PDA

View Full Version : Multiclassing guidance please.

Wrat
2007-06-14, 11:22 AM
Once upon a time I had a shifter chaos monk/6, but this isn’t about him. He left the campaign rather suddenly and I got to write up a new character…right than and there. I went for a classic feel and built a halfling rogue/6, but as I was filling out the ascetics I was a bit rushed and for deity I put the first one to come to my head: the traveler (from Eberron for those of you who are unfamiliar.) somewhere around level 8 he botched a search check, set off a trap and got crushed by some very large rocks. :smallannoyed:

After a fun little chat with his deity he came back…only he was blue. Long story short he’s now a half lizard thing (homebrewed design; Claw claw bite, a few skill modifiers and a whole lot of ascetic differences.:smallconfused: ) considering we were in the tomb of horrors at the time, I figured the halfling…er…quarterling didn’t have time to dwell on it.

Now their out and he’s on the cusp of reaching level 12, and he’s had a chance to think for a bit, he has decided that his faith has been reaffirmed beyond all doubt. He shall multiclass as a cleric with his next level up, dedicating his life to this god of trickery because all in all it was a pretty good gag.

I wish to make this as effective a cleric as possible, for the challenge you see. I would, however appreciate some advice.

Tief (like I said, I was in a rush)
Quarterling rogue/11

Str: -1
Dex: 5
Con: 3
Int: 2
Wis: 1
Cha: 1

Like a Lion
2007-06-14, 11:26 AM
The only real way to make a sudden cleric level useful now is to jump into some kind of rogue/cleric hybrid PrC. Complete Adventurer and Complete Divine have a couple, look those up.

Starsinger
2007-06-14, 11:28 AM
Assuming that those are your modifiers, a Wisdom modifier of one means you can cast, at most 3rd level spells, so I'd work on increasing your wisdom if this cleric thing is going to last. As is though, the trickery domain would help out roguing, disguise self can be nice at times, as can Invisibility. Plus the domain power for trickery makes it so Disguise, Bluff, and Hide are still class skills as a Cleric. I'd also stock up on heals/buffs, since your wisdom is a bit low to expect creatures to fail your save DCs.

Like a Lion
2007-06-14, 11:42 AM
BTW why cleric, specifically? It's possible to be a priest without being a cleric, and there are other divine classes that might be more suited.

Wrat
2007-06-14, 12:01 PM
BTW why cleric, specifically? It's possible to be a priest without being a cleric, and there are other divine classes that might be more suited.

I like variety, and I lack resources. I wish for Tief’s decision to be reflected in his class because previously he was in the north, robbing everyone blind so he could return home to his small, starving village in the south with armfuls of gold.

Now that he’s a Quarterling, they will not accept him there and he refuses to live under a hat of disguise. ((because what’s the fun in that?))

Telonius
2007-06-14, 12:14 PM
Hmm. Well, one suggestion I have would be to make a "fake cleric." The Master of Masks PrC in Complete Scoundrel has some "Angel," "Demon," and "High Priest" masks. Being a fake priest of a trickster deity - now that has to be high up there on the Divine Humor index.

Wrat
2007-06-14, 12:20 PM
Hmm. Well, one suggestion I have would be to make a "fake cleric." The Master of Masks PrC in Complete Scoundrel has some "Angel," "Demon," and "High Priest" masks. Being a fake priest of a trickster deity - now that has to be high up there on the Divine Humor index.

Ohhh...I like the sound of that.

Wrat
2007-06-14, 12:42 PM
...of course our DM has a nasty habbit of knicking all our stuff. My masks would be gone within the first week.

Anyone got anything else?

Qooroo
2007-06-14, 12:51 PM
Reflavour the Temple Raider of Olidammara (10 level CD PrC with an internal Divine Casting, and generally abilities flavourful for a thief very devoted to your God) or the Sanctified One of Olidammara (5 levels, CC, champion of a diety that Paladin doesn't work for. Qualifying as a Rogue is simple, and it seems to fit the flavour well). The abilities, if memory serves, are broad enough that reflavouring the classes to suit the traveller shouldn't be too hard. And it captures the devotion to your diety while still keeping your abilities focused on the thieving thing.

Wrat
2007-06-14, 01:05 PM
Reflavour the Temple Raider of Olidammara (10 level CD PrC with an internal Divine Casting, and generally abilities flavourful for a thief very devoted to your God) or the Sanctified One of Olidammara (5 levels, CC, champion of a diety that Paladin doesn't work for. Qualifying as a Rogue is simple, and it seems to fit the flavour well). The abilities, if memory serves, are broad enough that reflavouring the classes to suit the traveller shouldn't be too hard. And it captures the devotion to your diety while still keeping your abilities focused on the thieving thing.

YES! That's it!
http://www.giantitp.com/Func0015.html
Thanks much!