PDA

View Full Version : I feel sad...

twofry
2007-06-14, 10:51 AM
at the death of Miko.

I always anticipated the blinding moment where Miko would realize that she was lawful stupid, and attain some compassion.

I feel somewhat cheated by the fact that there will be no redemption for her, and i mourn for that strip, you know?

Alchemistmerlin
2007-06-14, 11:11 AM
There are way too many threads for this already.

Adoniis
2007-06-14, 12:04 PM
I don't feel bad in the least. She got a "happy" ending. She died being a Hero of sorts. Good for her I say!

Ancalagon
2007-06-14, 12:10 PM
She reaches the shores of the LG realm now... her journey is over and she has not to worry about things she does not understand anymore. She also cannot cause more trouble for people who understand stuff, so this seems to be a win-win situation for everyone.

Green Bean
2007-06-14, 02:00 PM
I dunno. She seemed to honestly realize that she isn't always right in her last moments, and even accepts a compromise with about her paladinhood. For Miko, this is amazing progress.

LordVader
2007-06-14, 02:02 PM
We don't know that there won't be redepmtion, right? She could still come back as a ghost, or something.

Rhyeira
2007-06-14, 02:18 PM
I dunno. She seemed to honestly realize that she isn't always right in her last moments, and even accepts a compromise with about her paladinhood. For Miko, this is amazing progress.

Hm... when reading the last few panels of the last comic, my first thought about her "I can live with that" was along the lines of "oh, so she doesn't really care about redemption and such, as long as she can see her horse from time to time".
I guess this can be interpreted in more than just one way, just like almost everything else.

Kian
2007-06-14, 02:31 PM
Miko was always a character I felt pity for. She should have never been a paladin in the first place. She didn't feel the 'call' paladins are supposed to feel when they take that path, but instead she was told she had to. From where you can trace her need to have a divine purpose. If you devote your life to something you don't feel any inclination for, it has to be for a reason. Everyone might have been happier if she had continued to be a monk.

I would have liked to see her mature as a character, but I suppose this death is as good as some of us miko fans (those of us who see her as a tragic character, not a good example of a paladin) can hope for. Better to see it end than have her character become more and more a charicature of a misguided villain.

Kian
2007-06-14, 02:33 PM
Sorry ofr the double post. Computer acting up.

Green Bean
2007-06-14, 02:36 PM
Hm... when reading the last few panels of the last comic, my first thought about her "I can live with that" was along the lines of "oh, so she doesn't really care about redemption and such, as long as she can see her horse from time to time".
I guess this can be interpreted in more than just one way, just like almost everything else.

That's true. When I read it for the first time, I was really shocked, because regaining her paladinhood has been what's been motivating her ever since she fell. The fact that she accepted her non-redemption so readily show, to me at least, that she understands maybe she isn't always in the right. But hey, at the very least we can agree that it's great that the Giant can make a comic with so many possible meanings.

den452001
2007-06-15, 02:21 AM
Well, i did not !felt sad about Miko too..i hate Miko..Sometimes She Crazy! and BAD HEART! I dont think she is a Paladin.She simply chop people.But...she die in honor.