PDA

View Full Version : Working on an PRG system - what next

Some Android
2016-01-18, 04:32 PM
I'm working on an RPG system, and I'm not sure what to do next. I have enough of the core concepts down that I can play test it, but I'm not sure if that's the right step. Should I go ahead and do that or post a rough outline on these forums and get feedback?

I can post an outline of the system either way as I want to play test it on these forums, and I'll need a page with the rules for the players to reference.

Jormengand
2016-01-18, 04:42 PM
It's never too early to playtest. The folks over at Extra Credits - they make and talk about video games - would playtest their games before they even wrote a line of code, by getting people to run around a room testing out the core precepts.

Plus, if you want someone to find out everything that is wrong with your system in the first fifteen minutes, you've come to the right forum.

Some Android
2016-01-18, 06:45 PM
It's never too early to playtest. The folks over at Extra Credits - they make and talk about video games - would playtest their games before they even wrote a line of code, by getting people to run around a room testing out the core precepts.

Plus, if you want someone to find out everything that is wrong with your system in the first fifteen minutes, you've come to the right forum.

Okay. I'll post an outline of the rules here later. I'm busy right now. The working title of the game is called "Fortitude." Because all die rolls are made with two d20s. 20x2=40. Forty. Fortitude.

Well I thought it was clever...

JNAProductions
2016-01-18, 07:21 PM
Hate... Rising... Urge to kill... Punner... Increasing...

:P

Well, when you get the chance, post the rules. Let's see 'em!