PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Insinuator and their Code of Conduct

Xuldarinar
2016-01-19, 01:30 AM
I noticed recently an archetype of the antipaladin that has grabbed my interest, the insinuator. IF you are unfamiliar, the SRD will tell you everything you need to know.

I was looking over their code of conduct and, legitimately I have to ask, what all can make an insinuator fall?

To elaborate; Other than through pointless violence, and given that selfless acts can all be given reasons they wouldn't be actually selfless, how can an insinuator fall?

Slithery D
2016-01-19, 08:58 AM
I think the bigger risk is losing access to certain alignments (especially neutral) you're using if you violate their code, I vaguely recall something about that and needing atonements aimed at that sort of thing.

Xuldarinar
2016-01-19, 10:31 AM
I think the bigger risk is losing access to certain alignments (especially neutral) you're using if you violate their code, I vaguely recall something about that and needing atonements aimed at that sort of thing.

Granted, and yes you'd need to atone for that. But lets be honest, which are their codes of conduct? Also, how specific must one be in invoking an outsider?

By that I mean the following; Lets say I want to invoke an elemental. Do I invoke:

Just, an elemental. Nothing more specific than that.
An elemental of a specific type (Such as a fire elemental)
A specific individual (I invoke K'vin the Fire elemental)

This is important to address. In the first case, I have to abide by what the general undefined code of conduct of elementals. Given the diversity of elementals, this is more difficult to peg down than most outsiders. In the second case, we can extrapolate from the behaviors of said type of elemental. Fire elementals, for instance, might press certain codes regarding interactions with water, water based creatures, and water elementals. In the third case, we have to then consider the personal ethos of the individual but we have perhaps greater opportunity in that.

and another thing: Other than for the sake of game balance, if I piss off a demon, why would qlippoth and demodand stop answering?

In retrospect, Im starting to get a binder vibe from this archetype.