PDA

View Full Version : Interesting character backgrounds....

CNdruid
2016-01-19, 07:07 PM
What are some interesting character backgrounds you've made or seen.

I'm quite proud of my accomplishments in making a human wizard enchanter with the noble background, somewhat of a vain nobleman who lives to liberate the commoner beneath him, he's grandiose, intelligent and spell binding with a penchant for playing chess and investigating to uncover the truth behind political intrigue and activities that threaten his free spirit.

Or alternately the half-orc paladin of Torm, he's a hermit in attempts to ease his evil bloodthirsty drive, he craves to destroy. He wishes though to let go of this frenzy for death in the name of Torm and move toward altruistic deeds for their own sake, not so much for the cause of bringing harm to those that cause misery to the innocent. He's lawful neutral.

SpawnOfMorbo
2016-01-19, 07:35 PM

I'm quite proud of my accomplishments in making a human wizard enchanter with the noble background, somewhat of a vain nobleman who lives to liberate the commoner beneath him, he's grandiose, intelligent and spell binding with a penchant for playing chess and investigating to uncover the truth behind political intrigue and activities that threaten his free spirit.

Or alternately the half-orc paladin of Torm, he's a hermit in attempts to ease his evil bloodthirsty drive, he craves to destroy. He wishes though to let go of this frenzy for death in the name of Torm and move toward altruistic deeds for their own sake, not so much for the cause of bringing harm to those that cause misery to the innocent. He's lawful neutral.

For mulmaster they put out some extra backgrounds for AL. One of which was essentially a stripper (maybe a hooker too).

So of course I made a Half-Orc Barbarian/Tempest Cleric with that background... I mean, what was I susposed to do, NOT make a Half-Orc Barbarian/Cleric that was a stripper?

Psh.

Please.

He saw a lot of play in a home game

RickAllison
2016-01-19, 08:32 PM

My tiefling storm sorcerer, Integrity, began life as the unholy spawn of demon lineage and Talos meant to be a chosen cleric. Instead he was taken by Eldath far away to begin his destiny as her disciple... Except he was awful at that. Whenever he meditated, lightning and thunder tended to spark out, which was not appreciated by the other followers of her. So he was sent off to apprentice as a shipwright, where he found his true calling: using magic for laziness. He learned Prestidigitation so he wouldn't have to clean, Mending so he could repair sails faster and easier, Mage Hand so he wouldn't have to get up to fetch things, and Shocking Grasp so he could mess with the other apprentices. Control over the very weather, and he wastes it on the ability to get out of work faster.