PDA

View Full Version : Martial rogue

Soranar
2016-01-18, 04:42 PM
I'm working on a changeling rogue (substitution levels) build that also uses the martial rogue ACF

Now changeling rogue lets me take 10 on most social skills
I intend to take the feats educated and knowledge devotion to become a walking encyclopedia and since I don't intend to sneak attack I don't think I'll bother with hide and move silently. Eventually I'd take savvy rogue to be able to take 12 on knowledge checks through the special ability.

That should create one hell of a skillmonkey out of combat but combat remains an issue.

Problem is I'm left with a lot of feats and I have no idea what to do with them. Here's what I'm considering but feel free to propose other ideas

Option A

Become an archer (knowledge devotion works with archery, since I don't use sneak attack I can stay fairly far from melee and still deliver some damage). Use an energy bow to get access to power shots eventually.

Option B

Become an AoO build. Since I have a lot of free feats, go for combat reflexes, spiked chain proficiency, etc. Invest in Mage slayer feats. I'm not large or particularly strong but simply delivering damage and flanking is still useful.

Option C... ? ubercharging seems to be out of the question. Maybe a two handed shield slam build or such.

I'm open to taking templates as long as they don't have an LA.

FocusWolf413
2016-01-18, 04:48 PM
You can never go wrong with the martial maneuver feat. Things like Emerald Razor, Sapphire Nightmare Blade, or any of the Setting Sun throws would be amazing for you.

Troacctid
2016-01-18, 05:16 PM
There's Combat Intuition for even more information about your enemies.

OldTrees1
2016-01-18, 05:34 PM
Martial Rogue kinda fights like a Fighter. I would suggest:

Combat Reflexes + Exotic Weapon Proficiency(Spiked Chain)
Dodge + Combat Expertise -> Karmic Strike(not a Fighter bonus feat)
Combat Expertise -> Improved Trip -> Knock-down(not a Fighter bonus feat)

Together these 7 feats give you many more attacks per turn and each attack might knock-down a foe.

daremetoidareyo
2016-01-18, 05:50 PM
Combat panache (PHB2) needs them skill points and you can always find a use for it.

improved diversion (CA) is nice.

Add tumbling feint (PHB2) to it for fun.

or goad to draw fire away from a squishier ally.

gnome tunnel acrobatics and deceptive dodge are also nice options.