Solved] Manor Wagon.

SilverSheriff
2016-01-18, 06:34 AM
It's been a while since I've played in a Tabletop game and after a long string of LARP games I've just got an invite to a tabletop.
I've got a large library of 3rd-ish Ed Books and was just wondering if anyone knew what source book the Manor Wagon was in, could anyone help?

The reason I'm looking for the item is because I'm hoping to have a non-spellcaster character who runs a Travelling Tavern.
Thanks in advance. :smallsmile:

khadgar567
2016-01-18, 06:43 AM
It's been a while since I've played in a Tabletop game and after a long string of LARP games I've just got an invite to a tabletop.
I've got a large library of 3rd-ish Ed Books and was just wondering if anyone knew what source book the Manor Wagon was in, could anyone help?

The reason I'm looking for the item is because I'm hoping to have a non-spellcaster character who runs a Travelling Tavern.

I am curious to?

LordOfCain
2016-01-18, 01:33 PM

Seems like it would be Dragon??? Or maybe the Arms and Equipment Guide.

khadgar567
2016-01-18, 01:40 PM
Seems like it would be Dragon??? Or maybe the Arms and Equipment Guide.

if I remember correctly its not in arm and equipment

KillianHawkeye
2016-01-18, 03:40 PM
Never heard of it, but I'd certainly like to know about such an item if it exists.

twas_Brillig
2016-01-18, 05:30 PM
Some initial googling mainly returns...this thread, for various combinations of "Manor wagon" and "d&d". The only other page I can find to use the phrase "manor wagon" is this thread (hhttp://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?27929-The-Realms-of-Enlightenment-The-Grey-Companions/page94&p=4162114&viewfull=1#post4162114) which seems to be someone's original D&D fiction. It mentions the Mercane...maybe this is from Planescape?

Can you describe what the item does in more detail? Is it a mundane wagon or something magical?
Are you sure it's a "manor wagon" or could it be some other name?
Was this definitely a 3.X thing, or could it have been from an earlier edition/a campaign setting?

Ruethgar
2016-01-18, 05:39 PM
500g buys you 2 horses and a wagon that can be used for a shop of any Craft or Profession according to the DMGII business rules, however horrible they are. I think they had halfling caravan houses in Races of the Wild but never fleshed them out. At the very least the layouts are a good starting point.

SilverSheriff
2016-01-18, 08:26 PM
The Manor Wagon has a minimum of 2 enchantments on it that I can remember off the top of my head:
- Mordenkainen's magnificent mansion.
- Heroes' Feast.

I believe everything was sized for Halflings. On the inside it's a large entry room with 2 doors each side (storage cupboards/coat rooms) of an archway that views to the end of the large ballroom/Banquette hall with a small fountain on the far side. To each side of the ballroom are 4 hallways leading off to the port and starboard sides, the hallways on respective sides are joined by a longer hallway that is lined with Bedrooms and utility rooms.

nedz
2016-01-18, 08:55 PM
Nearest thing I can find is

Yondalla's Wagon Wheel - Leomund's secure shelter 1/day - AEG

It's a Wagon, it's halfling related and it has a similar spell to that which you remember.

Darrin
2016-01-18, 09:36 PM
There's a map for a Halfling House Wagon on page 48 of Races of the Wild. But doesn't appear to be magical, and no price is listed.

SilverSheriff
2016-01-18, 10:27 PM
Ah, after much page-flipping I have found it!

Penumbra: Seven Civilizations, pg.27.

Thanks again everyone! I'll make sure to take a look at your suggestions, I might even find something that works a bit better.