PDA

View Full Version : How do you bury a dragon-marked who isn't quite dead yet?

nows7
2007-06-14, 12:39 PM
So, here's the deal boys and girls; After a bad encounter with a Deck of many things, one of my teammates, a Shadow marked sword sage got kicked out of his house, and then lost his soul to an evil outsider (CR 15). We are on avage a ECL 5 party. We arn't going to be getting his soul back anytime soon. We'll be entrusting his body to house Jorasco for the coma patient treatment untill his soul is returned, but for all intents, he is dead.

My DM has asked me to give a eulogy of sorts for our lost comrad in return for letting me re-spec one of my levels, but I dont know if there is anything special I should say or do for the whole "Dragon Mark" thing - This is my first time in ebberon, and Funeral rights aren't exactly page one material.

While I am planning on writing some words out, and leaving room for other players and NPC's, I just wanted any or your thoughts on how I can realy make it memorable and well suited.

Thanks.

Qooroo
2007-06-14, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the mark thing. Maybe make some reference to how important his house was to him, if that was the case. But more importantly, I'd just focus on who he was as a person (character, whatever). Involve his marked-ness and his house connections insofar as they contributed to who he was. That's the best way to make it meaningful, I think.

Matthew
2007-06-14, 09:26 PM
Probably something about sorrow and the eternal suffering that his soul is no doubt now enduring and your pledge to one day get revenge/rescue him.