PDA

View Full Version : I want to steal (Pathfinder)

Rezialn
2016-01-19, 05:45 PM
Hey guys. I often like to come here to ask for advice on reaching my goals whenever I get involved in a campaign. Today's goal is to be the best at stealing in a Pathfinder campaign.

We're starting at level 3. So far, I'm planning to mix rogue and wizard to get arcane trickster. Ranged Legerdemain and some illusion magic seems like a fun way to do things. What other concepts could you throw my way for stealing?

GilesTheCleric
2016-01-19, 05:53 PM
What type of stealing do you want to do? Mugging, burgling, lifting, stealing...?

Rezialn
2016-01-19, 05:58 PM
What type of stealing do you want to do? Mugging, burgling, lifting, stealing...?

I had never thought of it like that. Stealing objects at rest or lifting items off of people. Certainly no mugging. Burglaring might be difficult with the lawful party member.

TheMiningDwarf
2016-01-22, 08:28 AM
I had never thought of it like that. Stealing objects at rest or lifting items off of people. Certainly no mugging. Burglaring might be difficult with the lawful party member.

Well any kind of stealing at all ought to be difficult to do with a lawful party member.

Squirrel_Dude
2016-01-22, 08:45 AM
Sleight of Hand and Stealth are what you'll need for pickpocketing. Bluff could also be helpful for setting up a distraction. If you want to burgle, add climb and acrobatics to that.

A way to hide in crowds or turn invisible would also be helpful. Teleportation, and some way to turn off the lights and see in the dark would be helpful.

Segev
2016-01-22, 08:59 AM
You know, if you want to steal Pathfinder, it's probably wise not to broadcast it on a public forum. Putting what you want to steal in parentheses doesn't make it so that the rightful owners can't see it, you know. But if you want to do it, you're going to have to find a way to change the documentation behind it, because stealing IP is not as easy as just taking something. That would be a feat worthy of a 20th level rogue, certainly!

Fouredged Sword
2016-01-22, 10:58 AM
I like the idea of a skulking slayer / skirmisher who can great cleave with surprise follow through to preform the steal combat maneuver VS every target he can reach.

Your stats should be Str > Con > Int, with Int over 13 to qualify for improved steal.

Fighter 1 / rogue 2 with rogue as your favored class and the skulking slayer and scout rogue archtypes.
Feats
1 - power attack
ff - Cleave
3 - Surprise follow through.
RT 1 - Combat Swipe

Eventually you can move and attack everything in your reach with full sneak attack / steal maneuvers without concern for having to trigger sneak attacks (scout handles the first target, Improved surprise follow through handles the rest)

See if you can shoe horn sap master into your build. A merciful greatclub will trigger it and you can turn all your sneak attack dice to d8's, double the number, add 2 damage per die.

EldritchWeaver
2016-01-22, 06:21 PM
Hey guys. I often like to come here to ask for advice on reaching my goals whenever I get involved in a campaign. Today's goal is to be the best at stealing in a Pathfinder campaign.

We're starting at level 3. So far, I'm planning to mix rogue and wizard to get arcane trickster. Ranged Legerdemain and some illusion magic seems like a fun way to do things. What other concepts could you throw my way for stealing?

Googling around showed these two links: A Highly Regarded Expert's Guide to Arcane Trickster (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IZBcQbZlN5psPppnuQvOO3xJ5P84tI6UNPiQz5_jEGc/edit) and Reddit discussion (https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/2gh863/recommendations_for_an_arcane_trickster_build/). These seem to give a good overview what can be done, but might be a bit outdated.

daremetoidareyo
2016-01-23, 04:50 PM
I don't do pathfinder. But Eberron's city of Stormreach (page 95) has my favorite theft based feat: Master Pickpocket. Make sleight of hand checks at -10 for free action thievery skillz