PDA

View Full Version : What are some of the funnest/cheapest combos in RPGs?

Douche
2016-01-20, 01:53 PM
Just fun little combos, builds, exploits that you can think of in video gaming. RPGs specifically - since they have the mechanics where you feel cool creating those builds - but I guess if you really wanna mention CoD or whatever, I can't stop you :smalltongue:

My favorite was being a worgen druid, between level 10-20, in WoW PVP (specifically, Warsong Gulch, a CTF gametype)

Worgen get a racial active ability that's a pretty huge speed boost, and druids move faster in Cat form (or travel form, which is a cheetah, can't remember) meanwhile no one has mounts yet, and Horde doesn't really have a speed boost to match. Therefore, you can run to the enemy flag and be halfway back before they have even entered your base. If you have 2 worgen druids on your team, everyone else is mostly fighting in the middle battlefield while the 2 druids take turns running the flag, and pretty much end the game within 5 minutes.

This was a while ago, though (back in Cataclysm) haven't played since then, don't know if things have changed.

Tome
2016-01-20, 04:53 PM
Just about any endgame build for Bravely Default. Whether it's a party of Dark Knights geared to absorb dark damage spamming Dark Nebula or tweaking speed values and abusing Stillness, there's a lot of really broken combos possible in that game.

I particularly liked the one where you use... the ability I can't remember that boosts BP (aka actions) generation with Jumps to be able to jump over and over again without the enemy getting a hit in.

Cosi
2016-01-20, 05:20 PM
Mimetic Skin + Squadsight is pretty absurd in XCOM: EW.

Stacking buffs onto the pistol in Deus Ex is pretty good, but probably still not as good as just sneaking around.

One of the old Elder Scrolls games has straight infinite power loops in it.

There are a bunch of AI exploits that are fun. For example, the strategic level AI in Sword of the Stars can't deal with anything beyond basic tactics, so setting up a trade network makes you instantly win. It's similar in a lot of 4X/turn based strategy games.

Rodin
2016-01-20, 05:25 PM
Vanish/Doom from FF6 remains my favorite. Kill virtually any boss in the game with one combo.

Sith_Happens
2016-01-20, 06:45 PM
1. Play Dragon Age: Origins.
2. Have a dual-wield rogue in the party.
3. Give them six paralysis runes.
4. Stunlock the ancient dragon.

GloatingSwine
2016-01-20, 07:27 PM
1. Play Dragon Age: Origins.
2. Have a dual-wield rogue in the party.
3. Give them six paralysis runes.
4. Stunlock the ancient dragon.

Don't forget the assassin skill that makes every attack on a helpless opponent a backstab.

Also give one of your mages mass paralysis.

Congratulations you have now won the game.

Starwulf
2016-01-20, 10:34 PM
Well, a friend of mine downloaded me Divinity Original Sin(EE) recently, and as of today I have the Invisibility spell, and my god is it broken. I can steal anything and everything from anyone, right in front of them(I mean, seriously, it's kinda silly. If I saw a painting being taken off the wall and there was no-one in sight, I'd immediately think either Ghost or someone learned to be invisible). Because of that I finally have tons of coin, which is great considering how expensive the better arrows are! It'll also make it easier to set-up ambushes on enemies now, which is wonderful.