PDA

View Full Version : TV Agent Carter II: A New Season, (And Villain), Approachath

Carl
2016-01-19, 08:41 AM
So with the new season just about to air a new thread seemed in order and a quick search didn't turn a thread up.

Sneak Peek 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKTEbS8Im_o

Carl
2016-01-19, 08:42 AM
Sneak Peek 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e69p5VxmpzQ

Carl
2016-01-19, 08:43 AM
Sneak Peek 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhx4Km1e1sY

BannedInSchool
2016-01-19, 02:16 PM
With a new series of episodes starting I might be able to be relatively caught-up, so here's marking the thread in case. Ha. It could also remind me to watch.

SaintRidley
2016-01-19, 09:06 PM
Not a real spoiler, but going to put it in the box anyway.

Disappointed with the sound of the coins. They didn't sound enough like silver.

LaZodiac
2016-01-19, 11:36 PM
Two Hour Premiere time!

Really solid opening. We've got Dottie and her crazed lesbian esque affection for Peggy, we've got comedy, we've got the intrigue of what the hell this Zero Matter stuff is and how/why did it go inside Mrs Frost's head...it's pretty great all around!

I doubt Dr Wilkes is dead though.

huttj509
2016-01-20, 01:31 AM
Wait, am I missing something?

Whitney Frost. Madame Masque. But Masque's powerset was "head of the Maggia" as near as I can tell. So they seem to have brought in a familiar name for no reason other than geektrolling.

Hopeless
2016-01-20, 09:18 AM
Hold on wasn't her schtick was also her relationship to Tony Stark so does this mean she'll be a former flame of or current one of Howard Stark?😽
Maybe that will explain how and why she crosses paths with Agent Carter?

Interesting.

LaZodiac
2016-01-20, 10:23 AM
Wait, am I missing something?

Whitney Frost. Madame Masque. But Masque's powerset was "head of the Maggia" as near as I can tell. So they seem to have brought in a familiar name for no reason other than geektrolling.

I'll be honest I have no idea who this character is or what the Magia is, so maybe that's something that'll come up! She DOES have Zero Matter all up in her skull now.

Rogar Demonblud
2016-01-20, 01:27 PM
"Whitney Frost" is an alias of Giulia Nefaria, only daughter of Count Nefaria, head of the Maggia. Who are totally not the Mafia, honestly. She's also one of Tony Stark's many love interests, a serial killer, a part-time Avenger, a school teacher, a model, etc. She also turns up dead every year or two. All of the above resolved with another installment of the Clone Saga. Eventually her father becomes ionically powered somehow after something involving Wonderman, after which he spends his time trying to kill his daughter.

The tl;dr version is she's a crazy stalker ex of Tony's who's the closest Marvel will come to 'don't stick it in crazy'.

LaZodiac
2016-01-20, 02:48 PM
"Whitney Frost" is an alias of Giulia Nefaria, only daughter of Count Nefaria, head of the Maggia. Who are totally not the Mafia, honestly. She's also one of Tony Stark's many love interests, a serial killer, a part-time Avenger, a school teacher, a model, etc. She also turns up dead every year or two. All of the above resolved with another installment of the Clone Saga. Eventually her father becomes ionically powered somehow after something involving Wonderman, after which he spends his time trying to kill his daughter.

The tl;dr version is she's a crazy stalker ex of Tony's who's the closest Marvel will come to 'don't stick it in crazy'.

All this really tells me is that a loose adaptation is probably for the best. But hey, Ionization! That's a thing that Zero Matter does, so it's valid!

Olinser
2016-01-20, 05:47 PM
I'm really not sure I'm going to watch it this year. The first season had so much promise and then the final episode just devolved into the worst superhero movie clichés and magically hand-waved consequences.

Joran
2016-01-21, 01:59 AM
I'm really not sure I'm going to watch it this year. The first season had so much promise and then the final episode just devolved into the worst superhero movie clichés and magically hand-waved consequences.

I agree, the first season ended in a dud. That said, this season's start has been pretty good.

I mostly watch Agent Carter for her and Mr. Jarvis' banter and that's still a key feature so far. Oh and the hats, the glorious hats. And the clothes. And red lipstick. And more snappy banter.

LaZodiac
2016-01-21, 02:15 AM
I agree, the first season ended in a dud. That said, this season's start has been pretty good.

I mostly watch Agent Carter for her and Mr. Jarvis' banter and that's still a key feature so far. Oh and the hats, the glorious hats. And the clothes. And red lipstick. And more snappy banter.

Agent Carter is basically a really good period piece spy drama with sci fi elements, held together by two progressive Brit's snarking at each other all day.

This is a gross oversimplification but I think it works.

Reddish Mage
2016-01-21, 10:03 PM
So is it just me orIs it strange how Dr Wilkes thinks that he and Peggy would not be noticed as an interracial couple at a "colored" club in the 40's, or that Peggy kisses him so as to not attract notice...and only like two slobs remark about him.

I mean, given how they play up on the omnipresence of sexism in a woman's life in the 40's, the depiction of race seems very underplayed and the lines and scenes about racism thrown in as an afterthought.

Olinser
2016-01-21, 11:24 PM
So is it just me orIs it strange how Dr Wilkes thinks that he and Peggy would not be noticed as an interracial couple at a "colored" club in the 40's, or that Peggy kisses him so as to not attract notice...and only like two slobs remark about him.

I mean, given how they play up on the omnipresence of sexism in a woman's life in the 40's, the depiction of race seems very underplayed and the lines and scenes about racism thrown in as an afterthought.

Meh.

Nothing new here, just Hollywood attempting to whitewash the past except for their chosen issue. They're trying to play on the sexism angle, they can't be bothered with bringing racism into it.

Reddish Mage
2016-01-21, 11:42 PM
Meh.

Nothing new here, just Hollywood attempting to whitewash the past except for their chosen issue. They're trying to play on the sexism angle, they can't be bothered with bringing racism into it.

Its in the original Captain America if I recall (Black soldiers mixed with white, despite the fact that the military was segregated in WWII).

I appreciate its a bit hard to do a period piece right as far as race is concerned: do you exclude the black actors, do you play it true to the period but offensive to your audience, do you have the heroes have anachronistic attitudes (but otherwise play it true), do you pretend the past is different, or do you treat it head on (which is a derailment if that isn't the plot).

Apparently they decided on 3 and 4 instead of 1, 2 or 5. I just find the scene with the slobs thrown in as a passing mention to be such an obvious afterthought for those who can't accept a Black Nuclear Physicist casually dating a white woman in the 40's that it's insultingly tasteless.

I hope this isn't what Wakanda is going to be like.

huttj509
2016-01-22, 12:08 AM
Meh.

Did you miss the "janitor" comment?

Olinser
2016-01-22, 02:03 AM
Did you miss the "janitor" comment?

Did you miss the fact that an interracial couple publically making out in the 1940s in that kind of location would have ended with at minimum a serious beating for the black man?

Zalabim
2016-01-22, 03:24 AM
The kiss wasn't public. It was the middle of the night and the only other person on the street had just gone into the bakery. I thought Peggy would greatly stand out at the club, but my second thought was at least they won't run into anyone from work.

Gotta love Stark's custom car. Is that a mirror?

ryuplaneswalker
2016-01-22, 03:34 AM
I love Ms. Jarvis.

Rogar Demonblud
2016-01-22, 12:23 PM
Its in the original Captain America if I recall (Black soldiers mixed with white, despite the fact that the military was segregated in WWII).

I appreciate its a bit hard to do a period piece right as far as race is concerned: do you exclude the black actors, do you play it true to the period but offensive to your audience, do you have the heroes have anachronistic attitudes (but otherwise play it true), do you pretend the past is different, or do you treat it head on (which is a derailment if that isn't the plot).

Apparently they decided on 3 and 4 instead of 1, 2 or 5. I just find the scene with the slobs thrown in as a passing mention to be such an obvious afterthought for those who can't accept a Black Nuclear Physicist casually dating a white woman in the 40's that it's insultingly tasteless.

I hope this isn't what Wakanda is going to be like.

It's more accurate to say the military was trying to be segregated during WWII, but was failing due to the 'exigencies of the situation'. One of the National Guard artillery units from my state went to New Guinea and by the time they returned they had whites, Native Americans, Hispanics, African Americans and somehow or other a Japanese fellow named Mitsunaga (whose granddaughter I took to prom, for the record). The Batallion Sergeant Major was an Oglala named Short Bull and the Adjutant was a Lieutenant Jimenez.

Be careful with generalized statements, my friend.

Carl
2016-01-22, 01:08 PM
I love Ms. Jarvis.

She really was awesome wasn't she.

LaZodiac
2016-01-22, 01:37 PM
I love Ms. Jarvis.

I'm actually surprised we got to see her, I always figured she'd be the classic "The Unseen" character. Then she shows up and she's actually really great and awesome and basically our Q when it comes to fashion (with Stark being the regular Q).

Joran
2016-01-22, 02:50 PM
Did you miss the fact that an interracial couple publically making out in the 1940s in that kind of location would have ended with at minimum a serious beating for the black man?

If you're referring to the club, it's a colored club, where they probably are a bit more progressive. Additionally, they only had a drink there, not made out.

If it's in the phone booth, nobody saw them. It's the dead of night.

Also, this is LA, not the deep south, so I'm not sure how violently racist and segregationist it is in the 1940's post-war era. There were a few noted instances of racism in the first two episodes:

1) The cop referred to the scientist as a janitor, even though he was clearly a doctor.
2) The guy running the diner clearly thought Agent Carter was in trouble because she was with a black man. When she made clear she wasn't, he forced them to buy something.
3) Dr. Wilkes mentioned his poverty and his ability to work his way up in the military, but came home and wasn't given a chance at a job.
4) The club that they met in was specifically mentioned as a colored club (and ones that whites were welcome, since Agent Sousa went there with his girlfriend.) I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think the secretary thought it might be dangerous because it was a colored club.

I thought the racial tensions were handled decently well. I really liked the scene after the diner, where Agent Carter wanted to kick the guy's butt, but Dr. Wilkes just goes with the flow, because he deals with racism on a regular basis. It's definitely a theme this time around instead of ignored like Season 1.

DiscipleofBob
2016-01-25, 06:11 AM
Re: Whitney Frost
The above posters are correct, but there are some versions where she has the power to look like other people, even though this power was usually tech-based. It wouldn't be the first time in this universe that they took a character with tech-based powers and turned them into full not-mutant powers. Well, chronologically it may be the first, since the example I'm thinking of is Donnie Gill aka Blizzard in AoS.

Also for Jason Wilkes
The only mention of that character in the 616 canon is from a one-shot Tales of Suspense comic in the 60's where a scientist named Jason Wilkes steals an invisibility ray with the intention of selling it to the *gasp* communists! He tests the ray on himself, but finds that he's uncontrollably intangible as well as invisible and he can't flip the switch that would turn him back to normal.

LaZodiac
2016-01-26, 10:05 PM
New episode!

Yay! Wilkes is back! Sort of! Peggy tries to flirt and it's one of the only things she's bad at. We learn the name of the secret order, the Arena Club, and given their infiltration into SSR through the FBI it's safe to say they're Hydra.

We also get to see that Frost is getting quite peeved at Carter, and wants her dead. She's also, it seems, learning to control her newfound ability. It also seems like someone ELSE was caught in the first Zero Matter explosion, from what Agent Douche saw. Hmm...

huttj509
2016-01-27, 12:55 AM
New episode!

Yay! Wilkes is back! Sort of! Peggy tries to flirt and it's one of the only things she's bad at. We learn the name of the secret order, the Arena Club, and given their infiltration into SSR through the FBI it's safe to say they're Hydra.

We also get to see that Frost is getting quite peeved at Carter, and wants her dead. She's also, it seems, learning to control her newfound ability. It also seems like someone ELSE was caught in the first Zero Matter explosion, from what Agent Douche saw. Hmm...

Given their emblem, it's safe to say they're Hydra. It's a variant of the "Ram's Head" from Agents of SHIELD, very similar if not the same as the emblem for the NASA mission that featured in the latest season.

BWR
2016-01-27, 02:08 AM
FINALLY!
Someone who uses 'hypothesis' instead of 'theory'.

dehro
2016-01-27, 05:50 AM
I'm liking it so far.. Also, with this episode they pretty much confirmed that Hedy Lamarr is the inspiration behind the character of Mrs Frost

LordRahl6
2016-01-27, 01:40 PM
They Club is NOT a Hydra despite the similarity to the Ram's head symbol from AoS. They belong to another organization that is part of Captain America's storyline. Not to spoil anything, it was discussed on the 75 Years of Captain America special last week.:smallwink:

Also Zero Matter will appear in the upcoming Dr. Strange movie this November, and has been mentioned by its original on AoS.:smallamused:

Ranxerox
2016-01-27, 11:48 PM
I'm liking it so far.. Also, with this episode they pretty much confirmed that Hedy Lamarr is the inspiration behind the character of Mrs Frost

Yeah, that was my thought too when they mentioned the modulating the radio frequency thing.

Solamnicknight
2016-02-01, 08:46 PM
Hey I'm late to the party. Here's my impression on the last two episodes. I like the African-American scientist character, he's interesting and fun. I hoping if he gets out of dimensional limbo he gets hired by Howard Stark maybe or joins the SSR. Also loved the opening scene with the fight in the vault between Peggy and Dottie. Although I almost expected a money related one liner after Agent Carter clocked her with that bag of coins.:smallbiggrin: Also I think that Frost is an interesting villian and pardon the pun but Frost having Darkforce powers is cool. Also I'm very annoyed with Agent Thompson selling out the SSR to Masters. He was a jerk last season and has just gotten worse. He deserved being called out as a coward by Agent Carter.

Friv
2016-02-02, 11:47 AM
Hey I'm late to the party. Here's my impression on the last two episodes. I like the African-American scientist character, he's interesting and fun. I hoping if he gets out of dimensional limbo he gets hired by Howard Stark maybe or joins the SSR. Also loved the opening scene with the fight in the vault between Peggy and Dottie. Although I almost expected a money related one liner after Agent Carter clocked her with that bag of coins.:smallbiggrin: Also I think that Frost is an interesting villian and pardon the pun but Frost having Darkforce powers is cool. Also I'm very annoyed with Agent Thompson selling out the SSR to Masters. He was a jerk last season and has just gotten worse. He deserved being called out as a coward by Agent Carter.

I'm going to cut Thompson a bit of slack. Not a lot of slack, because he's being a dumbass, but a bit of slack.

From his perspective, not having seen all the scenes that we have, the reasons for the cover-ups were that Isodyne was working on top-secret government contracts, which most SSR agents aren't classified to know about, and that operational security means keeping Peggy and Souza off the case. Red Foreman is a family friend of some kind, who's talking up patriotism and duty, and simultaneously offering perks for good behavior. That's a pretty potent mix. I think that Thompson honestly believed that he was doing the right thing for America.

Of course, that sort of imploded when he saw the newspaper at the end of Episode 3; you can see on his face that's he thinking, "Oh, crud, why do I never listen to Peggy?" I'm curious to see if he starts trying to back out, or if he doubles down like the idiot he periodically is.

dehro
2016-02-02, 11:50 AM
I'm hoping he'll come out of the woodwork having been extra sneaky and double-agent-y.

LaZodiac
2016-02-02, 10:16 PM
New Episode!

This one was cute. We get to see Peggy and Frost going to their most brutal, and we get a cute little backstory flashback thing for the two of them. I really liked this episode, just not much to talk about beyond the line "...anything I want to be" is awesome.

LordRahl6
2016-02-03, 10:26 AM
Regarding the flashbacks, were they suggesting that Peggy's brother had died in WWII? If that was so, then I have a small problem with a paradox in the established continuity regarding Agent 13.

Solamnicknight
2016-02-03, 10:47 AM
Regarding the flashbacks, were they suggesting that Peggy's brother had died in WWII? If that was so, then I have a small problem with a paradox in the established continuity regarding Agent 13.

I don't think there's a paradox, since The British were involved before the United States entered the war. Peggy saw combat action after 1941 with Captain America, while her brother died probably sometime between 1939-1940. Oh I get what you're saying Peggy's niece from Winter Soldier. Maybe she's related to whoever Agent Carter married. Speaking of which I think I know who she married. It had to be Sousa. Why? Because of the story Peggy told in the footage at the Captain America exhibit in Winter Soldier. She mentions her husband was trapped behind enemy lines and Captain America saved his battalion. Sousa mentions he lost his leg at Bastogne during ww2. In real life Bastogne was surrounded held out until Patton's third army broke through and saved the troops there. What if in the MCU Cap and the Howling Commandos helped?

dehro
2016-02-03, 11:13 AM
Jarvelous:smallbiggrin:

Rogar Demonblud
2016-02-03, 12:36 PM

It's not a paradox. Either Peggy has another brother, or the dead one already reproduced.

Carl
2016-02-03, 01:24 PM
Wait we have confirmation Sharon is peggy's niece not her grandaughter? It's been a long while since i watched winter soldier and maybe i missed something...

Kitten Champion
2016-02-03, 02:07 PM
Wait we have confirmation Sharon is peggy's niece not her grandaughter? It's been a long while since i watched winter soldier and maybe i missed something...

According to the wiki she was retconned into being a great-niece in the comics (from Peggy's younger sister, in fact), but any relationship to Peggy Carter wasn't actually established in the MCU.

LaZodiac
2016-02-09, 10:14 PM
New episode!

More stuff and things happen! We learn that Frost and our lovely invisible friend are both kinda drawn to the rest of the Zero Matter. They want to be complete. I wonder where this'll go...

Also, Peggy got perforated! Ouch! Really that's all I have to say. Good episode though.

ryuplaneswalker
2016-02-10, 05:35 AM
Perferations are a part of spy work.

LordRahl6
2016-02-10, 09:51 AM
Being a OuaT fan, I got a hoot out of Violet mentioning that her co-worker Regina son was out sick.:smallamused: Also loved how it was obvious to Violet that Souza really likes Carter. Besides that Carter at Roxxon with Hugh Jones(?), and how Badass Rose can be if she wanted to were the best parts.:smallwink:

LaZodiac
2016-02-10, 09:53 AM
Being a OuaT fan, I got a hoot out of Violet mentioning that her co-worker Regina son was out sick.:smallamused: Also loved how it was obvious to Violet that Souza really likes Carter. Besides that Carter at Roxxon with Hugh Jones(?), and how Badass Rose can be if she wanted to were the best parts.:smallwink:

You know Violet is the right lady for Souza because she see's that he was, or still is, in love with someone as awesome as Carter. Also, my favorite incidental detail about this episode was, after Rose meets up with the rest of the group, she's holding that one buff guy's knife. She...DEFINITELY kicked the **** out of that guy.

dehro
2016-02-10, 11:48 AM
am I the only one who was reminded of this?
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4907100/monsters-inc-o.gif

LaZodiac
2016-02-10, 02:10 PM
am I the only one who was reminded of this?
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4907100/monsters-inc-o.gif

I was. It's an iconic trope type thing to use, and this episode used it well.

LaZodiac
2016-02-17, 10:22 AM
New episode!

It was actually two episodes back to back! I couldn't watch it because I'm babysitting!

So...yeaah. It's out though!

Rogar Demonblud
2016-02-17, 10:46 AM
And my DVR hiccupped, so I missed the first ~10 minutes. :smallfrown:

JadedDM
2016-02-17, 01:43 PM
And my DVR hiccupped, so I missed the first ~10 minutes. :smallfrown:

The episode picks up where the last one left off. Jason Wilkes vanishes while Peggy, bedridden from her injury, calls his name. He's still in the room, but everything around him is grey and hazy. It looks like he put on Sauron's ring and went invisible, actually. In fact, instead of seeing the Eye of Sauron in the shadows, he sees a rift of zero matter calling to him. He reaches out to touch it, but Peggy's voice seems to ground him back in reality and he shifts back to the prime material plane.

Wilkes becomes really upset, realizing that he can't 'fight it anymore' and that he could very well disappear for good next time. Peggy points out that he built a device to contain zero matter before...so couldn't he build a device to contain him? He realizes he could...but for it to work, he'd have to become tangible again, at least for a few seconds. So they need more zero matter first. However, there's only one place (or rather, one person) they know of where they can find it.

Meanwhile, Frost is starting to lose it a bit. She seems to be talking to herself when her husband, Chadwick, interrupts her and she goes off on him. He's clearly terrified of her. But he tells her he's pulled all of the strings and cashed in all of the favors, and the council has agreed to meet with her so she can pitch to them how great zero matter is and show them, first hand, what she's capable of. She eats that up with a spoon.

Back to Peggy. Turns out Chadwick is going to hold a fundraiser tonight and since Howard Stark invests in all of the politicians (to hedge his bets), Jarvis has tickets. If Chadwick is there, Frost will be there. So Peggy's plan is they'll infiltrate the party, grab a sample of Frost's blood and then skedaddle. But Sousa points out that Peggy can barely walk, much less run and Frost will see her coming from a mile away. And Sousa himself can't go, because nobody will buy that he's Jarvis' date. Rose can't go, as her mother has fallen ill so she's away. And they don't trust anyone else in the SSR. So who can easily infiltrate the party, won't be recognized by Frost, and can get away undetected? And who would have the skills necessary to pull this off?

"I have a terrible idea," Peggy says.

Cut to...Dottie Underwood is sitting in her cell, alone and looking pretty bored. A guard arrives and tells her that the shrink is here to see her. To Dottie's surprise and delight, it's Peggy in disguise. Once the guard leaves, Dottie quickly connects the dots. Obviously, Peggy needs her help with something off the books...

Back at the mansion, Ana Jarvis is helping Wilkes in building the containment unit. Wilkes starts talking about how nervous he is, especially considering Jarvis and Peggy will be going on such a dangerous mission with no backup! This is made worse when Jarvis enters and starts talking about how much he lives for these little adventures. Ana is clearly upset at the idea of her husband in peril and quickly excuses herself from the room.

That should sum it up

Rogar Demonblud
2016-02-17, 03:08 PM
Yeah, that helps. Thanks.

Also, corporate bigwigs always back all of the candidates. It's called buying influence.

dehro
2016-02-17, 06:06 PM
I may have said this before, but I rather like Jarvis' character.
Also.. I Just watched this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkACYalluA)

ryuplaneswalker
2016-02-18, 08:29 PM
Jarvis is the best, well second best. Ms. The Butler is the best.

LaZodiac
2016-02-18, 11:50 PM
I saw the new episodes finally!

Not that much to talk about for two episodes worth of content! That said, they were really great episodes all around! Dottie Underwood gets to act as our Blackwidow, if not a completely good one. We also see good ole Frost go insane on the incredibly super stupid people of the secret society. I mean yes, they thought it was JUST a touch power, but don't risk that ****. Work with her. Everyone who deserves it dies, so that's cool. That ones that lived, or at least one of them, is clearly a massive sycophant.

Speaking of sycophants, good ole Detective Douchebag. He really wants to be important. Aaaand speaking of important, good ole Dr Invisible here is starting to uh...drip apart in much the same way Frost is. Meanwhile, Frost is uh...able to break Dottie REALLY easily, but given her power seemingly tears you apart at a cellular level that's a step above mild torture techniques from a guy who assumes women are weak. Dr Invisible's got a physical form again, which hooray! I just hope he's not as deranged as Frost is.

Miss Jarvis also continues to be the best, loving her husband and being a badass and also finding his badassness cool and sexy. Maybe it's just me but the writing for these two are great, and feels very "real" for lack of a better term. It also makes Peggy's awkwardness at romance all the funnier and sweeter, seeing someone who's so good at love and someone who's so bad at it interacting. Though it makes...a latter scene in this episode all the sadder :smallfrown:

With Sousa roughed up and kicked out, Carter still hurt from her perforation, Jarvis in emotional distress, Dotti gone and Wilkes kidnapped...our heroes have received quite a thrashing. This is...quite a somber episode.

Reminder that next episode is two hours as well.

LaZodiac
2016-02-24, 12:54 AM
And we've got our new episode!

Holy **** this was intense. Seeing Jarvis and Peggy fight was rough, but considering the situation...yeah. That was hard on them both. Tragic what happened to Miss Jarvis though...

Next week is the finale. Lets hope this goes well!

Solamnicknight
2016-02-24, 08:25 PM
My impressions on the last episode. I thought the musical number dream was a fun moment. Props to all the actors, they did an amazing job. Also that fight between Peggy and Jarvis was heartbreaking, espcially when Jarvis said everyone around Peggy dies. That was harsh considering what she went through with Captain America. There were some awesome moments though. Like Peggy punching Vernon in the face, repeatedly, Then Vernon getting killed by Whitney, and Peggy standing up to Jack by pointing a gun at him. If you're wondering why I keep going on about those two, Vernon and Jack have rubbed me the wrong way the whole season with their smug overconfidence. I really don't like smug antagonists who keep getting away with actively hurting others. That is my least favorite kind of character especially if a protagonist doesn't get one ups on them at some point. Another example is Lolth in forgotten realms, she drives me up a wall for the same reason.

chainer1216
2016-02-25, 05:15 AM
I didn't really like the song and dance at first I thought it was unnecessary, but then I realised that Peggy's subconscious was dealing with her torn heart with a song and dance because of Steve Rogers and the way he described love as finding the right dance partner.

Also, everything with Jarvis, his wife and Peggy was amazing, I started tearing up at times.

dehro
2016-02-25, 05:55 PM
well.. that was fun. the musical number was unnecessary, and the italian nonna bit made me cringe for a number of reasons... but other than that, the episodes were a lot of fun to watch.

LaZodiac
2016-03-02, 01:30 AM
New, and final, episode!

Peggy and the good doctor part ways, Frost is taken care of, and good ole agent dickweed has been crossed off. All in all a good episode, shorter then normal though. I feel like we're missing something...

Ah well, at the end of the day it was a good story with great elements.

dehro
2016-03-02, 10:12 AM
New, and final, episode!

Peggy and the good doctor part ways, Frost is taken care of, and good ole agent dickweed has been crossed off. All in all a good episode, shorter then normal though. I feel like we're missing something...

Ah well, at the end of the day it was a good story with great elements.

so.. I'm slightly miffed that Sousa didn't go back to his nurse fiancee.. by the way.. why did Peggy take him on the mission of taking pictures of Frost's work? He's a top man, but not one you can count on to sprint out of a room in an emergency, what with having a lame leg.. Thompson would have done nicely for that particular mission. (also, dude.. that's a really offhanded way to handle a photocamera that isn't a modern point-and-click device.. you could tell the actor completely forgot he was actually supposed to take accurate pictures of the entire wall.. and was focussing on being charming with "Peggy")
I find it quite appropriate that Frost has gone bananas and that mafia guy is sticking by her.. I was surprised to see that in her madness she returned to her husband.
Manfredi is a both hilariously over the top and tragic character...I'm trying to decide whether the actor portraying him was going for bumbling goon with a temper or for something more like hopelessly sweet but also barely contained berserker mode.
Jarvis is ridiculously over the top in his own quirky way...sometimes a little too much so (the jump towards Carter's luggage was just silly, not funny silly. it really felt over-acted).
I still dislike Manfredi's Nonna (also, nonna means grandma.. the woman didn't look like she could be older than his mother might be, or was it supposed to be nana, as in nanny? it doesn't seem like it, what with stressing the whole Italian thing).. also, if you're going with a character that speaks only Italian and does so because it's her mother tongue, then pick somebody to play her that doesn't make it look like she's making an effort, when there are so many people around that actually speak it fluently.
I quite like that we've still got the misterious key and the apparent murder of chief Thompson plot hooks to solve in next season.. (because I assume there's going to be one. On that score, I'm curious as to why the shooter picked up a, probably fake, redacted report that was mostly illegible and slanderous.. and why he didn't look for the mistery key.. was he really there for the dossier?)
All in all, a somewhat subdued/not too drammatic finale to a season I liked. Carter remains a bit of a Mary Sue, but that's ok. I shall definitely watch the next season when it comes out.

cobaltstarfire
2016-03-10, 09:55 AM
I finally got to see the final (it came two weeks later on Hulu it looks like, but I guess that's ok since they posted the previous two episodes earlier than usual...I guess) I don't have a whole lot to say about it, I liked this season better overall. And am glad that there's likely to be another.

I also really really appreciate that they're keeping it to small mini-series's that are fairly tightly packed with story all the way through.

I never much liked what's his face (the guy that got wacked at the end) but I'm sad to see him go anyway, he had a good place in the story even if the character was largely unlikable. Hopefully that just means he's unneeded for future plots.

Hytheter
2016-03-10, 09:50 PM
On that score, I'm curious as to why the shooter picked up a, probably fake, redacted report that was mostly illegible and slanderous.. and why he didn't look for the mistery key.. was he really there for the dossier?

I'm fairly certain he was there solely for the dossier, which tells me that it is real. However, I don't think it's actually about Peggy. I only recall seeing the name "M. Carter" written on it, which Thompson assumed to be Margeret... but I think it more likely refers to Michael Carter, her brother that we saw in various flashbacks/dreams. Sets up a potential "oh **** my brother was a war criminal" reveal for the next season, and likely some investigation into the authority in charge of whatever operations he was involved in.