PDA

View Full Version : Let's become a cyborg!

Rezialn
2016-01-20, 12:45 PM
Hey everybody. I like to post questions about concept ideas and I've always gotten lovely responses from you. Today I've got a new one based on a campaign my friend is running.

How would a player effectively become more cyborg than human? We're playing Pathfinder but D&D content is probably okay. Ignoring cost for the concept is also fine.

The resource I'm looking at is this one. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/variant-rules-3rd-party/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/The-Loss-of-a-Body-Part/Prosthetics

This is all limb replacements. That's pretty cool, but replacing your four limbs isn't as far into cyborg as I'm looking to go.

Some questions to be answered.

What four limb replacements would be most effective?

How can other mechanic parts be added to the person?

Flickerdart
2016-01-20, 12:51 PM
3.5 has a wide variety of Grafts - objects you can graft on your person that replace or augment your body. Some grafts are pieces of other creatures (such as wings from a fiend). Others are artificially created (such as sithilar grafts) and can replace your internal organs.

The types of grafts that are mechanical in nature are:
Maug grafts, which essentially attach various pieces of gear to you. Customized limbs, armor plating, and so forth.
Pirate grafts, more specifically the Spyglass Eye.
Inevitable grafts which get you construct wings.
Construct grafts from Faiths of Eberron, granting you metal skin, heart, legs, arms, and brain.

Zaq
2016-01-20, 01:44 PM
Pirate grafts, more specifically the Spyglass Eye.

Wait, what? How have I never heard of this before? More importantly, what book is it from?

Sheogoroth
2016-01-20, 01:44 PM
There's a 3pp prestige class in Pathfinder that gives you DR equal to the number of prosthetics you have. The name escapes me at the moment. A lot of the grafts I wouldn't really count as prosthetics, but there are some in Lords of Madness I believe that replace your eyes with Eyestalks. The best sell would be the one where you graft your weapon onto your arm.
There's also This (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/halfgolem.shtml).

Warpwolf16
2016-01-20, 01:49 PM
There are also 2 cyborg 3rd party classes

Manyasone
2016-01-20, 01:51 PM
Be a Cyber-soldier (Technology Guide Paizo) and put as much Cybernetics as possible into yourself...Call yourself Adam Jensen for good measure, and multiclass into investigator when you have 8 or so levels in fighter.
Just top of my head, people, I assume you will only use PF material

Flickerdart
2016-01-20, 03:00 PM
Wait, what? How have I never heard of this before? More importantly, what book is it from?
They're from Dragon 318. There's a nice post detailing them here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?190350-Fleshwarping-A-List-of-Grafts-Symbionts-and-Related-Goodies&p=10541196#post10541196) but they are basically typical pirate components (hook hands, peg legs, and eye replacements) with a twist.

MisterKaws
2016-01-20, 03:24 PM
Eberron's Renegade Mastermaker's capstone is being considered a Warforged for almost everything, including stuffing yourself up with components and whatever.

illyahr
2016-01-20, 03:25 PM
Half Iron Golem. All the metal shiny bits and you need to make a Will save or lose yourself to the machine!

Florian
2016-01-20, 03:26 PM
Be a Cyber-soldier (Technology Guide Paizo) and put as much Cybernetics as possible into yourself...Call yourself Adam Jensen for good measure, and multiclass into investigator when you have 8 or so levels in fighter.
Just top of my head, people, I assume you will only use PF material

Instead of Investigator, mc into Psychic (Mindtech Disciple) for Attune Implant at 5th and pick up Mind Over Augmentation to cram even more cyber in your weak meat shell.

Edit: @OP - Technology Guide is _the_ source for cyber and tech for Pathfinder and can also be found on the PRD.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-01-20, 03:28 PM
Eberron's Renegade Mastermaker's capstone is being considered a Warforged for almost everything, including stuffing yourself up with components and whatever.
The components come along at level 7, before the capstone. Even better!

An artificer/renegade mastermaker who becomes a necropolitan (or lich, or whatever) at RMM 10 is Type: Undead (living construct), with warforged components available, and even adamantine plating on top of undead flesh.

Manyasone
2016-01-20, 03:33 PM
Instead of Investigator, mc into Psychic (Mindtech Disciple) for Attune Implant at 5th and pick up Mind Over Augmentation to cram even more cyber in your weak meat shell.

Edit: @OP - Technology Guide is _the_ source for cyber and tech for Pathfinder and can also be found on the PRD.

Did not know that, but I think the Occult Adventures Paizo made is...meh...other companies did it better

Florian
2016-01-20, 03:46 PM
Did not know that, but I think the Occult Adventures Paizo made is...meh...other companies did it better

Hm. I must admit that I´m a little bit p***** at Paizo for chopping up the OA and handing the in-depth and really juicy stuff to O-Orgins and O-Realms, like Occultists handling specific Implements or Mediums channeling specific spirits, stuff like that. With both splatts, OA finally feels complete.

For the DSP stuff, I was´t a fan of the old Psi stuff, found it horrible, actually, so a port over to PF left me dead cold.

Bronk
2016-01-20, 10:14 PM
This is a really good handbook for all the grafts from 3.5:

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=12562.0