PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Pls help me assemble the puzzle (TWF build)

Exemplis
2016-01-20, 03:02 AM
Lately I've been pondering on TWF mundane dex build, that would come online initially at lv7-8 and fully at lv15.

There are numerous disassembled pieces of this build floating in my mind with medium-to-high synergy between them, and I understand that it's impossible to fit them all in a single PC. Obvoiusly I'm not the first one to optimize this kind of build, so perhaps there is some consensus among more experienced players on the most optimal one.

So the pieces are:
With TWF you need to be able to move and full-attack. Simplest way is Pounce. Coupled with Whirling Frenzy this gives us easy to fit 1)Barbarian 1

To continue our move-full-attack we can use Dervish dance. Dervishes have lots of awesome abilities at higher levels, but absolute minimum is 2) Dervish 1 or Dervish 3(Spring attack)

When you've exhausted you dances/day there's always Spring attack line of feats. Bounding assault is accessable within 15 levels and theres a PrC which gives TW Spring attack with similar entry prereqs as Dervish - 3) Tempest 5

So now we can move a lot and attack a lot. What does this mean? That we need precision dmg in form of Skirmish, and a way to reliably deliver it. Here's minimum 4) Scout 3 / Ranger 2 Swift hunter and Imp Skirmish

Also Dervish made our Scimitars light weapons, so we need Weapon finesse. And of course additional presision damage is always welcome - Insightful Strike. OK, 5) Swashbuckler 3

Last, we can also remove tiring from dances and frenzy with 6) Horizon Walker 1

So the question is - what to do with all this assorted stuff? The best build I can figure out is Scout3/Ranger2/Barbarian1/Dervish3/Tempest5/Horizon1. Maybe some parts are redundant and can be substituted by smth else. Maybe I completely missed something important.
Your thoughts?

MisterKaws
2016-01-20, 07:54 AM
Barbarian 1/Warblade 9/Eternal blade 10 with TWF is probably better than this.

Also, bounding assault doesn't work with TWF AFAIK, so there's not much of a synergy there.

OldTrees1
2016-01-20, 08:25 AM
Also, bounding assault doesn't work with TWF AFAIK, so there's not much of a synergy there.

Bounding Assault stacks with TWF Spring Attack Tempest class feature. Whether they multiply depends on if your DM rules the undefined "an attack action" is the same as "make an attack". If they are the same then Bounding Assault triggers TWF Spring Attack twice, otherwise they merely stack.

Tempest 5 requires +6BAB and 5 feats:
Dodge , Two-Weapon Fighting , Improved Two-Weapon Fighting , Mobility , Spring Attack

Barbarian 1 requires 1 feat: Extra Rage (1/day is not worth thinking about, 3/day is)

Dervish 3 requires +5BAB and 3 feats but grants that Spring Attack:
Combat Expertise , Dodge , Mobility , Weapon Focus

That is 5 feats you need to fit in not including bonus feats. With 2 flaws that would take till 3rd(human)/6th(other). Adding in Weapon Finesse instead of Swashbuckler would increase that to 6/9.

Some starts to build stubs. Still need to work on the first 4-5 levels but got to go to work.

Human BAB +4 in 4 levels / Barbarian 1 / Dervish 3 / Tempest 5
Human Feats: 1 Weapon Focus, 1 Two Weapon Fighting, 1 Combat Expertise, 1 Dodge, 3 Mobility, 6 Improved Two Weapon Fighting, 8 Spring Attack(Bonus), 9 Extra Rage, 12 ???
or
Human BAB +4 in 5 levels / Barbarian 1 / Dervish 3 / Tempest 5
Human Feats: 1 Weapon Focus, 1 Two Weapon Fighting, 1 Combat Expertise, 1 Dodge, 3 Mobility, 6 Extra Rage, 9 Improved Two Weapon Fighting, 8 Spring Attack(Bonus), 12 ???

Darrin
2016-01-20, 09:11 AM
First, obligatory plug: TWF OffHandbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?279079).

To continue our move-full-attack we can use Dervish dance. Dervishes have lots of awesome abilities at higher levels, but absolute minimum is 2) Dervish 1 or Dervish 3(Spring attack)

My issue with Dervish is it requires a lot of feats that don't really help TWF, but three in particular: Dodge, Mobility, and Weapon Expertise. At best, if you finish all 10 levels, you only get 5 rounds of dervish dance per day. If you took those three feats and spent them on Travel Devotion instead, you'd get 30 rounds of move + full attack.

When you've exhausted you dances/day there's always Spring attack line of feats. Bounding assault is accessable within 15 levels and theres a PrC which gives TW Spring attack with similar entry prereqs as Dervish - 3) Tempest 5

I have the same problem with Tempest. It requires the Spring Attack line of feats, but Spring Attack doesn't work with TWF. Even the Tempest Capstone is insultingly weak: you get one attack with your primary weapon and one attack with your offhand weapon. That's it. If you invested in Improved TWF or Greater TWF, those feats are just wasted. The Bounding Assault line of feats just adds insult to injury: you're only getting those extra attacks with your primary weapon. Your offhand weapon is only getting one attack per round, at which point... why exactly did you invest so much resources into TWF?

So now we can move a lot and attack a lot. What does this mean? That we need precision dmg in form of Skirmish, and a way to reliably deliver it. Here's minimum 4) Scout 3 / Ranger 2 Swift hunter and Imp Skirmish

Technically, the minimum is Scout 3/Ranger 1. But if I'm going Swift Hunter, then I'd much rather have Ranger levels than Dervish or Tempest levels. Scout 4 offers us a bonus feat we can use to pick up Improved Skirmish, and there are a bunch of Ranger ACFs in the 3-4 level range that can be worth picking up. If you spent the Dervish 3/Tempest 5 levels on Ranger instead, that's about 4d6 skirmish damage or 6d6 with Improved Skirmish. And if you spent your feat slots on Travel Devotion x3, that's 30 rounds of move + full attack instead of 5 rounds of Dervish Dance.

Also Dervish made our Scimitars light weapons, so we need Weapon finesse. And of course additional presision damage is always welcome - Insightful Strike. OK, 5) Swashbuckler 3

Urk... well, feycraft weapons are a thing (DMGII), but how many points are you really going to have leftover for Int after pumping up your Dex, Con, and Str? I actually prefer to TWF with a greatsword and offhand with Improved Unarmed Strike. You get to squeeze a little more damage out of Str and have a bonus for disarm/sunder, if need be. Also both weapons still work with Power Attack, if you can squeeze it in.

Last, we can also remove tiring from dances and frenzy with 6) Horizon Walker 1

Plenty of other ways to get rid of fatigue. Icewild Lichen Paste (Secrets of Sarlona) is only 50 GP.

So the question is - what to do with all this assorted stuff? The best build I can figure out is Scout3/Ranger2/Barbarian1/Dervish3/Tempest5/Horizon1. Maybe some parts are redundant and can be substituted by smth else. Maybe I completely missed something important.
Your thoughts?

Barb 1/Ranger 2/Scout 4/Ranger +11/Highland Stalker 2 gets 6d6/8d6 skirmish, Travel Devotion x3 (30 rounds), and you've got a little room for Combat Reflexes/Double Hit or Power Attack/Leap Attack.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-01-20, 10:31 AM
I agree that Dervish, Tempest, and Spring Attack aren't worth it. A Swift Hunter or Scout/Highland Stalker is great, taking a one-level dip in Cloistered Cleric for Travel Devotion, 3+Cha Turn Undead uses to power it, another domain or Devotion feat or two (Knowledge Devotion is a good one), and wand access. Something like Scout 4/Cleric 1/Ranger* 15.

*I'd go with the Archery style, just because you'll want your key TWF feats earlier than this will give them to you-- that way you can be a bit of a switch hitter as well. Maybe trade much-delayed spells for bonus feats (Complete Champion) and take the Urban Companion ACF instead of Animal Companion so that won't be useless.

Exemplis
2016-01-25, 02:20 AM
First, thanks everyone for the reply!

Second, it seems that general consensus is to get rid of Dervish/Tempest nonsense in favor of proper Skirmish and devotion feats. Ok, I see that it's reasonable, but there's little problem - my char is completely mundane. He is supposed to be become TWF master through practice and will, overcoming flaws and devoting every single feat to this purpose, not by some miraculous powers. And even if I can rather seamlessly explain his early ranger levels (they are pretty mundane after all) - spellcasting and cleric levels aren't an option.

Considering that my DM allows TW Spring attack proc on Bounding assault I would prefer to stick with Dervish3/Tempest5 and omit Ranger/Scout levels altogether. But then I am left with no source of extra damage. Is there any way to get bonus damage while staying mundane? And exactly how "divine" are Devotion feats? Can unreligious char take them?

Darrin
2016-01-25, 06:29 AM
And exactly how "divine" are Devotion feats? Can unreligious char take them?

Let me address this first. Devotion feats represent a spell-like ability that is granted by worship of a deity. Characters that do not worship a particular deity can take them, but if you take more than one then they can't be opposed to each other (don't take both Good and Evil), and they should fit a particular theme. The theme is up to you and the DM to work out, but it should be consistent with your alignment. I usually fluff this as "My mother/father worshipped Fharlaghn, and wanted me to become a priest/druid. To humor my parents, I learned some of the prayers/rituals, but I wanted to walk my own path."

Considering that my DM allows TW Spring attack proc on Bounding assault I would prefer to stick with Dervish3/Tempest5 and omit Ranger/Scout levels altogether. But then I am left with no source of extra damage. Is there any way to get bonus damage while staying mundane?

The Champion of the Wild ACF (Complete Champion) is within your sources. This trades away the Ranger's spellcasting for bonus feats. Unfortunately, the list of feats to choose from is short and full of garbage... but it's much more mundane.

Ok, so... bonus damage:

Dragonfire Inspiration is probably the best source of bonus damage for TWF. Definitely not mundane, though. There are a few PrCs that grant Inspire Courage (Dread Pirate, Orc Warlord) without necessarily tying it to spellcasting or something magical, but it will be difficult to boost that beyond +1 or +2 without resorting to magic.

Sneak Attack is mundane. Daring Outlaw might work for you... Scout 4/Swashbuckler 16. You could throw Dervish 3/Tempest 5 on the tail end of that, although you'd wind up losing about 4d6 Sneak Attack that way. However, although you've got bonus damage, you have the problem of how to move + full attack. Travel Devotion will work here as well. Pounce, too, if you want to slip in the Barbarian dip for Spirit Lion Totem.

Adding various ability modifiers to damage is a thing... Swashbuckler/Daring Outlaw adds Int bonus to damage. If Tome of Battle is available, Shadow Blade adds Dex bonus to damage. There may be a few ways to add Cha bonus to damage. However, at best you're going to get +4 or +5 on damage, and boosting it up above that will definitely not be mundane. If you're relying on this as your primary source of bonus damage, then there's just not enough damage here to make it worthwhile.

Power Attack. Improved Unarmed Strike, Oversized TWF or Agile Shield Fighter can give you an offhand weapon that can be used with Power Attack. You can then Leap Attack/Shock Trooper with the best of the THF Uberchargers. The problem here is you're a bit more fragile than an Ubercharger, who got to use d10's/d12's for most of his HP, and has a higher Con because he didn't have much MAD to worry about. So unless you kill your target on that first pounce, you're a bloodsmear waiting to happen.

Xerlith
2016-01-25, 06:54 AM
One cleric level is very much an option. Just dump Wisdom. With 8 or 10 Wis you won't be casting anything, so you're still nonmagical (D&D characters are, by definition, pretty far from "mundane"). And if you use your Turn Undead only for Travel Devotion, explaining it away as a special kind of "trance", not unlike the Dervish Dance, is easy enough.

That said, the Barbarian level would probably work just as well, since when pouncing you'd get that full attack almost as easily.

All in all though, Warblade is the king of mundane ass-kicking. But it doesn't really play that well with two-weapon fighting.

OldTrees1
2016-01-25, 08:03 AM
Considering that my DM allows TW Spring attack proc on Bounding assault I would prefer to stick with Dervish3/Tempest5 and omit Ranger/Scout levels altogether. But then I am left with no source of extra damage. Is there any way to get bonus damage while staying mundane?

Yes

Swashbuckler was going to add +Int on damage.
This is in addition to the +Str/+0.5Str.
You could even add +Dex via the Shadow Blade but that would limit you to a Shadow Hand stance.
Then there is Sneak Attack (I suggest using Flanking which can be made easy with the Island in Blades stance from Diamond Mind).
However Sneak Attack also opens up the Stagger Strike feat. Save vs Stagger per hit is not strictly bonus damage but it serves the same multiplier role.

Human Swashbuckler 3 / Barbarian 1 / Warblade 1 / Dervish 1 / Rogue 1 / Dervish +2 / Tempest 5
Feats: 1 Weapon Focus, 1 Two Weapon Fighting, 1 Combat Expertise, 1 Dodge, 1 Weapon Finesse(bonus), 3 Mobility, 6 Improved Two Weapon Fighting, 9 Staggering Strike, 9 Spring Attack(Bonus), 12 Extra Rage

End result:
4 attacks on a full attack / pounce with +Int+1d6 extra damage & save vs Stagger each
2 attacks on a spring attack with +Int+1d6 extra damage & save vs Stagger each

Exemplis
2016-01-25, 09:11 PM
So I've read TWF Handbook and stumbled upon entry about Exotic Weapons master with his Uncanny Blow stunt, which is described in handbook to give 2 dam for 1 bab with Power Attack for 1-handed exotic weapon wielded in 1 hand!!
So the katana (pls don't laugh), which is technically a saber with longer hilt and smaller curve (unlike scimitat that is a long knife with reverse curve originally) should be able to benefit from both PA+Uncanny blow AND Slashing blades (i.e being treated as light weapon for the purpose of TWF and 1-handed for the purpose of PA).
Of course this makes build even more feat-intensive but gives the best source of extra damage without resorting to Skirmish or Sneak attack.
Or does Uncanny blow stunt description mean smth else?

Exemplis
2016-01-25, 09:48 PM
One cleric level is very much an option. Just dump Wisdom. With 8 or 10 Wis you won't be casting anything, so you're still nonmagical (D&D characters are, by definition, pretty far from "mundane"). And if you use your Turn Undead only for Travel Devotion, explaining it away as a special kind of "trance", not unlike the Dervish Dance, is easy enough.

That said, the Barbarian level would probably work just as well, since when pouncing you'd get that full attack almost as easily.

All in all though, Warblade is the king of mundane ass-kicking. But it doesn't really play that well with two-weapon fighting.

Ahahaa.

So the char is basically a caravan guard (Swash 3 / Fighter 2) that was fired becuse of anger management issues (Barb 1) and went to treat his mental condition (split personality in shape of "Inner Lion" forcing him to kill people) to a monastery (Cloistered Cleric 1). This monastery turned out to be a home to the secret sect of practicioners of a strange martial art (Katana-wielding Dervish 1), where he was taught to block his alternate personality in combat using trance-like states (Travel Devotion, Knowledge Devotion).

OMG. Explaining this poor fella to DM will be fun.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-01-25, 10:07 PM
Ahahaa.

So the char is basically a caravan guard (Swash 3 / Fighter 2) that was fired becuse of anger management issues (Barb 1) and went to treat his mental condition (split personality in shape of "Inner Lion" forcing him to kill people) to a monastery (Cloistered Cleric 1). This monastery turned out to be a home to the secret sect of practicioners of a strange martial art (Katana-wielding Dervish 1), where he was taught to block his alternate personality in combat using trance-like states (Travel Devotion, Knowledge Devotion).

OMG. Explaining this poor fella to DM will be fun.
We can simplify that: He was a caravan guard who got snowed in at Ye Olde Hidden Mountain Kung Fu Temple(TM), where he passed the season studying with the warriors there. He learned a variety of techniques, including the vicious Lion Style (Rage/Pounce), a way to summon almost supernatural speed (Travel Devotion), a thousand kung-fu strikes for every occasion (Knowledge Devotion), and an almost dance-like blade style (Dervish). He left once the spring came and his caravan moved on, but he continues to practice the martial arts he learned here. That should cover everything, yes?

Also, if you're just looking at Dervish for the Slashing Blades, there are easier ways-- Oversized TWF is an improved version of the ability for only one feat, as opposed to four craptastic feats and a level that's otherwise redundant if you're using Travel Devotion.

Exemplis
2016-01-25, 10:34 PM
Also, if you're just looking at Dervish for the Slashing Blades, there are easier ways-- Oversized TWF is an improved version of the ability for only one feat, as opposed to four craptastic feats and a level that's otherwise redundant if you're using Travel Devotion.

Yes, I considered this option, but sadly Oversised TWF makes weapon light only for the purpose of TWF, so Finesse and related mechanics do not apply. Also, not going for dervish means that all progression that I planned with Dervish 3 / Tempest 5 is out along with TW Spring attack + Bounding assault grasshopping. I also think that 3 + 0 uses of Devotion feats a day isn't enough to cover all encounters.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-01-26, 10:15 AM
Yes, I considered this option, but sadly Oversised TWF makes weapon light only for the purpose of TWF, so Finesse and related mechanics do not apply. Also, not going for dervish means that all progression that I planned with Dervish 3 / Tempest 5 is out along with TW Spring attack + Bounding assault grasshopping. I also think that 3 + 0 uses of Devotion feats a day isn't enough to cover all encounters.
Feycraft Weapons from DMG 2 are cheap and count as light for the purposes of finesse. Nightsticks from Libris Mortis give an extra 4 daily uses of Turn Undead, as does the Extra Turning feat. I don't know what kind of games your DM runs, but I suspect that 7 minutes (11 minutes with both) is enough Travel Devotion-ing? (Knowledge Devotion doesn't burn Turn attempts).

Looking more closely, though, I'm not sure Uncanny Blow does what you think it does. The key word is "when wielding a one-handed weapon in two hands." While the Power Attack benefit is in a different sentence, I suspect it's only meant to work under the same limits.

MisterKaws
2016-01-26, 10:24 AM
And exactly how "divine" are Devotion feats? Can unreligious char take them?

Devotion to a concept is a thing in D&D, you just don't like the gods of that concept, even though you like the concept itself.

Warrnan
2016-01-26, 12:41 PM
Here's how I like to build a two weapons guy. Rapier and shortsword. Rog3/swb14/bbn2/nightsong enforcer1

This guy has 10d6 sneak attack, can cover rogue skills, DEX to damage from shadowblade, and int to damage from swashbuckler. Use a shadow hands items or martial study/stance feats to grab island of blades and cloak of deception. These really help you land your sneak attacks. Also a scouts headband from mic will help you pierce magical concealment.

Max your use magic device and keep a wand of wraithstrike in a wand chamber in the hilt of your weapon. This is not a magical thing. You are MacGuyver, rigging a device to accomplish a task.

The barbarian dip could be only one level if your DM doesn't enforce multiclass xp. this dip is mainly for pounce. Trade away rage for something if you plan to use magic device at all. Probably the ACF that loses rage for favored enemy from UA.
Alternately you could dip cleric and take travel devotion.

Taking daring outlaw is a must and knowledge devotion is good too. I love adding staggering strike asap and craven. I usually have able learner as well.

Also. You can give up 2 swashbuckler if you need feats from fighter. Take the drow acf "hit and run fighter" that allows you to add dex to damage when flatfooted. This is double dex to damage when you have shadowblade. It also gives +2 init and looses the armors you weren't using anyway.

With improved Initaitive for NSE you normally will go first with all that dex. :)

Happy adventuring.

Flickerdart
2016-01-26, 01:26 PM
Travel Devotion isn't really the be-all end-all for move and full attack, though, for two reasons:

You don't really have 10 rounds of it per day. You have 1 encounter of it per day, because you can't divvy up those rounds.
Due to the way it's worded, by RAW you can't actually swift-move on the first turn because you need a swift action to turn on the "swift to move" ability. I've never seen any DM stick to the RAW on this one, but still - watch out.

Darrin
2016-01-26, 01:35 PM
Or does Uncanny blow stunt description mean smth else?

Well... I hope the OffHandbook made this clear, but that particular reading of "Uncanny Blow" could be a bit contentious, as the text isn't clear on what the designer intended. It could be a case of sloppy editing, or the designer forgot how exactly two-handed Power Attack normally works.

The other odd part about Uncanny Blow is there are two sentences. The second sentence, which says if the wielder has the Power Attack feat, he treats the weapon as two-handed for determining damage. We are assuming that this sentence refers to when an exotic one-handed weapon is being wielded one-handed, because the alternative is this text would be meaningless and redundant: two-handing a one-handed weapon automatically gives you two-handed damage.

So... if we assume the second sentence is true, and we go back to the first sentence... we are wielding an exotic weapon one-handed, and are treating it as two-handed for the purposes of calculating damage. The first sentence now applies: we get two-handed damage, so our Str multiplier is x2.0 instead of x1.0 or x1.5.

Anyway, long story short: go over Uncanny Blow with your DM, and make sure you both agree on how you want this to work.

Yes, I considered this option, but sadly Oversised TWF makes weapon light only for the purpose of TWF, so Finesse and related mechanics do not apply.

There's another alternative. Dragonsplits (MMIV p. 151) are an exotic one-handed weapon that is treated as a light weapon for TWF and Weapon Finesse purposes, but still counts as one-handed for Power Attack purposes. (The only problem is we don't know how much it costs... however, put it around 30-35 GP, and it's in the neighborhood of a bastard sword.) It will still cost you a feat for EWP, but you don't need Oversized TWF to get Power Attack (or Uncanny Blow) working.

(Hmm. Tangent... it just occurred to me, go Dragonborn to pick up Dragon Tail, pick up Prehensile Tail, and you could wield three dragonsplits with MWF. Sorry, back to the matter at hand.)

Also, not going for dervish means that all progression that I planned with Dervish 3 / Tempest 5 is out along with TW Spring attack + Bounding assault grasshopping. I also think that 3 + 0 uses of Devotion feats a day isn't enough to cover all encounters.

The point we're trying to make is two feats (Oversized TWF and Travel Devotion) replicate almost everything Dervish can give you, and those four crappy prereq feats that don't work well with TWF can be spent on something more interesting. If you really want Tempest for the TWF Spring Attack thing, then it's probably more effective to just skip Dervish and take the Dodge/Mobility/Spring Attack feats as a Fighter or whatever.

Travel Devotion x3 may be a bit thin if your DM likes to throw a lot of encounters per day at you. Hence why a Cloistered Cleric dip is quite popular: you get Knowledge Devotion (more bonus damage!), Travel Devotion, and then some other domain, probably Magic (for spell-trigger items, wand chambers are pure awesomesauce for TWFers). Charisma of 12 gets you 3 uses per day, and Extra Turning/Nightsticks can get you more if need be. If you need a deity, Io is a good one (Races of the Dragon p. 155) and can be found in any published or semi-generic campaign world. Dragon theme also works well with picking up some dragonsplits. Asgardian Pantheon (Deities & Demigods p. 167) could also be used to pick up Knowledge, Travel, and one of the other core domains, such as Magic or Luck. (Also gives you a good excuse to yell out "By Odin's Beard!" a lot, which just never gets old.)

So... where does that leave us? Assuming we get a favorable ruling on Uncanny Blow, then a Barb/Ranger/Fighter entry into Tempest, picking up Exotic Weapon Master and maybe Swashbuckler 3 along the way, could be pretty darned potent without mucking around with Dervish:

Race: Human
1) Ranger 1. Feat: EWP Dragonsplit. Human: Travel Devotion. Bonus: Track.
2) Ranger 2. Bonus: TWF.
3) Barbarian 1. Feat: Travel Devotion (x2). Spirit Lion Totem -> Pounce.
4) Fighter 1. Bonus: WF Dragonsplit.
5) Fighter 2. Bonus: Power Attack.
6) Exotic Weapon Master 1. Feat: Improved TWF. Uncanny Blow.
7) Swashbuckler 1. Bonus: Weapon Finesse.
8) Fighter 3.
9) Fighter 4. Feat: Expeditious Dodge. Bonus: Mobility.
10) Fighter 5.
11) Fighter 6. Bonus: Spring Attack.
12) Tempest 1. Feat: Bounding Assault.
13) Tempest 2.
14) Tempest 3.
15) Tempest 4. Feat: Rapid Blitz.
16) Tempest 5.
17) Fighter 7.
18) Fighter 8. Feat: Improved Bull Rush. Bonus: Shock Trooper.
19) Fighter 9.
20) Fighter 10. Bonus: Greater TWF.

Hmm. Not quite working for me... still missing a few things, like Leap Attack.

Red Fel
2016-01-26, 01:39 PM

Beg to differ, and here's why.

1. Punishing Stance. Punishing Stance is a first-level Iron Heart stance that a Warblade can learn. It adds 1d6 to every melee attack, at the cost of a piddling -2 AC. This damage is simply added damage; it does not have an energy type that can be resisted, nor is it precision or critical damage that can be ignored by certain creatures (e.g. Undead, Constructs). Extra 1d6 on every hit, for every enemy.

2. Stormguard Warrior. Stormguard Warrior is a tactical feat that requires access to the Iron Heart discipline, which a Warblade gets natively. Among other things, its Combat Rhythm function increases in power the more attacks you can make. Using this function gives you a flat damage bonus to all hits for each hit that connects. Again, a flat damage bonus to each hit, which is great for TWF.

3. Tiger Claw. The Tiger Claw discipline, while not exclusively focused on TWF, does tap into it nicely. The Mongoose line of boosts, in particular, give lovely utility to TWF, by letting you make bonus attacks with each weapon you wield.

The core of a TWF build is making as many attacks as you can, and giving each one damage boosts. The traditional method of this was the Rogue's Sneak Attack, and later the Scout's Skirmish. Other methods, as cited above, include Dragonfire Inspiration and the like. But the Warblade has native access to quite a number of quick and easy sources of damage boosting.

I'd strongly advise you to keep it in mind, is my point.