PDA

View Full Version : I am Jack's cinema inspired Feats (100 strong and counting. Add yours!)

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 01:13 PM
EDIT: The spot for movie related feats. Please add your own, or check up on them as expertly organized by Neek on his Wiki (http://wiki.penguindeskjob.com/index.php?title=I_am_Jack%27s_cinema_inspired_Feat s&rcid=4351) Note half of page three and all of page four are not yet added. They will be. Don't let that stop you from adding more or from looking through the later pages.

Some Justification: Though originally something of a goof, and still fairly tongue in cheek, the idea behind this thread appeals to me more and more. Heroes should be heroes because of their abilities, not just because they happened to roll unreasonably well. Feats like these don't just allow you to attempt a heroic feat, they confer upon you the inherent capacity to be a hero.

A bit of organization(Now by film), each of these is in a post below(and again, see the Neek's Wiki (http://wiki.penguindeskjob.com/index.php?title=I_am_Jack%27s_cinema_inspired_Feat s&rcid=4351)):

Fight Club
{table]Feat|Description
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise|sacrifice wisdom to gain a partial action in a surprise round
Splicing Single Frames|Cause overly observent opponents to become Shaken
Figment|gain the benefits of a skilled imaginary friend
*Look How you want to Look|temporarily improve attributes
*Fight How you want to Fight|use your imaginary friend to attack
*get some gauze|reroll a roll that would have killed you
**roll how you want to roll|double your chances to succeed on a roll
I felt like destroying something beautiful|deal CHA damage to a helpless foe
Smirking Revenge|Deal damage to yourself to upset an opponent
Someday you're gonna die|Focus your mind in order to transcend physical pain
flashback humor|reroll certain opposed skill checks
You don't know where|Nauseate, or worse, against an opponent in a grapple
I haven't been *****|disturb an opponent with shocking statements
Snowflake|gain the benefits of recognizing your place in the world
*His Name Is|Gain bard like effects from your connection to others in your organization
**I am Tyler Durden|Gain additional combat benefits from the support of other members of your organization
[/table]

Big Trouble in Little China
{table]Feat|Description
It's all in the reflexes|return a reflected attack
Slice the Bottle|bypass an object's hardness with a focused strike
[/table]

Evil Dead
{table]Feat|Description
Listen up you primitive Screw heads|rebuke certain humanoids as though they were undead
Groovy|Loose a hand, gain a weapon
*Come Get Some|Suprise outsiders with ease
*Its a trap, get an axe|resist the trickery of outsiders
*Hail to the King, Baby|Come to the aid of an ally during a surprise round
*Your shoes untied|Bluff to gain time for escape
*You're only leading two things right now: jack and ****|gain the benefits of leadership when in desperate situations
**I'm the Guy with the Gun|Frenzy against outsiders
This is my boomstick|gain followers by flaunting an exotic weapon
Having said the three words|gain a bonus to Blind activations at cost
[/table]

The Princess Bride
{table]Feat|Description
I know something you do not|Feign weakness to gain an advantage in combat
Drop Your Sword|Use trickery to disarm an opponent
Man In Black|a series of manuevers granting combat benefits
Mostly Dead|Gain an additional hit points below 0, but become harder to ressurect.
You Killed my father, prepare to die|Gain bonuses for going into the revenge business
I want my father back you son of a *****|turn intimidation into damage three times per day.
Anybody want a peanut|gain a second chance to save against fear effects
Socrates?Plato?Aristotle? Morons|Use your intelligence Modifier for escape artist, intimidate, and bluff

[/table]

Die Hard
{table]Feat|Description
Shoot the Glass|use your environment to impede movement
Yippy Kai Yay|Gain bonuses when facing enemies alone
Next time you get a chance to kill someone|Gain a bonus against an opponent that forgoes an attack.
[/table]

Star Wars
{table]Feat|Description
Never tell me the odds|Gain a bonus in spite of your allies, especially against long odds.
Shot First|Do extra damage when you begin combat.
I find your lack of faith disturbing|Shake a persons confidence through force of personality.
I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit|use an opponent's own bluff skills against them.
Do not want|Attempt to bridge the language gap, but be wary, as hilarity may ensue.
[/table]

Fifth Element
{table]Feat|Description
Negative, I am a meat popsicle|Once per day avoid magical interrogation or detection of alignment
Good thing for me it's not loaded|use your bluff skill to disarm an opponent that has the drop on you.
They really made her...|your charisma protects you from attacks when you are unaware.
[/table]

Indiana Jones
{table]Feat|Description
They named you after the Dog?|Gain an advanatage over an opponent who is overly flashy in combat.
[/table]

Pirates of the Carribean
{table]Feat|Description
The day you almost caught...| Take advantage of superior tumble, bluff and escape artists skills when retreating.
Disinclined to Acquiesce to your request|Your tongue is quick enough to partially negate even magical compulsion
[/table]

The Matrix
{table]Feat|Description
There is no Spoon|gain access to non-magical telekenisis [psionic]
You're faster than this|gain an insight bonus to dexterity as you attack
[/table]

Serenity/firefly
{table]Feat|Description
Fanty's Prettier|triple the bonuses gained from familiarity when countering disguise, plus other effects.
But Pain is Scary|Use Str in place of Cha for intimidate checks
[/table]

Monty Python
{table]Feat|Description
An African or a European Swallow?|Use knowledge to turn an effect back on its originator.
It's only a flesh wound|ignore penalties from lost limbs
[/table]

Willy Wonka
{table]Feat|Description
Strike that. Reverse it|occasionally bumble a spell with a verbal component, but gain the ability to fix that error
The Candyman Can|replace material components with choclate, gain a benefit on harmless spells.
Doompaty-Doo|your followers are able to fascinate observers
[/table]

The Usual Suspects
{table]Feat|Description
How do you shoot the devil in the back?|intimidate those that would attempt to strike you dishonorably.
The Greatest Trick|naturally disguise yourself from others.
[/table]

Ghostbusters
{table]Feat|Description
If Sombody asks you if you're a god|gain a bonus against powerful foes.
[/table]

Shaun of the dead
{table]Feat|Description
What's Wrong, Never taken a short cut before?|"Leap" barriers great effect.
The Winchester|Find a weapon on short notice in certain environments.
It's a Running Buffet|You can make yourself particularly attractive to the pallets of the undead
[/table]

Lord of the rings
{table]Feat|Description
Don't tell the Elf|Hurl an ally into combat
Speak Friend|Give someone a chance to reroll an int based check they normally could not.
Fool of a TooK|Provide a bonus to unwise allies
Your love of the Halfling's Leaf|Leave Drug addled opponents shaken
[/table]

Sin City
{table]Feat|Description
The All or Nothing Days|Sheer toughness allows you to resist death, but such resileince comes at a steep cost
[/table]

Pulp Fiction
{table]Feat|Description
Do they speak engligh in what?|double your chances of a successful intimidate
English MF do you speak it?|Use an intimidate check to stun an opponent
That's Thirty Minutes Away|gain bonuses to overland movement
[/table]

Bill & Ted
{table]Feat|Description
Air Guitar|transform simplicity into a sublime effect
[/table]

Movies currently referenced:Fight Club, Big Trouble in Little China, the 5th Element, Die Hard, Star wars, the Evil Dead series, The Princess Bride, the Matrix, Pirates of the Carribean, Serenity, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory, The Usual Suspects, Ghostbusters, Shaun of the Dead, Lord of the Rings, Sin City, Bill & Ted, Pulp Fiction

Figment

Req: Level 5+; This feat can only be taken when gaining a level in a new class. Taking this feat makes it impossible to take additional levels in the previous class.

You are constantly in the company of a person who represents everything you wish you could be. At least, you think you are. In fact this person is just a fragment of your own personality that has been given a life of it's own.

Create a new skill list as though you were a character of your ECL all in the new class you've taken with a base INT and CHA scores of 18 (plus or minus any racial bonuses). twice per day per level you may make a skill check using the skills from this skill list rather than your normal skill list. Regardless of the class, this skill list always includes Bluff, Intimidate and Diplomacy as class skills.

Each time you gain a level in a new class, increase both lists.

Look how you want to look
Req: Figment

Once per day for 1 round per five levels your attributes are treated as though natural 18s (racial and other bonuses are then applied). This requires a standard action to activate and begins on your next round

Fight how you want to Fight

Once per day per five levels you may make an attack roll as a character with a natural 18 strength score (racial and other bonuses are then applied). BAB for this attack roll is equal to that of a character of your ECL who had taken all their levels in the class you took when you gained figment.

Roll how you want to roll
Req: Figment. You must also have fight how you want to fight and/or look how you want to look

once per day per 5 levels you may choose to make two simultaneus rolls rather than one. After rolling you may than choose which of these rolls applies.

I felt like destroying something Beautiful
Req: improved unarmed strike

Against a helpless opponent you may choose to do 1d3 temporary CHA damage in lieu of a normal damage. If used while raging this damage is maximized.

Smirking Revenge
Req: Level 5+

As a standard action you may choose to make an attack against yourself. One target of your choosing that sees this take place must make a Will save of DC 15 + damage dealt or be Panicked for one round. Subdual damage allows the ability to be triggered, but is not added to the save DC.

Rather than causing panic, this abilty may also be used to add a circumstance bonus to a Bluff or intimidate check made against the target. In that case, if the Will save is failed you may immediatly make a bluff or intimidate check with an additional bonus equal to the amount by which the save DC was increased.

Fax Celestis
2007-06-14, 01:24 PM
Fight Club wins. That is all.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 01:40 PM
Boredom + headful of movie references = strange posts.

Trying to restrain myself from making a set of these for every movie I like, if you see a thread called "it's all in the reflexes" just run.... Now that I mention it...

It's all in the reflexes
Req: Bluff +2

Anytime an attack you make is redirected or reflected back at you (e.g. an opponent with snatch arrow throwing a missile weapon) You may make a reflex save against a DC equal to 10 + opponent's attack bonus. If you succeed you redirect the reflected attack against them oncemore. This attack is always considered a critical strike and bypasses damage reduction as though an epic weapon.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 01:51 PM
Slice the Bottle
Req: BAB +4, Love of your life not arriving from a foreign land that day

You may bypass the hardness of an object when attempting to strike it. The object must be unattended and you must spend 3 full round actions to strike it, the first two are spent focusing and the third is spent on the strike.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 02:00 PM
Groovy
Req: Level 10, To take this feat you must have lost at least one negative level to level drain from an evil outsider or undead, Taking this feat required 4 hours to gain the effect.

take a permanent -4 to Dex and lose the ability to attack with either your main or off hand and choose a one handed weapon you posess. Whichever hand you chose to lose is now always considered to be wielding the selected weapon. That weapon can not be disarmed or sundered. You gain +2 to all attack rolls with that weapon and it always does a maximum amount of damage to undead or outsiders.

Morgan_Scott82
"I haven't been F***ed like that since grade school"
You know what to say to really shock people, to put them off their guard
Benefit: Once per day at the start of a combat you may make a diplomacy check opposed to a level check by the target, if you succeed the opponent suffers a -4 penalty to initiative and is dazed for one round.

Ok with that out of my system, I wouldn't ever use, or let one of my players use these in actual play, they're good fun from a great flick.

Fax Celestis
I hereby request a "This Is My Boomstick" feat.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 02:12 PM
Ok with that out of my system, I wouldn't ever use, or let one of my players use these in actual play, they're good fun from a great flick.

No? I think a couple of them are balanced, at least somewhat, or could be. Good feat by the way.

Hmmmm..... Ask and ye shall recieve

This is my Boomstick

Req: Exotic Weapon profficiency (any ranged), groovy, CHA 17+

Once per week you may make a particularly flashy attack with an exotic ranged weapon in which you have proficiency. Any intelligent creatures with less than three HD that witness this attack are treated as followers for one day per level. Any creature with more than 3HD is immediatly considered intimidated, and must make a will save at a DC equal to your attack roll. If they fail then, for one day per level, you gain +20 on any intimidate checks made against them.

If the exotic weapon involves an explosive element, any creature up to 4hd is made a follower and the DC of the Will save for other creatures is increased by 10.

Once a person has been a target of this feat they are immune to any future attempts to use it against them, assuming it is based on the same weapon.

Okay, maybe that one's a little unbalanced.

SurlySeraph
2007-06-14, 02:13 PM
Please stat out Robert Paulson. Please stat out Robert Paulson. Please stat out Robert Paulson.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 02:14 PM
Please stat out Robert Paulson. Please stat out Robert Paulson. Please stat out Robert Paulson.

lol.

Only if you do the same for Lo Pan.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 02:29 PM
back to fight club

Get Some Gauze

If you fail a save which would cause your death you may choose to be treated as having passed that save. Doing so causes you to lose access to the figment feat and all feats that depend on it.

or, if you want to base it more on the book, lose access to it for one year.

Flashback Humor

Once per week you may reroll any check you make against an opponent's Diplomacy, intimidate, bluff, or sense motive roll. You must accept the result of the second roll, even if it is lower.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 04:18 PM
having said the three words

When attempting a blind activation attempt as part of a use magical item check you gain a +10 on the role. Even if you succeed, unless the margin of success i more than +10 the item is treated as having misfired, but the misfire does not take effect for ten rounds. If the item has any automatic cost or penalty for using without a password, then even a success by more than ten triggers that effect, though the onset is also delayed by ten rounds.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 05:14 PM
You don't know where I've been, Lou

When engaged in a grapple with an opponent, the opponent must make a Will save each round with a DC equal to 10 + the amount of damage you have taken that round. Each time they fail this save there is a different effect.

{table]# of failures|Effect
0|no effect
1|Opponent becomes nauseated. This effect lasts for 1d6+1 rounds.
2|Opponent becomes shaken. This effect lasts the remainder the grapple.
3|Opponent becomes frightened. This effect lasts 1d4+1 rounds but does not begin until after the grapple is broken.
5|Opponent becomes panicked. This effect lasts 1d2+1 rounds but does not begin until after the grapple is broken.
[/table]

If the opponent succeeds on this save two rounds in a row they're number of failures is reset to 0. This ability can not be used while at full HP. If you are suffering from a bleed effect, or any effect doing continus damage, increase the DC for the will save by +5

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 05:44 PM
I know something you do not
Req: Weapon Focus (melee), Dex +11, quick draw

Choose a one handed melee weapon with which you have weapon focus. Once per day you may choose to take a penalty to both AC and melee attack rolls up to a max of your dex modifier with that weapon. As a free action you may reverse this penalty, gaining a bonus to melee attack rolls and AC equal to the previous penalty. The bonuses last for one round for each round spent subject to the penalties in which an attack was made. If you spend more than 5 rounds under the penalties the weapon is treated as though keen during the period it recieves the bonus.

This penalty can only be activated during the first round of combat. The penalties apply to any attacks, but the bonuses may apply only to one target which you must select at the start of combat and who you must attack at least once before removing the penalties.

Example Cary is suddenly jumped by several bandits along the road. Drawing his rapier, he chooses to take -3 to attack and AC, out of a possible 4 from his dex modifier. He selects Mandy, the leader, as the target of this effect. For the next three rounds, Cary suffers the penalties, and on the third round manages to attack Mandy. at the end of that roun, he announces the penalties over. At the start of the next round, Cary switches his sword style and pacing, throwing Mandy off guard and providing Cary with +3 to attack and AC against Mandy.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 06:01 PM
Drop your Sword
Req: Intimidate +5 ranks; Bluff +5 ranks

When weakened you may take a series of actions designed to intimidate, rather than harm, your opponent.

Using drop your sword requires three rounds. On the first round you must succeed on a successful feint against your opponent and not attack them. On the second round you must make a successful intimidate check against the opponent. On the third and last round you must, as a full round action, make a normal attack roll against your opponent's touch AC. If this attack succeeds it deals no damage. Instead the opponent is considered panicked for two rounds.

During these three rounds you may take no actions other than those required for the use of this feat. taking any other action causes the feat to fail. This feat may only be attempted once per day.

Neek
2007-06-14, 06:38 PM
Come get some.
Req: Groovy, Improved Initiative
Benefit: You receive a surprise round before initiative is rolled, even if circumstance would normally deny you a surprise round, when fighting an Evil Outsider. You also cannot be flanked by Evil Outsiders.

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
Req: Groovy, This is my Boomstick
Benefit: 1/encounter, when you are facing an Evil Outsider, you may enter a frenzy where you receive a +1 to all ranged attack rolls and all reloads are considered to be swift actions. This lasts for a number of turns equal to your Charisma modifier.

It's a trap. Get an axe.
Req: Groovy
Benefit: You cannot be bluffed, intimidated, or be the subject of any Mind-controlling spell or ability by an Evil Outsider that has the same HD or fewer than you. If the Evil Outsider has greater HD than you, it suffers a -2 to on all its Bluff or Intimidate rolls, and you receive a +2 bonus to saving throws versus Mind-controlling spells or abilities.

Your shoe's untied.
Req: Bluff 8 ranks, Groovy
Benefit: Once encounter as a free action, you can make a bluff check in order to create a diversion and catch off-guard an opponent that has as many HD as you. If you succeed in the roll, the opponent is caught flat-footed against your next melee attack.
Normal: Diversions are normally used to help you hide, not for denying AC bonuses to opponents.
Special: If the opponent has this feat, it will not work.

You are not a beautiful snowflake (Optionally, Spacemonkey)
Req: BAB +1, having a shaved head, accepted in anarchist commune such as Project Mayhem.
Benefit: You receive a permanent -2 to Charisma, but for the purposes of Will saves, any Craft (Demolitions), Disable Device, or Knowledge check, you receive a +2 morale bonus as if you were receiving the benefit of Help Another, even if no one else is helping you.
Normal: You cannot normally help another in saving throws, and the helping characters normally have to help to in order to confer a bonus.
Special: If you are not part of a commune, the only surviving member, or kicked out out of the commune, this feat no longer confers a bonus, and your Charisma modifier returns to normal.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 06:42 PM
Fantastic Neek. Truly fantastic. I particularly like snowflake, was trying to think of one for that line all day.

EDIT: In fact, gives me a good idea-

Kyace
2007-06-14, 06:49 PM
I know something you do not
Req: Weapon Focus (melee), Dex +11, quick draw

Choose a weapon with which you have weapon focus. Once per day you may choose to take a penalty to both AC and melee attack rolls up to a max of your dex modifier with that weapon. As a free action you may reverse this penalty, gaining a bonus to melee attack rolls and AC equal to the previous penalty. The bonuses last for one round for each round spent subject to the penalties. If you spend more than 5 rounds under the penalties the weapon is treated as though keen during the period it recieves the bonus.

This penalty can only be activated during the first round of combat. The penalties apply to any attacks, but the bonuses only apply to targets you have attacked while under the effect of the penalty.
To be fair, it would make more sense if the weapon is a one handed weapon. Also, you might require the more than 5 rounds in combat under the penalties or even five attacks with the weapon within the last minute or so under the penalties then the bonus granted to the next 5 attacks. Otherwise one could keep the weapon in the left hand for hours walking along, then when a fight starts, switch hands at no real cost.

You might consider making the combat feats in the style of tactical feats, you gain 3 maneuvers that are too situational for their own feat but give the player a few more options in a fight. You could try making 3 maneuvers that fit a movie and make that a single tactical feat.

An example Tactical feat might be
Man in Black
Prerequisite: Weapon Finesse, Base Attack Bonus +6,
Benefit: You may use the following 3 tactical maneuvers:
* Beat Steel with Steel– You may take a penalty of up to your BAB on a melee attack with a weapon with which Weapon Fineese applies against an armed foe who threatens your square. If your attack deals damage, you may apply the same number as your penalty to the damage rolls for future attacks against that foe with the same weapon for the next three rounds. This damage stacks with itself.
* Beat Strength with Strength – If your foe starts a grapple with you, you may either ignore both your and your foe's size modifiers or use your dexterity in place of strength for grapple checks.
* Beat Brains with Brains – You may use either intelligence or wisdom in place of charisma in bluff checks.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 06:56 PM
His name is...
Req: Spacemonkey

When meeting someone new you may repeat a mundane phrase which instantly establishes a bond. You are immediatly considered friendly by another person with this feat. Additionally, this ability can be used to duplicate the effect of certain bardic music effect. Repeating this chant can be used in place of countersong, inspire courage or inspire competance. The effect only impacts others with this face. The effective bard level and bonus to the "perform" check is equal to the number of chanters

I am Tyler Durden
Req: His name is, Figment

When a group is using His name is... a player with this feat may be selected as the target of an inspire greatness or inspire heroics effect, as the bardic music effect. The number of chanters must be at least equal to the required level of bard normally required to use this ability. Individual chanters must be aware of the target, voluntarily support them, and can target only one person with the feat at a time.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 07:03 PM
To be fair, it would make more sense if the weapon is a one handed weapon...

An example Tactical feat might be
Man in Black
Prerequisite: Weapon Finesse, Base Attack Bonus +6,
Benefit: You may use the following 3 tactical maneuvers:
* Beat Steel with Steel– You may take a penalty of up to your BAB on a melee attack with a weapon with which Weapon Fineese applies against an armed foe who threatens your square. If your attack deals damage, you may apply the same number as your penalty to the damage rolls for future attacks against that foe with the same weapon for the next three rounds. This damage stacks with itself.
* Beat Strength with Strength – If your foe starts a grapple with you, you may either ignore both your and your foe's size modifiers or use your dexterity in place of strength for grapple checks.
* Beat Brains with Brains – You may use either intelligence or wisdom in place of charisma in bluff checks.

Made some of the changes you suggested. I like your take on it, but I think mine emphasizes a slightly different aspect of the tactic. I'm not very familiar with the manuevers/tactical feats concept, but it is intriguing. I like yours very much, particularly strength with strength.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 07:46 PM
added a nifty chart

Morgan_Scott82
2007-06-14, 07:49 PM
"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"
Benefit: You may take 1d3 wisdom damage to take a partial action in the surprise round, of any encounter.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 08:03 PM
"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"
Benefit: You may take 1d3 wisdom damage to take a partial action in the surprise round, of any encounter.

Nice. let me raise you:

Someday, you're gonna die
Req: Fort 15+

Once per round as a move action you may make a concentration check to ignore up to 10 damage from one source and gain damage reduction 1/- in the next round. The DC for this check is equal to 20plus the amount of damage you take that round from all sources. If you fail that check you are considered shaken on your next round.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 09:03 PM
Mostly Dead

In order to be killed you must be brought to negative 20, rather than negative 10. Any feats that allow you to keep fighting after falling below 0 hit points only apply up to -9. Once you drop to -10 or below you appear dead to all observers and are treated as though your strength and Dex scores were at zero. It requires a DC 30 heal check to notice that you are alive. once you drop below -9 your system function drop so low that you automatically stabilize. However, for as long as you are below -9 you continue to lose one HP per day until you reach -20 and die.

Since you are not dead you can not be ressurrected or animated as an undead creature. If any of those spells are cast on you they fizzle and the caster may make a DC 25 spell craft check to notice that you are still alive. Similarly, any healer familiar with this condition may make a DC 25 heal check to duplicate the spell Speak with dead once per day, though limited to a two word answer to a single question.

Because of your additional survivability, actual death is more difficult to reverse. You are immune to raise dead and even resurrection, true resurrection, wish, and miracle spells only succeed with some difficulty. To resurrect you the caster must succeed at a caster level check with a DC equal to 10 + your character level. If casting resurrection the DC is increased by 5.

Kyace
2007-06-14, 09:13 PM
Because of your additional survivability, actual death is more difficult to reverse. You are immune to raise dead and can only be raised by a resurrection, true resurrection, wish, or miracle spell cast by a character with a higher ECL than your own.
You may wish to reconsider this. Imagine you are a level 20 fighter, this would mean that only an epic spellcaster could raise you. Maybe make it a caster level check (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/castingSpells.htm#casterLevelChecks) against your level+10. That way someone your level would have a fifty-fifty chance to raise you and the chance would increase if they were higher and decrease if they were lower.

Poppatomus
2007-06-14, 09:31 PM
Thanks again Kyace, changes made.

Neek
2007-06-15, 04:12 PM
If you don't mind, I took the liberty of saving these feats on my wiki (http://wiki.penguindeskjob.com/index.php?title=I_am_Jack%27s_cinema_inspired_Feat s&rcid=4351). I can remove if you like, I just felt that storing it someone place else might make it better for archiving.

Poppatomus
2007-06-15, 04:13 PM
Good idea Neek, much appreciated in fact. If you don't mind, i'll add a link to that into the first post.

Poppatomus
2007-06-15, 06:54 PM
Yippy Kai Yay
Req: Quick Draw

If you do not have an ally within 500 ft. you gain may choose to gain a +2 bonus to initiative, hide, move silently, bluff, intimidate, escape artist, tumble and gather information. Additionally, if also involved in combat with more than one opponent you gain a +2 circumstance bonus to attack and damage. Any creature willing to aid you that has at least half as many hit dice as you counts as an ally. These bonuses only last for five rounds per day, but you may choose to which rounds they apply.

Shoot the Glass
Req: Multi-shot or Sunder

You are able to destroy objects in order to impede movement. Any time you destroy an object of small size or larger you may choose to do so in such a way that that its shards fill the square it occupies. That square is treated as though it had caltrops (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm) distributed therein.

Poppatomus
2007-06-15, 07:28 PM
shot first
Req: Combat Reflexes, Bluff +5 or Diplomacy +5

At the end of an unsuccessful bluff or diplomacy check you may choose to make an attack as a free action. Treat this as a surprise round, except that you may only use it to make an attack against the target of the failed check. If the attack is successful it automatically threatens a critical strike. This feat can only be used against a target within 15 ft. and can only be used before combat begins. The use of this feat always provokes an attack of opportunity.

Never tell me the odds

Once per day, you gain the benefits of aid another even if the roll made to aid you is unsuccessful. Additionally, as long as you have allies present, you gain a +1 on any save or skill check against a DC 21 or higher. This bonus stacks with bonuses gained from aid another checks.

Neek
2007-06-15, 08:03 PM
Damn. Beat me to Yippi Ki Yay :(

Shot First is a nice feat, though.

You're only leading two things right now: Jack and Sh*t
...and Jack just left town.
Prerequisites: Groovy, Charisma 13+
Benefit: In times of desperate need, you are able to band together a group together. Once per month for the duration of two days, you are considered to have the Leadership feat, whether you qualify for it not. Furthermore, if you are working in a group that has a member who has Leadership, you may add half his character level to your own in determining followers and cohorts, but only one such leader may confer his character level in this manner. Any follower for these two days has a +1 morale bonus to all Saves, Skills, and Attack rolls.

Negative, I am a meat Popsicle.
Prerequisites: Bluff 8 ranks.
Benefit: 1/day, you can avoid any form of magical detection, such as Detect Good, &c. This effect lasts for one minute, and is considered to be a supernatural effect.

Poppatomus
2007-06-15, 08:09 PM
5th Element? Excellent. The floodgates are now (even more) open. Suddenly I feel like making a template.

Good Thing for me it's not loaded
Req: improved disarm

If caught flatfooted you may choose to make a bluff check as your first action. If you succeed, you may immediatly attempt to disarm the target of the bluff check. You gain a bonus to the disarm attempt equal to 8 + the amount by which you succeeded on the bluff check (max 16). In order to use this feat you must not be wielding a weapon at the time. If successful you are immediatly considered to be wielding the disarmed weapon.

Brother_Franklin
2007-06-15, 08:10 PM
Splicing Single Frames
Pre-reqs: "I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"
Anyone who makes a spot check of 25+ at the begining of any encounter you are involved in becomes Shaken for one round.

Works double on little girls in movie theaters.

Poppatomus
2007-06-15, 08:13 PM
Splicing Single Frames
Pre-reqs: "I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"
Anyone who makes a spot check of 25+ at the begining of any encounter you are involved in becomes Shaken for one round.

Works double on little girls in movie theaters.

lol. Intersting. It might make more sense as a flat bonus against an opponent with X ranks in spot, but I like it.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it might work better as a metamagic feat. Anyone that views a visual illusion you cast must make a spot check at DC 10. If they succeed on this check they are considered shaken. Prepare this spell as though two levels higher.

Poppatomus
2007-06-15, 08:27 PM
They Really Made Her...
Req: Cha 19+

When wearing light or no armor anyone attempting to attack you while you are flatfooted and unaware of combat must make a will save equal to 17 + you charisma modifier or be fascinated for one round.

Poppatomus
2007-06-15, 08:49 PM
Hail to the King, Baby
Req: Groovy, Cha 15+, quick draw
shop Smart

If any ally within 60 ft is the target of an attack or other harmful action during a surprise round you become aware of the attacker and may immediatly act as though it was your turn in the initiative. You must attack or otherwise engage the original attacker during this extra round. This feat may only be used once per day.

Poppatomus
2007-06-15, 10:17 PM
They Named you After the Dog
Req: Combat Expertise, quick draw, BAB +10

You may interrupt a flashy action made by an opponent. Once per day when in combat, if an opponent has not yet moved and spends a standard action or longer doing something other than attacking you you may make a special attack of opportunity. The weapon used in this attack, whether ranged or melee, is treated as though a Slaying attack against a creature of that type. The DC to resist this slaying effect is equal to 20 + your charisma modifier. A successful save still results in the creature taking an addition 1d6 damage for every point of charisma bonus you posess.

This feat can only be used if you have not yet taken a combat action.

Poppatomus
2007-06-15, 11:58 PM
Next time you get a chance to Kill someone
Req: Combat Expertise, mobility,

If you take an action that provokes an attack of opportunity and your opponent does not take that attack of opportunity, you may immediatly make your own attack of opportunity. If you are subject to an involuntary penalty to the attack roll you may add an amount equal to the penalty to the damage roll from this attack. This feat can not be used to provide attacks of opportunity in excess of the amount normally allowed per you in a single round and it can only be used against one target per action you take.

Wolfman42666
2007-06-16, 12:06 AM
this is a fansinatin' thread really is, and while i don't know what book you are reffering to some posts back, surley some of jack feats require his effects, or his effects give him a bonus, i mean exotic weopon feat: its a pistol with a single shot, and you can't tell me cursed gold, and a magical compus that appears to everyone who doesn't know what it is as "a compus that doesn't point north" and what about JACK'S HAT, just a suggestion:smallamused:

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 12:19 AM
this is a fansinatin' thread really is, and while i don't know what book you are reffering to some posts back, surley some of jack feats require his effects, or his effects give him a bonus, i mean exotic weopon feat: its a pistol with a single shot, and you can't tell me cursed gold, and a magical compus that appears to everyone who doesn't know what it is as "a compus that doesn't point north" and what about JACK'S HAT, just a suggestion:smallamused:

First, glad you like the thread. Second, there's a bit of confusion, the "jack reference" at the start is not to pirates of the Carribean, but to Fight Club. (if you're interested, someone made a Pirate lord prestige class a ways back, It's probably on page two or three by now. Title is something like "the breathern call")

If you'd like to propose some pirates related feats we'd be happy to have them. Perhaps something like:

The day you almost caught...
Req: Dex 15+, tumble +5, escape artist +5, Bluff +5,

Once per day you may combine your ranks in any one of the abilities required for this feat when making a check of any of these feats. This ability can only be used to retreat, and on the round in which this check is made you are only allowed to make move actions, other than this particular check, as though withdrawing.

This feat may also be used to allow you roll a either a tumble, escape artist, or bluff check in place of a reflex save once per day. This usage of this ability can only be used if you are subject to an effect that would require a REF save while withdrawing. The two different uses of this ability can never be combined on the same check.

ZeroNumerous
2007-06-16, 12:22 AM
Stuff

I Find Your Lack Of Faith.. Disturbing
Prereqs: Cleric Level 8th, Intimidate 4 ranks.

Once per encounter you may bring someone's faith into question. You immediately make an intimidate check opposed by the enemy's level check. Should you beat their level check, they spend their next round in quiet fear and contemplation and take no actions. If the succeed on their level check, they become immune to the use of this feat for 24 hours.

I just thought this was funny.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 12:26 AM
I Find Your Lack Of Faith.. Disturbing
Prereqs: Cleric Level 8th, Intimidate 4 ranks.

Once per encounter you may bring someone's faith into question. You immediately make an intimidate check opposed by the enemy's level check. Should you beat their level check, they spend their next round in quiet fear and contemplation and take no actions. If the succeed on their level check, they become immune to the use of this feat for 24 hours.

I just thought this was funny.

I like it, been trying to think of a good star wars one all day. Not sure limiting it to cleric is necessary, but it does make more sense in the D&D universe. (though ability to cast divine spells or psionics might be a better marriage fo the two) On the list it goes.

Crystall_Myr
2007-06-16, 12:34 AM
There is No Spoon [Psionic]

You may, any number of times per day as a swift action, gain 5 pound telekinesis, as per the spell Mage Hand. This is a psionic ability, and is not affected by antimagic fields unless you are using the magic/psionics transparency rule.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 12:40 AM
There is No Spoon [Psionic]

You may, any number of times per day as a swift action, gain 5 pound telekinesis, as per the spell Mage Hand. This is a psionic ability, and is not affected by antimagic fields unless you are using the magic/psionics transparency rule.

Nice. added. Feels like it should have a wisdom requirement though. Also, let me add

You're faster than this
Req: improved unarmed fighting, Weapon finesse.

Once per day when unarmed or wielding a light weapon you may choose a target you have engaged in melee combat within the last round. In the next round you gain a +1 insight bonus to dexterity as long as you attempt a melee attack against the selected target. For every consecutive round in which you make a melee attack attempt against that target, the insight bonus to Dexterity increases by an additional +1. These bonuses last until the end of the first round in which you do not attempt a melee attack against the selected target.

Gralamin
2007-06-16, 12:42 AM
Wow. These are excellent. I especially like the Army of Darkness ones.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 01:06 AM
Glad You like them Gralamin, I'm particularly fond of Neek's "I haven't been ****** like that" myself. If you have any of your own, or just ideas for them, feel free to add them.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 01:27 AM
Another pirates feat:

Disinclined to Acquiesce to your request
Req: Chaotic, Sense motive +10, Int +13 or Cha +15

You are skilled at using leaglistic acrobatics to subvert the will of others. Anytime you are the target of a mind controlling or affecting spell or effect that requires explicit verbal or telepathic commands to function you may choose to make an opposed attribute check against the caster in place of the normal will save. If you succeed in the check, the spell fizzles. If the caster is lawful, they take a -5 penalty to the opposed check.

Furthermore, until you are physically unable to speak or the caster of the spell succeeds in explicitly ordering you to remain quiet, you may force this opposed check to be rerolled each time a new command is issued. Success on one of these later checks causes the spell to be broken immediatly.

You may roll an opposed CHA check or an opposed INT check at your choice.

Wolfman42666
2007-06-16, 01:33 AM
wow, i made a fool of myself didn't i,

and while i would contribute, i don't know enough about roll and saves, still i wonder what cursed pirate medalon is worth, hmm anyone know the basic stats req, lvl and all that for a phylcatery?

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 01:39 AM
wow, i made a fool of myself didn't i,

and while i would contribute, i don't know enough about roll and saves, still i wonder what cursed pirate medalon is worth, hmm anyone know the basic stats req, lvl and all that for a phylcatery?

Don't worry about it. according to www.d20srd.com the answer to your question is:

The Lich’s Phylactery
An integral part of becoming a lich is creating a magic phylactery in which the character stores its life force. As a rule, the only way to get rid of a lich for sure is to destroy its phylactery. Unless its phylactery is located and destroyed, a lich reappears 1d10 days after its apparent death.

Each lich must make its own phylactery, which requires the Craft Wondrous Item feat. The character must be able to cast spells and have a caster level of 11th or higher. The phylactery costs 120,000 gp and 4,800 XP to create and has a caster level equal to that of its creator at the time of creation.

The most common form of phylactery is a sealed metal box containing strips of parchment on which magical phrases have been transcribed. The box is Tiny and has 40 hit points, hardness 20, and a break DC of 40.

Other forms of phylacteries can exist, such as rings, amulets, or similar items.

Like i said though, someone recently made a whole presitge class based on the pirate lords, if you can find it it would probably has a lot of what you're looking for.

Wolfman42666
2007-06-16, 01:43 AM
sorry, again i looked all the way back to page 5 and didn't find it, i only said anything because i thought this was about captain sparrow. *shrugs*

talse
2007-06-16, 08:25 AM
try the search function near the top for "pirate lord" it pops up real fast.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 09:12 AM
Fanty's Prettier
Req: Wisdom 15+; spot +5

All familiarity bonuses to spot checks used to counter the disguise skill are tripled. When dealing with familiar people or objects you may even make a spot check to distinguish them when it would normally require true seeing or other magical means to do so. The DC for this check is equal to 25+the spell level of any magical effects that may be invloved. This check can also be used to distinguish an illusion, in addition to a will save if any, as long as the illusion is of a specific item or person with which you are familiar.

Neek
2007-06-16, 09:37 AM
Glad You like them Gralamin, I'm particularly fond of Neek's "I haven't been ****** like that" myself. If you have any of your own, or just ideas for them, feel free to add them.

That one isn't actually mine, it was Morgan_Scott's.

You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Prerequisites: BAB +4, Weapon Finesse (Rapier), a close family member must have been killed by someone you know, any Good alignment.
Benefit: Your desire for revenge has manifested itself as a reason for existence. You receive a +1 to all Saves, skill checks, attack roles, and AC when combating the murderer. You may also re-roll any one saving throw, once per day, if the murderer has caused the reason behind the saving throw.
Special: This feat can only be taken once in an adventurer's lifetime. If the murder is avenged, this feat is lost and is immediately replaceable.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 09:42 AM
I like it. In the interest of accuracy it should probably also duplicate the effects of diehard when in combat with the selected person, But still very good. adding to the list.

EDIT: oh, and I did end up making that template (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47745)

Neek
2007-06-16, 09:47 AM
Come on, man, where's your caffeine going? That's A Princess Bride feat! :P

And I saw the template, nice.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 09:49 AM
No, no. I get the reference. I mean the diehard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#diehard) feat, in the sense of at the end, after getting thrice stabbed, he is still able to function effectivly in combat, not that it should be in some way connected to Jon McClane.

edit: sorry just saw the emoticon. Damn it, maybe I do need more caffine.

Neek
2007-06-16, 09:56 AM
Maybe I do too... but you are right, the Diehard feat would probably be good for that feat, too.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 10:08 AM
In fact, as I think about that scene:

I want my father back you son of a *****
Req: Weapon Focus, Weapon Finesse, Intimidate +5 ranks.

In the place of a normal attack you may make a touch attack with a weapon with which you have weapon focus and which can benefit from weapon finesse. If successful this touch attack deals one hp of non-lethal damage and at the end of that touch attack you must roll an intimidate check against your opponent. On the next round you may add the margin of success on that intimidate check to the damage roll of the first successful melee attack made with the same weapon against that target. (Max +10) This ability can only be used three times per day.

Special: If you posess the you killed my father feat the damage cap is raised to +15 and the strike automatically threatens a critical against the target of your vengence.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 10:20 AM
An African or a European Swallow?
Req: Wis score must be lower than int score

When the target of a spell or effect that would normally require a will save to avoid immediate death (or a similar effect such as banishment,involuntary teleportation, etc...) you may instead make a knowledge(religion) or Knowledge(history) roll in place of your will save. Additionally, if you succeed on this roll, the negative effect is reflected onto its originator. The originator must make a knowledge check of the same kind as yours against a a DC equal to your successful check, or the effect targets them instead. This ability can only be used five three times per day

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 10:43 AM
I don't know I can imagine quite a bit
Req: +1 Bluff, +1 diplomacy

Once per day you may add an insight bonus to a bluff check equal to the non-attribute modifier of your opponent's own bluff attempts. The target of this ability's attitude towards you must be indifferent or better in order for you to use this effect. A target that is friendly to you as the result of an intimidate check is treated as though at their pre-intimidate attitude for the purposes of being targeted by this ability.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 12:06 PM
Strike that. Reverse it
Req: any other metamagic feat

The concentration checks for any spell you cast with a verbal component is increased by +3. Even when you would not normally need to roll a concentration check, you must make a DC 5+spell level concentration check to successfully cast any spell with a verbal component.

However, anytime you fail a concentration check for a spell with a verbal component, you may attempt to recast the spell as a swift action at the start of the next round. Having already said the spell wrong, you gain a +3 insight bonus on this roll.

The Candyman Can
Req: eschew material components

You may replace the material component of any spell with an amount of chocolate of equal value. Doing so increases the caster level of the spell by +1, +2 if the spell is harmless.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 12:26 PM
Dooompaty-Doo
Req: Leadership, Bardic music

Once per day you may have your followers perform a song and dance routine. The effects of this performance are as a fascinate attempt made by you and uses your perform(Song) or Perform(dance) skill, at your choice. the effect lasts 2+2d4 rounds, at which point the performance concludes. For every 5 of your followers beyond the first five involved in the performance the duration of the effect is increased by 1 round and the save DC by +1.

You must be in range of the performance, though you may act freely during the performance. At least five followers must be involved in the performance. This consumes two of your daily uses of bardic music. This feat can only be taken if you have followers as the result of your leadership feat.

Vaniel
2007-06-16, 01:01 PM
It's only a flesh wound [General]

Prerequisites: Dex 13

Benefit: Whenever a character loses a limb, either arm or leg, the character ignores penalties from this condition.

Special: This feat can be taken as one of a fighters bonus feats.

[Probably not a worthy feat to take... I'm not that good in homebrew...]

[Are there actually penalties when losing limbs???]

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 01:15 PM
It's only a flesh wound [General]

Prerequisites: Dex 13

Benefit: Whenever a character loses a limb, either arm or leg, the character ignores penalties from this condition.

Special: This feat can be taken as one of a fighters bonus feats.

[Probably not a worthy feat to take... I'm not that good in homebrew...]

[Are there actually penalties when losing limbs???]

Added. Good reference.

There are penalties, I think, but I'm not quite sure what they are (I'm not that good at homebrew either.) I know limbs can be severed, because creatures with regeneration can attach them, but I am not sure how it works as a battle mechanic.

Were I too take a run at that feat I would go with something like:

It's only a flesh would
Req:Dex +13, toughness

You are immune to any special attack or effect that would cause a morale penalty in combat. You gain a similar immunity to death by massive damage. Additionally, if you lose a limb, but are not considered helpless, you take no penalties from that condition, save for the inability to use the effective limb to wield a weapon.

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-16, 02:12 PM
Do not want!

On encountering an intelligent creature whose language you do not understand you may make a DC 20 intelligence check to put a message across in said language regardless of whether or not you can speak it. A successful roll puts the message across as if you had spoken the language fluently.

Failure has a 50% chance of putting across the wrong message (DM's choice). Failure by 10 or more results in all creatures able to understand the language being attempted being forced to make a DC 15 will save or be convulsed with laughter for 1d6 rounds (non-magical effect). The laughter affect will only work once every 24 hours on any given creature.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 02:18 PM
Do not want!

On encountering an intelligent creature whose language you do not understand you may make a DC 20 intelligence check to put a message across in said language regardless of whether or not you can speak it. A successful roll puts the message across as if you had spoken the language fluently.

Failure has a 50% chance of putting across the wrong message (DM's choice). Failure by 10 or more results in all creatures able to understand the language being attempted being forced to make a DC 15 will save or be convulsed with laughter for 1d6 rounds (non-magical effect). The laughter affect will only work once every 24 hours on any given creature.

lol. nice.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 05:12 PM
The Greatest Trick
Req: Int 17+, Cha 13+

You are particularly good at disgusing your identity. In order to be recognized as who you are by anyone that is not a close friend or better, the person must make a Spot Check at DC 10+your effective level or not recognize you, thinking you are just a generic person. This does not stack with disguise self rolls.

Additionally, gather information checks about your identity are almost impossible. There is a 50% chance that any gather information check fails automatically and the base DC is always increased by +10

How do you shoot the devil in the back?
Req: intimidate +10, Cha +17, combat expertise.

You are such an intimidating foe that others afraid to engage you in anything less than a fair fight, for fear of swift vengence.

In any fight in which you have made a successful attack of opportunity, any opponent with an intelligence score of 3 or higher must make a Will save to attack you while they are causing you to be flanked. The DC for this save is equal to 10 + your ranks in intimidate + your charisma bonus. They may attempt to make this save as part of an attack, or as a standard action without an attack. Until the save is made, you are not considered flanked.

For every creature you have killed in the enounter of which the flanking creature is aware you add a +4 circumstance bonus to the DC. Additionally, any penalties the creature attempting to strike you is currently taking to their attack roll are also subtracted from this save. The effects of this feat are considered fear effects.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 06:15 PM
If Somebody asks you if you're a God

You say yes. Once per day, when targeted by a spell or effect that requires a save with a DC above 20, you gain a +2 Insight bonus equal to the number of levels by which the caster's level exceeds your own.

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-16, 06:32 PM
What's wrong? Never taken a short cut?

You may attempt to leap over a barrier equal to or less than your height + 1 foot with a jump check. If successful it immediately collapses. You take appropriate fall damage.

The Winchester

Just about any public house, inn etc will have a weapon handy for emergencies. This feat allows the player to procure it with a diplomacy or intimidate check against the proprietor (+1 if the player is in danger, +2 if the proprietor is. Both may stack.) or a DC 15 spot check if the establishment is deserted.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 06:47 PM
What's wrong? Never taken a short cut?

You may attempt to leap over a barrier equal to or less than your height + 1 foot with a jump check. If successful it immediately collapses. You take appropriate fall damage.

The Winchester

Just about any public house, inn etc will have a weapon handy for emergencies. This feat allows the player to procure it with a diplomacy or intimidate check against the proprietor (+1 if the player is in danger, +2 if the proprietor is. Both may stack.) or a DC 15 spot check if the establishment is deserted.

Oh my god. can't believe I forgot about this. Excellent work (never taken a short cut is particularly good).

How about

It's a Running Buffet
Req: bluff +2 or disguise self +4

You are adept at attracting the attention of the undead. You may make a bluff check to force a mindless undead to target you to the exclusion of other creatures. The DC on this check is equal to 15 + the creature's HD. You only roll once, and this ability affects every undead that can see or hear you within 60 ft.

Any Undead whose HD +15 is lower than your bluff check will pursue you until you are dead (or undead). If they are unable to make an attack for 4 rounds they will behave normally, but will continue to pursue you in the absence of other targets. Until they have another target, the undead are considered to have a bonus +3 to spot and listen for the purposes of tracking you.

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-16, 07:05 PM
One more before I go to bed;

Don't tell the Elf

You may throw any ally equal to or smaller than your size category at a group of enemies. This gives them an attack of opportunity (treat the AC to hit as if a normal attack was made) against any of the targets they land adjacent to. You may throw the ally 10 feet plus another 10 feet per size category below you. They must be aware (and willing) that you will throw them or they must take a DC 15 reflex check to avoid landing prone.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 07:07 PM
One more before I go to bed;

Don't tell the Elf

You may throw any ally equal to or smaller than your size category at a group of enemies. This gives them an attack of opportunity (treat the AC to hit as if a normal attack was made) against any of the targets they land adjacent to. You may throw the ally 10 feet plus another 10 feet per size category below you. They must be aware (and willing) that you will throw them or they must take a DC 15 reflex check to avoid landing prone.

Numbers might need to be tweaked a bit, but I like it. Someone built a whole class recently around being hurled, so why not a feat that let's you hurl. Certainly a good way to end the day.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-06-16, 08:55 PM
Someone do a You shall not pass. it's so cliche, it's not funny. funny.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 09:06 PM
Someone do a You shall not pass. it's so cliche, it's not funny. funny.

More spell than feat it seems, though, if you feel like starting a movie inspired spell thread go crazy. Though, as Feats Go.

Speak friend
Req: Int 13+

You're keen insight allows you to help others with difficult questions. You may make an aid another check to allow a person to reroll a failed int based check. You can only use this ability once per hour generally, and only once for any particular question or issue. If there are penalties for failing the first roll, these penalties still apply. If those penalties make a reroll impossible, this ability can not be used.

Poppatomus
2007-06-17, 12:27 AM
The All or Nothing Days
Req: Con 19+, Toughness, Diehard

You are particularly tough. Once per day you can simply shrug off an effect that would normally cause your death. This abilty applies to any effect that would normally cause your death regardless of your HP, such as a critical strike from a vorpal blade, a save against death, death from massive damage, etc... The first time such an effect would normally be successful against you in a given day, its effects are preempted.

Despite surviving, such an attack is still draining, causing you to be shaken for 5 rounds and nauseated for ten. If you are already nauseated due to some other effect you are instead considered incapacititated.

Taking this ability imposes some penalties. In addition to taking 1 permanent point each of CHA and WIS damage upon selecting this feat you also begin to lose part of your grip on reality. The DC of your Saves against illusions and insanity effects are increased by +2.

TheOOB
2007-06-17, 12:48 AM
Hmm, army of darkness seems a perfect fit for this.

Listen up you primitive screw-heads[Cinimatic]
Prerequisites: CHA 13+, Intimidate 6 ranks
Benefit: A number of times per day equal your CHA modifier you can attempt to rebuke humanoids with NPC classes (commoner, warrior, expert, adept). This ability functions identically to an evil clerics ability rebuke undead except which targets it can effect, and your effective cleric level is equal to one-half your ranks in intimidate(round down). Aristocrats and people with PC classes are immune to this effect.

Good, Bad, I'm the One With the Gun[Cinimatic]
Prerequisites: CHA 13+, Bluff 6 ranks
Benefit: A number of times per day equal your CHA modifier you can attempt to disarm an opponent within your unarmed reach as a swift action, making a bluff check in place of your normal disarm check. You may only attempt this disarm attempt when your unarmed.

Poppatomus
2007-06-17, 12:51 AM
Now that's a cool idea. Rebuking humanoids. Interesting interpretation.

TheOOB
2007-06-17, 12:56 AM
Now that's a cool idea. Rebuking humanoids. Interesting interpretation.

Thanks. Characters in movies are always cowing masses of low level peasents through bad-ass heroics, and the rebuke rules seem to work quite well (they either stand their in awe, or are commanded by you).

SydneyLosstarot
2007-06-18, 02:54 AM
Dunno if this one exists already

But pain is scary!
Req: Str 13, Cha lower than 13

You may use your Str modifier instead of your Cha modifier for Intimidate checks

Deepblue706
2007-06-18, 03:52 AM
Fool of a Took!
reqs: Wizard level 1

Allies within 15ft with 8-or-less WIS receive a constant +1 bonus to all saves.

Your love of the Halfling Leaf has clearly clouded your judgment
reqs: Lawful, WIS 13+

As a swift action, you may demoralize non-lawful foes who partake in drug-use of any kind, (DC = 20 - days since drug has last been used by target, Will, negates). Failure results in a -2 to all saves, skill checks, and attacks for one day.

Do they speak English in What?
reqs: CHA 17+, Intimidate 8 ranks

When rolling to intimidate, roll twice, taking the better of the two results.

ENGLISH ************ DO YOU SPEAK IT?
reqs: CHA 19+, Intimidate 12 ranks

A number of times per day equal to your CHA modifier, you may take an immediate action to make an intimidation check to stun an opponent for 1 round (DC = the intimidation check, Will save negates).

Air Guitar
reqs: INT 8- or WIS 8-, CHA 15+, must have a monosyllabic nickname (ie Bill or Ted)

Once a day, you may make a swift action to grant all allies within 20ft the benefits of Inspire Courage, as if performed by a Bard of equal level.

Maybe I'll make some more later...

CabbageTheif
2007-06-18, 07:13 AM
Princess Bride

Anybody wants a Peanut?-counters fear, shaken, and intimidation

with the use of simple ryming, your companions may receive a second will save against fear effects as well as intimidation checks. any party within earshot of you at the activation of this feat is given a second save with your charisma modifier added to it. once started, you count as continuing the game with your party members for the next 1d4 rounds, or until another party member interrupts you. after the initial start, your charisma modifier is added to every fear related save while the game is going on.

Socrates? Plato? Aristotle? Morons!- add inteligence modifier to intimidate, excape artist, and (i havent thought of a third yet. does diplomacy already have int mod? you can decide)

i have more ideas,, but no more time. i love the inigo feats!

Poppatomus
2007-06-18, 07:58 AM
Fantastic, Nothing like waking up to find more feats. Some numbers issues maybe, but nothing too major. One thing I would suggest is, for English MF do you speak it, should probably only be useable after you've already successfully intimidated someone. Still very cool. Can't believe We'd overlooked pulp fiction.

That's Thirty Minutes Away. I'll be there in Ten
Req: Ride +10[or appropriate proff], Cha +15

Choose either ride or a profession skill that involves a vehicle. Your overland movement speed when mounted (or using the appropriate prof.'s associated vehicle) is increased by 50%. Additionally, once per day, you may add your CHA modifier to the skill this ability effects.

You must be familiar with the area in which you are traveling in order to use the feat. Additionally, you may extend the benefit of this feat to one other person using the same skill per point of your charisma modifier.

This feat can be taken more than once, its effects do not stack, but each time you may choose a different skill for it to apply to.

Deepblue706
2007-06-18, 01:35 PM
Terminator

Your clothes. Give them to me, now.

Through demanding the clothing of another individual, you can temporarily confuse them. As a move action, make an Intimidation check opposed with your target's Sense Motive - if they fail, they are denied DEX-to-AC to attacks from you on the next round of combat. If you are naked, you may add your STR modifier to your roll.

Kindergarten Cop

You lack discipline!
reqs: Intimidate 8 ranks

You may add your WIS modifier to all Intimidate checks.

Well I've got news for you - you are MINE now! YOU BELONG TO ME!

When intimidating humanoid children, receive a +10 to the check.

Stop Whining!
reqs: Intimidate 12 ranks

Anyone you successfully intimidate receives double the penalties of being demoralized

The Running Man...I think?

Well, I hope you left enough room for my fist, BECAUSE I'M GOING TO RAM IT INTO YOUR STOMACH!
reqs: Intimidate 12 ranks

You may add your STR modifier to all Intimidate checks.

Terminator 3

Talk to the Hand.
reqs: CHA 11-, STR 17+

Once per day, you may perform a bluff check as if you had 18 CHA, and 4 ranks in that skill. If you already have ranks in Bluff, instead treat it as if it were 4 ranks higher.

Terminator 2

Negative
reqs: CPU must be a Neural-net processor (a learning computer)

You receive a +4 bonus to sense motive checks made by humans.

edit:

More T2

I swear I will not kill anyone.

You may not deal lethal damage to one creature type.

He'll live.
reqs: I swear I will not kill anyone.

You may make lethal attacks and treat them as non-lethal whenever you see fit (and thusly with no penalty).

Poppatomus
2007-06-18, 01:42 PM
brilliant. I was trying to think of Terminator stuff all day the other day and couldn't think of any.

As for the last one, does that mean for the purposes of spoofing a feat requirement, or is it meant in the sense that you are so good at dealing damage that you can use even a seemingly guarenteed lethal weapon and just treat the damage as non lethal without penalty. The latter makes sense as a feat, the former not so much.

EDIT: and how about

Come with me if you want to live

As a standard action you may provide an ally with a +4 Moral bonus to AC while withdrawing and increase their movement speed by five feet. This ability can normally be used only during a suprise round on your part, however it can be used in the middle of battle. In the latter case the bonus to AC only applies to attacks from enemies that are considerd flat-footed This effect can be applied to one target, plus an additional target for every point of Cha modifier and you must remain within 40 ft of those recieving the bonus.

Deepblue706
2007-06-18, 02:56 PM
Yeah, the latter was my intent.

dyslexicfaser
2007-06-18, 04:27 PM
How about...

There are those that call me... Tim
When introducing yourself, you may try to intimidate anyone who is able to hear and understand you as a free action. You may not intimidate more people than equal to your level.

... With Big Pointy Teeth!
Prereq: +4 BAB, Look Harmless feat
Bluff checks when using the Look Harmless feat gain a +4 modifier. When attacking after using Look Harmless, in addition to catching your opponent flat-footed for one round, you gain an extra attack and all rolls for the turn gain a +2 bonus.

SurlySeraph
2007-06-18, 10:07 PM
It is purpose that created us

Req: Must be able to cast Simulacrum or in some other way create a copy of oneself. Must have been killed or destroyed by a single enemy, whom you designate as your adversary.

Benefit: All Simulacra or copies of yourself gain +2 to attack rolls and damage rolls against your adversary.

Purpose that connects us

Reqs: It is purpose that created us, Listen +4, Spot +4

Benefit: Your copies gain a +1 bonus to Spot and Listen for each copy within 20 feet of any other copy, to a maximum of +10. This bonus only applies for trying to locate your adversary. If any copy within 50 feet of your adversary is not flat-footed against him, none of the copies within 50 feet of him are.

Purpose that pulls us

Req: It is purpose that created us

Benefit: You and all of your copies gain a +10 bonus to Track and Urban Tracking checks to locate your adversary. However, every day you must make a Will save (DC equal to your adversary's hit dice) or spend the entire day attempting to locate him.

That guides us

Req: It is purpose that created us, Purpose that connects us, BAB +10

Benefit: All of your copies can cast True Strike once per day. This spell can only be used for an attack targeting your adversary.

That drives us

Reqs: It is purpose that created us, Purpose that pulls us

Benefit: You and all of your copies gain a +2 bonus to all Will saves and attack rolls made against your adversary or his allies.

It is purpose that defines us

Reqs: It is purpose that created us, That guides us, ability to cast Shadow Conjuration .

Benefit: When you cast the spells Shadow Conjuration, Greater Shadow Conjuration, Shadow Evocation, Greater Shadow Evocation, or Shades against your adversary, they counted as 100% real even if he passes his Will save.

Purpose that binds us

Reqs: It is purpose that created us, Will save of at least +7.

Benefit: Whenever facing your adversary, you and your copies gain a +2 bonus to all Fortitude saves and 10 temporary hit points.

We're here to take from you what you tried to take from us

Reqs: It is purpose that created us, That guides us

Benefit: Once per day, you and each of your copies may make a touch attack against an enemy creature. If you hit and the creature fails a Fortitude save (DC equal to half your number of HD), it instantly turns into an exact copy of you. When using this attack against your adversary, the DC is equal to the number of your HD.

Deepblue706
2007-06-18, 10:10 PM
Not bad, Surly.

SurlySeraph
2007-06-18, 10:41 PM
Thanks. I can't believe I thought of one for every line in his speech. Next I think I might try the speech from Braveheart, if I don't give myself some kind of psychotic strain disorder while trying to restrain myself from yelling at my TV about the historical inaccuracies in the movie.

Poppatomus
2007-06-18, 10:56 PM
Wow Seraph. Wow. Forget Braveheart, I say you go for independence day.

SydneyLosstarot
2007-06-19, 01:38 AM
maybe something like this:
EDIT: from Firefly

I call it Vera

req: Int lower than 13, Intimidate 6 ranks, proficiency with selected weapon

Choose a single weapon(not a weapon type) you possess. It has great sentimental value for you.
Benefit: You get +1 for all attack rolls made with the chosen weapon.
Additionally, you get another +1 on all attack rolls when fighting outside the Material Plane and +1 on all Intimidate checks made while wielding this weapon.
If the weapon is taken from you, you become Dazzled for 1d4 days.

beholder
2007-06-19, 01:58 AM
change the name to "I call her viera" (the last bit, not necessary as i dont know the spelling, but you wouldnt call viera an it now would you? thats just plain rude)

I actually can't think of any right now,but it looks like fun, so i'll subscribe

SydneyLosstarot
2007-06-19, 02:06 AM
it's a direct quote from the Firefly series)

JackMage666
2007-06-19, 02:55 AM
I'll be a lap dog of Satan.
Requirements - Base Will Save +7, Turn Undead
Benefit - If killed by an undead that can create spawn in any way (including diseases), you may voluntarily forgo that step. You still die normally, but you are not raised as a spawn.

Fight now, cry later.
Requirement - Base Will Save +7
Benefit - You may forgo any morale penalty that would occur regarding fear or sadness. However, immediately after combat is finished, these morale penalties effect you, only with double strength and for twice as long.

I wish you the peace in death I could never give you in life.
Requirements - Base Attack Bonus +10, Smite Evil
Benefit - When fighting anyone you know, you're Smite Evil bonuses double when using them against them. This ability may only be used to put someone out of their misery.
Special - You may use Smite Evil against a known foe, so long as this feat is used in conjunction with it.

All right, ramblers... Let's get ramblin'.
Requirements - Bardic Music
Benefit - You may give up one use of Bardic Music to increase the base land speed of allies by 10 ft. This affects all allies within 30 ft. This benefit lasts for one hour per bard level. However, this does not effect movement in battle, only while traveling.
Special - A bard may give up two uses of bardic music to use this ability in combat. However, the duration decreases to one minute per bard level.

I could become a regular.
Requirements - Diplomacy 8 Ranks
Benefit - On your third trip to any tavern or similar establishment, the locals reckognize and respond more friendly toward you. Treat them as being one step friendlier towards you for the purpose of Diplomacy and Gather Information checks. In addition, you gain +4 bonus on Gather Information checks in said area.
Special - Drinks, as a regular, are 10% cheaper.

In case you don't know, they're from From Dusk Till Dawn.

SydneyLosstarot
2007-06-19, 01:09 PM
dunno if these are balanced or something, but i thought it's gonna be fun)

EDIT: these are from Interstate 60

Messing with people's heads can be a lot of fun

You look so cool and confident when making fun of others so it's hard to disbelieve you.

req: Int 15, must smoke a pipe and wear a bow tie

After making a successful Bluff check, you get +2 on the next Bluff check if it is made within 1 hour from that moment.

Liars... lawyers.

You specialize in bringing civil servants back to law using sheer force or threats.

req: Con lower than 13, Cha greater than 13

You get +3 on attack rolls and Intimidate checks against civil servants abusing their position or in some other way not fulfilling their duty(such as fallen paladins).

Hey Ball

req: Int 16, must have a ball-shaped object in possession, must be unable to cast spells.

You may use Locate Object, Locate Creature and Identify as spell-like abilities a total number of 3 times per day as an 8th level caster. You still need to provide all material components needed for casting those spells.

CabbageTheif
2007-06-20, 06:43 AM
Lotr

Keep it Secret. Keep it Safe-you gain a +10 to hiding artifacts or major magical items, even if they leave your possesion in order to meet these ends.

prereqs- Fool of a Took, caster level 3

We Wants It-Insane cravings give you power you normally wouldnt have.

Prerequesits-must have taken wisdom damage, been in close contact with the noun.
effect-something made you snap inside, an event which involved being close to an item, a person, or a place. as such, whenever you try to make yourself closer to that noun, you gain strength benifits as if under the rage effect.
you choose the noun at the time of taking this feat

We Needs It-Insane cravings gives you power you wouldnt normally have
prerequesits-must have taken wisdom damage while being in close contact with one noun, We Wants It
benefit-same as we wants it, but gains con bonus as if under the rage effect when attempting to get close to the noun

the last to were based on gollum, but i was also thinking of Berem the Everman from dragonlance.

beholder
2007-06-20, 06:49 AM
it's a direct quote from the Firefly series)

argh fool am i. sorry havent seen them inna while, and was convinced that jayne used the female pronoun.

Vaniel
2007-06-20, 03:05 PM
It would be nice to have reference from which movie each feat was created from.

JMHO

/Vaniel

Poppatomus
2007-06-20, 03:07 PM
It would be nice to have reference from which movie each feat was created from.

JMHO

/Vaniel

Agreed. I am humbled by the variety. I've been slow in adding the new one's to the first page because I don't want to mis-classify them. my apologies to those that have contributed some truly excellent feats. (also, haven't had much time lately for that, get to it soon though.)

Deepblue706
2007-06-20, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I editted my last post with the movie info.

ZeroNumerous
2007-06-20, 04:54 PM
Unless the Man Who Did the Waking..
Through fast, confusing talk you're able to swindle people you wouldn't normally be able to.
Prereq: Bluff 4 ranks

You may reroll one Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check you made in the last minute. You must abide by the new roll, even if it is lower than the previous roll. Any reroll done is made at a +2 bonus. This feat can only be used once per day, and anyone who sees you becomes immune to it's use for two days.

Your Jar of Dirt
Prereq: Bluff 12 ranks

Once per day you may give someone a jar or jug filled with dirt. Immediately make a Bluff check versus their Sense Motive, the target in question cannot forego the roll. Should the target fail, keep the jar, and remain within 50 feet of you, you provide them a morale bonus equal to your class level on attack rolls and skill checks. You may only have one jar of dirt in existence at any given time.

How much do you know about..
Prereq: Unless the Man Who Did the Waking..

Choose one person within 10 feet of you. You may make a Bluff check versus the target's most appropriate knowledge relevant to the task at hand. Should your Bluff check exceed their Knowledge check, the person gains a bonus equal to your Charisma mod times two to the next skill check they perform.

Mind the Boat
Prereq: How much do you know about..

At any time you may immediately make a Bluff check against any ally within 10 feet. The target must attempt a Sense Motive check. If you succeed, the target may then immediately make a Bluff check against any target within 10 feet using the original check result. A target cannot be chosen if it has already been the target of this feat before. If the next target is an ally, they may make their own bluff check. This continues until there are no more targets within ten feet, or the target isn't an ally.

Poppatomus
2007-06-20, 05:10 PM
Cool. The one suggestion I would make is on Unless the man who did the waking In addition to the per day requirement it should require you to have a plus modifier equal to or greater than the opponent. (or it should at least have a bluff ranks requirement.) Seems like it should be based on a certain level of objective skill.

Pirate.
Req: Cha +17, Unless the man who did the waking, chaotic

You are given special dispensation, because no one expects you to be forthright to begin with. You may take a ten on any bluff check, regardless of situation. This includes the use of bluff for combat actions. You may also choose to add the margin of a successful bluff/feint check to any one "to hit" roll made in the same round (max +5)

ZeroNumerous
2007-06-20, 05:19 PM
Unless the Man Who Did the Waking does have a bluff ranks prereq.

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request
Prereq: Diplomacy 6 ranks, Class level 3rd.

If you are the subject of a Diplomacy, Bluff, or Intimidate check at any given time, you may choose to automatically succeed on your Sense Motive or Level check or to revert back to your original stance toward the person who used Diplomacy. This is usable once per day per five class levels.

Poppatomus
2007-06-20, 05:26 PM
Unless the Man Who Did the Waking does have a bluff ranks prereq.

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request
Prereq: Diplomacy 6 ranks, Class level 3rd.

If you are the subject of a Diplomacy, Bluff, or Intimidate check at any given time, you may choose to automatically succeed on your Sense Motive or Level check or to revert back to your original stance toward the person who used Diplomacy. This is usable once per day per five class levels.

Sorry about that. My bad. my take on that from page 2, think I am going to change it to "means no." and make yours a prereq of it.

Means no
Req: Chaotic, Sense motive +10, Disinclined to Acquiesce to your request

You are skilled at using leaglistic acrobatics to subvert the will of others. Anytime you are the target of a mind controlling or affecting spell or effect that requires explicit verbal or telepathic commands to function you may choose to make an opposed attribute check against the caster in place of the normal will save. If you succeed in the check, the spell fizzles. If the caster is lawful, they take a -5 penalty to the opposed check.

Furthermore, until you are physically unable to speak or the caster of the spell succeeds in explicitly ordering you to remain quiet, you may force this opposed check to be rerolled each time a new command is issued. Success on one of these later checks causes the spell to be broken immediatly.

You may roll an opposed CHA check or an opposed INT check at your choice.

Mr_Phil
2007-06-22, 09:39 AM
I'm surprised noone has had a go at these yet:

I am your father
prereq wis 14
Once per day, when you fail a will based saving throw you may choose to ignore all effects by spending your next turn screaming 'Nooooooooo!'

A weapon from a more sophisticated age
prereq: weapon focus
You gain an additional +1 bonus when fighting with your chosen weapon.

Not as clumsy and random as a blaster
prereq: A weapon from a more sophisticated age
When fighting with your chosen weapon, you may use your dex bonus instead of your str bonus when calculating damage.

These are not the droids you are looking for
prereq: 15 ranks of bluff
Once per encounter, before combat, you may take an additional penalty to an opposed bluff check equal to 5 + [the number of people you are trying to bluff]. If the check is successful your opponents behave as if they are dazed for a number of rounds equal to the number you beat their roll by. Additionally, they take a -10 penalty to any further contested bluff checks with you. Combat or any other overtly threatening behaviour ends this effect.

Size matters not
Prereq: grapple +5
When grappling, you count your size category as being equal to the largest of your opponents involved in the grapple.

Use the force, Luke
Prereq: bab +5
Three times per day, before you attack, you may use the force to attempt to score a crital hit. If your first attack hits, you may attempt to confirm a critcal, even if your attack was not a threat.
Does not work against creatures or constructs immune to criticals, except death stars.

Close the blast doors
You are adept at finding cover and using it effectively. Whenever you are in cover, the miss chance is increased by 10%.

Open the blast doors
You are adept at attacking targets in cover. Whenever you attack a target in cover, the miss chance is reduced by 10%

Only a master of evil, Darth
Prereq: non-evil allignment. Class: Not paladin
As a swift action, you may eminate an aura of evil. This will mask your allignment and provide a positive response to detect-evil spells and the like. Your allignment is not affected. A swift action ends this effect.

Its a trap!
Prereq: evasion.
You are naturally cautious. If you are surprised, you may attempt a DC 15 reflex save. If you are successful, then you may act as normal in the surprise round.

Hokey religion and archaic weapons are no match for a good blaster
If you are the subject of any devine spell, you may add the spell's level to your melee damage roll if you successfully hit the caster in your next combat round.

Let the wookie win
You may add your str bonus to intimidate rolls

Phil.

Xuincherguixe
2007-06-22, 10:04 AM
This Car Is One Hundred Percent Death Proof
Perquisite: Toughness
Once per day if you would have died thanks to a failed fortitude roll from massive damage, you don't.

..But To Get The Full Benefit, You REALLY Need To Be In The Drivers Seat
Perquisite: Above
After using "This Car Is One Hundred Percent Death Proof" You may force any target adjacent to roll a save as if they had gone over their massive damage threshold at the same DC as that which you avoided.

(Brokenly Good? Probably!)

I Will Kill Bill
Gain people named Bill as if they were a favored enemy. They must recognize and accept this name as their own.

Kung Fu. In the air. In the Rain.
Once per day, you may force a target within range to make a will save against a DC of 10 +1/2 hit dice + charisma modifier. If this fails, they will become so underwhelmed that they will attempt to the best of their ability to end their own life for the next 5 turns.

Oh Mr. Frodo
Once per day, you may force a target within range to make a will save against a DC of 10 +1/2 hitdice + charisma modifier. If this fails, they will spend the next hour writing bad fan fiction. Reading the fan fiction causes 1d4 sanity damage. Yes even the writer.

Poppatomus
2007-06-22, 10:58 AM
Very cool. Another Kill Bill

God Himself would be cut
Req BAB +15; weapon focus, weapon specialization,

Select a specific weapon (not type of weapon) of masterwork quality or greater you posess and with which you have weapon focus and weapon specialization. Once per minute one attack made with this weapon is considered to be epic for the purposes of bypassing Damage reduction.

If you lose the use of this weapon for any reason you may select a new weapon to replace it, but it must be of the same type and you must either designate the weapon before it is forged or it must have a total bonus greater than +4.

And Another

Not Flapping
Req: ability to cast divine spells

Your profound understanding of life and death improves you ability to navigate the paths between now and the hereafter. You gain a +2 bonus to all heal checks related to stablization and double the time limit for resurrection spells.

I killed your Master
REQ: Dex 15+

Any time an opponent you are flanking makes a successfuly attack against one of your allies you may make an attack of opportunity. This attack does not allow you to make more attacks of opportunity then you normally would be able to in one round.

You may choose to designate only a single character to be a valid ally for the purposes of this feat. In that case you gain a +2 on the attack role and are allowed to make one of these attacks even if you have otherwise reached your limit of attacks of opportunity for the round (limit 1.) If you have not yet reached that limit, this attack still counts against that limit. If the designated character dies you lose access to this feat, but are treated as having an extra attack per round at your highest base attack bonus against the person you believe to be the murderer.

Poppatomus
2007-06-22, 11:36 AM
This is a Cabin Fever reference:

"What's that Gun for?"
Req: Venerated age catagory, Bluff +16

You may make a special bluff with a delayed effect, allowing you to delay the onset of the effect for sometime. You may either trigger the effect with a word, or with your presence, or with a certain condition, up to one month after making the initial check. This may be done even if you fail the initial check, adding +2 to the roll for every 5 days the effect is delayed.

You may choose to increase the bluff DC by +20 in order to have a chance to stun the target of the bluff when the effect is completed. This stun effect lasts 1d4 rounds and requires that at least a week pass between the initial check and the onset of the effect.

Poppatomus
2007-06-22, 01:29 PM
Sleep Well and Dream of Large Women
Req: Grapple +5, Cha 13+, Diplomacy 6+

If you successfully disable an opponent with non-lethal damage, you make a diplomacy check at +10 bonus. If that check is sucessful, then their attitude towards you is improved by one catagory (when they wake up that is).

If more then one source deals non-lethal damage to the target, this ability may still be used but its benefits only apply to you. For very point of lethal damage dealt to the creature before it is disabled the bonus is reduced by +2. If the bonus is reduced to zero, the ability may not be used.

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-22, 01:37 PM
My Do not want! feat seems to have disappeared from the OP.

Poppatomus
2007-06-22, 01:43 PM
apologies re-adding now. Apologies to the others that haven't been added to the fron page yet as well. I'll update with the couple of pages of new stuff in a week or two.

Neek
2007-06-22, 02:03 PM
I look away from this thread for just a minute, and we've already got a 100 feats? That's 4 times as many as is on the Wiki!

Darth Mario
2007-06-22, 02:17 PM
I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.
Benefit: When crossdressing, you gain a +2 bonus on all Intimidate, Bluff checks as well as a +2 bonus to Will and Reflex saves. However, you take a -2 penalty on Diplomacy checks as long as you remain in the opposite gender's attire.

Firefly reference.

Poppatomus
2007-06-22, 02:27 PM
The Maltese Falcon

The stuff that dreams are made of
Req: Cha 17+, Sense Motive 10+

You have an uncanny ability to see through deceptions that others fall prey to. Whenever there are multiple targets of the same mind effecting ability or spell that requires a will save, you gain a +1 bonus to your roll for every affected creature that fails the save.

If you succeed on the save, you may choose to allow each person capable of seeing or hearing you to re-reoll their save on the next round. They gain a bonus to the roll equal to the bonus you recieved on the original save. If you or they are able to interact with the effect this bonus is doubled.

When your slapped you'll take it and like it
Req: Tumble +5, Intimidate +5, BAB +5

Any time you would normally provoke an attack of opportunity by making a combat action you may make an opposed intimidate check against the opponent's attack roll + their CHA + their level. If you succeed their attack of opportunity is considered a miss and you are permitted to make an attack of opportunity of your own, if you are otherwise able to.

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-22, 02:31 PM
I kick arse for the lord
req: Cleric lvl 10+, good alignment

Once a day for 5 minutes you may carry out melee attacks against undead as a monk of the same level would.

Poppatomus
2007-06-22, 02:33 PM
I kick arse for the lord
req: Cleric lvl 10+, good alignment

Once a day for 5 minutes you may carry out melee attacks against undead as a monk of the same level would.

brilliant.

Nnanji
2007-06-22, 02:50 PM
No one's done Dune?

My name is a killing word.
Prereq: Stunning Fist

Once per day, you may use stunning fist as a ranged touch attack, up to 30 ft. You may take this feat more than once, each time gives you one additional use per day.

They tried and failed?
They tried and died.

Once per day, when you have failed a skill check that does not allow a retry or fail a will save, you may take 2d6 points of damage to immediately retry the roll. You must take the new roll, even if ti is lower.

Some thoughts have a certain sound, that being the equivalent to a form. Through sound and motion, you will be able to paralyze nerves, shatter bones, set fires, suffocate an enemy or burst his organs.
Prereq: Perform(oratory) 8+, Bardic music

You may use one of or more of your bardic music uses to perform a sonic attack on an opponent no more than 30 ft. away. The effect depends on how many uses of music you use.

1: The opponent must make a will save (DC = perform check result) or be stunned for a number of rounds equal to your perform check/10

2: In addition to above, the opponent also takes damage equal to (Perform check/5)d6. This damage is considered sonic damage.

3: In addition to the aboce results, the opponent busts into flame from the inside out if they fail a fort save(DC = perform check). They take 1d6 burning damage every round they are stunned.

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Prereq: BAB +5, Weapon Finesse
When using a weapon that qualifies for Weapon Finesse, you may apply a penalty instead of a bonus to your attack roll equal to your dexterity bonus. if you do so you ignore any shield bonus they have and you add the penalty to your damage as a bonus.

Poppatomus
2007-06-22, 03:01 PM
Slow blade is particularly good.

The Pleasure is Greater
Req: CON +17, diehard

If a poison, drug, or disease would normally reduce a physical attribute of yours to less then one you may treat that attribute as being one. While doing so you may only take a partial action every round, and must make a concentration check against the poison's DC or suffer a -10 penalty to any skill check or attack roll. Each round that you are under this effect you must make a FORT save at the DC of the original poison +1 for every minute. When you fail this save you die.

TheLogman
2007-06-22, 04:25 PM
V for Vendetta

I will die with my hands around your neck

Prerequisites: Cha 15, Con 15,

If at lower than half hitpoints and are within 15 feet of a hostile, you gain DR 10/- until you are dead, all the hostiles are dead, or until 2 minutes have passed. Any damage ignored by the DR is taken once the DR is gone.

Remember, Remember, the fifth of November

Prerequisites: Cha 19, Diplomacy +10

You may make a Diplomacy check against DC 20+Number of people you are affecting that are Helpful toward you. If you succeed, then each of them receive a +2 morale bonus to AC, Attack Rolls, and Will saves for 10 minutes. You must affect at least 10 people for the bonuses to apply.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran...

Prerequisites: Int 15, Diplomacy +5

You may make an Intelligence check against DC 15 to make a speech that is particularly impressive. If you succeed at the check, you gain a +3 Unnamed Bonus to improving the attitude of the Npc that the speech is directed at. For every 3 you exceed the DC of the check by, you add another +1 to the bonus.

ArlEammon
2007-06-22, 04:37 PM
Data:"OH, S---!"

When doing something for the first time, opponents are taken off guard if they fail a -2 save to will check, or they begin laughing.

Poppatomus
2007-06-22, 04:37 PM
Ahhh... V.

How about:

Just an Inch
Req: Iron Will, Endurance, Will +6, Wis +15

You gain a +2 bonus on any roll to resist a fear affect and +4 to resist mind control. If you are subject to a fear effect or a mind-controlling effect for more then 3 rounds you may continue to resist that effect, making an additional save every round after the third until the resist is made or the spell expires. Additionally, if once you have resisted such a spell you are immune to any other fear or mind effects for one hour.

SydneyLosstarot
2007-06-22, 04:42 PM
some more Interstate 60

Now, a lot of stories start in bars

Req: none

Given an infinite universe and infinite time, all things will happen. That means that every event is inevitable, including those that are impossible. And it's as good an explanation for all of this as anything else. Now, a lot of stories start in bars, so that's where we're going to start this one. Not because I was there - I wasn't. But because it's a damn good introduction to a very unique... fellow.

Benefit: If your campaign starts in a tavern or an inn or in any establishent of the kind, you get a +2 circumstance bonus on all Listen, Spot, Gather information and Knowledge(local) checks for the rest of the campaign.

Special: This feat may only be taken at 1st level. If you take your character into further campaigns that, should a miracle occur, don't start in taverns, you may replace it with any other Movie-Inspired feat for which you meet the prerequisites.

Vaniel
2007-06-22, 04:49 PM
Do you fear death? [General]

Prerequisites: Intimidate +8

Benefit: Once per day plus your charisma modifier, if a character has lost 3/4 of his HP, you imbue him in fear, as per the spell Cause Fear. However, the HD limit for the spell is now 1/2 your level plus your charisma modifier (to a maximum of 10)

Special: The character must say "Do you fear death" in order to use this feat.

Poppatomus
2007-06-23, 10:11 AM
Casablanca

Serves me right for asking a direct question
Req: CHA +17

You may choose to use Bluff, rather than sense motive, to oppose another character's bluff check.

Unscrewed
2007-06-23, 01:40 PM
The force is strong with this one
By tapping into the mysterious force, you can learn about the strength and skill of your opponent

Benefit: Once Per day you make lock your gaze on a creature within 50ft and learn of their power. Unless the target succeeds on a will save equal to 11+1/2 your character level+wis modifier, you learn the CR of the target creature and weather they have any arcane spellcasting, divine spellcasting, or psionic ability.

I feel a presence, a presence I haven't felt in a long time...
By using the force, you can sense the aura of familiar people.

Prerequisites: The force is strong with this one

Benefit: Choose 3+wis modifier people you 'recognize on sight' as per the modifier on spot checks when concerning the disguise skill. You can automatically sense these people out to 120 ft as per blindsense.

talse
2007-06-23, 02:08 PM
Transformers: the Movie

Transform and roll out!
Pre-req: wild shape, Fast wild shape feat

description: After a Druid uses wild shape, he can charge into battle at an additional 10 ft per round, consider his size category to be one larger than normal for this charge.

ZeroNumerous
2007-06-23, 06:33 PM
My name is ...! You killed my ...! Prepare to die!

You immediately designate one target as the target of your wrath. You gain +4 to all checks involving that target, +2 dodge bonus to AC versus that target, and can perform an Intimidate Check once per round as a free action. During this time, you cannot attack any other target and immediately take a -6 penalty to AC when attacked by any enemy that isn't your target.

Doing this time, you can say nothing but "My name is [X]! You killed my [Y]! Prepare to die!" Any and all spells or abilities requiring the ability to speak cannot be used during this time.

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-23, 07:42 PM
Your a toy! A child's plaything!

If an ally is under the influence of a mind affecting spell then you may grant them another saving throw by speaking them (free action, they must be able to understand you. This only works once

But we're not on my planet....
req: 5+ ranks in bluff

On the first round of combat you may make a bluff check against an enemy as a free action. If successful they may not act, as if they were in a surprise round. You may use this against a group of enemies taking a -2 circumstance penalty (use the highest opposing sense motive score). If the first round is a surprise round you may not se this ability.

That's not flying, it was falling with style
req: Must have been launched into the air at least 40 ft. and survived the fall.

Once per day while falling you may move up to 50ft through the air (as if you were flying but constantly losing altitude). You may also make a DC 20 check to ignore any fall damage.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-06-23, 08:46 PM
It doth not so much fly, as plummet
Prereq: Ability to cast feather fall
You can dispel magical flight. 1/week

Poppatomus
2007-06-24, 01:20 PM
There's no fighting in here. This is the War Room
Req: Intimidate +10

You may make an intimidate check as a standard action in order to grant an ally a +4 circumstance bonus to an attempt to escape a grapple. The DC for the check is equal to the opponent's grapple check that round. This can only be attempted once per grapple, requires you to be able to speak and both targets must be able to understand what you say.

Poppatomus
2007-06-24, 05:56 PM
And I will have my Vengeance...
Req: BAB +10, Intimidate +10, Cha +17, persuasive

Once per day, you are permitted to make an intimidate check during your first round of combat as a free action. If you succeed any creature wishing to target you with an attack or a harmful spell or effect must succeed at a Will Save equal to 5 + your ranks in intimdate or be unwilling to attack you. They will otherwise behave as normal. This effect lasts for 10 minutes or until you take an action that would break invisibility.

TheLogman
2007-06-24, 06:07 PM
"There are four lights!"

Wisdom 15+, Will Save +9

If subject to interrogation, any mind-affecting effect, or the spell Suggestion, you may spend a full round action to add a +6 to your Will save.

Poppatomus
2007-06-24, 06:14 PM
"There are four lights!"

Wisdom 15+, Will Save +9

If subject to interrogation, any mind-affecting effect, or the spell Suggestion, you may spend a full round action to add a +6 to your Will save.

Damn! 1984? now there's a hell of a source.

how about Brazil

Mistakes? We don't make mistakes
Req: Iron Will, Lawful alignment, any non-good.

If an opponent makes a successful Will, Fort, or opposed skill check against one of your spells, abilities, or effects the ability automatically retargets the closest valid creature, so long as there is one within 60 ft. You can not be the target of your own ability. This can only be done once for any given target in a single day.

Xuincherguixe
2007-06-26, 09:55 AM
"There are four lights!"

Wisdom 15+, Will Save +9

Not that that isn't many kinds of awesome, but are TV shows allowed?

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-26, 10:58 AM
Eat me!

As a standard action you may taunt any creature capable of swallowing you into doing so immediately. You take half the damage you would have done had it been carried out against your will. When you break your way out you do damage equal to twice the amount you used to cut your way out plus 1 point of con.

I would like to leave with you

+2 bonus on all bluff and sense motive roles used to give or receive a hidden message.

So do you want me to kill 'em?
req: Must have defeated one swarm type enemy

You are proficient at fighting swarms. Your attacks gain a +2 bonus against them.

Hey, have you ever thingied me?

If an ally makes a successful bluff check against you, you may make another sense motive check (against their previous roll) the next time you communicate with them.

Sorry, was that your uncle?
req: Hey, have you ever thingied me?

If you kill an ally of a fleeing enemy you may taunt them to make them return to combat as a standard action. They suffer a -2 penalty on damage rolls against you.

Tobrian
2007-06-26, 11:22 AM
The spot for movie related feats. (snip)

I think most of them would work well as skill tricks, too. Characters don't get that many feats, but D20 Modern characters have more skill points.

Some Justification: Though originally something of a goof, and still fairly tongue in cheek, the idea behind this thread appeals to me more and more. Heroes should be heroes because of their abilities, not just because they happened to roll unreasonably well. Feats like these don't just allow you to attempt a heroic feat, they confer upon you the inherent capacity to be a hero.

:smallbiggrin: Bringing cinematics into D&D! I'm all for it.

Fight Club
{table]Feat|Description
Figment|gain the benefits of a skilled imaginary friend
*Fight How you want to Fight|use your imaginary friend to attack
*get some gauze|reroll a roll that would have killed you
*His Name Is|Gain bard like effects from your connection to others in your organization
[/table]

And some of them would make great Munchkin cards.

Fight Club wins hands down.

The force is strong with this one
By tapping into the mysterious force, you can learn about the strength and skill of your opponent

Benefit: Once Per day you make lock your gaze on a creature within 50ft and learn of their power. Unless the target succeeds on a will save equal to 11+1/2 your character level+wis modifier, you learn the CR of the target creature and [whether] they have any arcane spellcasting, divine spellcasting, or psionic ability.

Heh. I took the liberty of correcting that typo.
Anyway, there are two spells in the 3.5 Spell Compendium that have exactly the above effect (not the correcting typo thing, although it would be hilarious to have a wizard cast that as a cantrip), the know-your-enemies'-Special-Abilities thing.

Shades of Gray
2007-06-26, 08:56 PM
Princess Bride Feat

I'm Not Really Left Handed
Prerequisites: Weapon Finesse.

Benefit: If you wield a weapon that can benefit by the weapon finesse feat in your off-hand you may make a bluff check. If you succeed, next round you can use a free action to switch your weapon into your dominant hand. Any attacks made by this weapon add either your dexterity or wisdom bonus (if any), to your next rounds attack roll and your damage rolls.

You must speak the same language as the target foe to use this feat. You may Not use this feat if you are wielding a weapon in your right hand. you may not use this feat twice against the same foe unless they lose memory of you and/or one year passes since you used this feat against them.

Iocaine Immunity

You are immune to poison made from the Iocaine Flower

Wine Trick
Prerequisites: Iocaine Immunity

You gain a +6 competence bonus on bluff checks made to trick people into drinking a beverage poisoned with Iocaine.

Matthew
2007-06-28, 09:01 PM
I was totally waiting for that one.

Anxe
2007-07-02, 11:04 PM
I just thought of a new one for Fight Club while watching it.

A-Huh-Huh-Ha-Huh-Huh-Ha-Huh-Huh-Huh!
Prerequisites: Leadership, Base Attack Bonus +6
Benefits: To use this feat you must allow yourself to be damaged in melee by an enemy without fighting back. When you do finally strike back your opponent must make a will save with DC equal to amount of damage dealt or become panicked. Before your opponent runs away you may make on request of your opponent and he must follow it out as if affected by a suggestion spell.

Another name for it could be "Oh, Lou"

Poppatomus
2007-07-02, 11:09 PM
Nice Anxe. This is from earlier in the thread. Might work as the advanced form of the one you just proposed.

You don't know where I've been, Lou

When engaged in a grapple with an opponent, the opponent must make a Will save each round with a DC equal to 10 + the amount of damage you have taken that round. Each time they fail this save there is a different effect.

{table]# of failures|Effect
0|no effect
1|Opponent becomes nauseated. This effect lasts for 1d6+1 rounds.
2|Opponent becomes shaken. This effect lasts the remainder the grapple.
3|Opponent becomes frightened. This effect lasts 1d4+1 rounds but does not begin until after the grapple is broken.
5|Opponent becomes panicked. This effect lasts 1d2+1 rounds but does not begin until after the grapple is broken.
[/table]

If the opponent succeeds on this save two rounds in a row they're number of failures is reset to 0. This ability can not be used while at full HP. If you are suffering from a bleed effect, or any effect doing continus damage, increase the DC for the will save by +5

Anxe
2007-07-03, 12:14 AM
Oops! Missed that one. Well I still get points for finding out how to alphabetically represent Tyler's laugh. God it's creepy. I did it exactly too! Just as many HAHAs as he says.

Lakoda
2007-07-03, 10:28 AM
How often do you have sex? I don't understand the question.

Requirements: You must be in a relationship with someone.

You gain a +5 circumstance bonus to all Bluff checks.

Synergy: You gain a additional +2 if the person you have a relationship with also has this feat.

(from Mr. & Mrs Smith)

P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney!

Requirements: You must have 5 ranks in at least one Knowledge skill.

You gain a +2 memory bonus to all Knowledge checks.

That's funny, it's spelled just like the word "escape."

Once per day you can re-roll a failed skill check. All modifiers are the same, only the die result changes, and there is no guarantee of success.

(from Finding Nemo)

SydneyLosstarot
2007-07-13, 01:22 PM
just made this up

Dodge This

Req: Dex 13.

Benefit: During your action, you designate an opponent and he receives a -1 penalty to Armor Class against attacks made by you. You can select a new opponent on any action.

Delcan
2007-07-27, 12:23 AM
Disney! Short but fun ones, mostly suggested because I love the quotes.

"Why does she even HAVE that lever?"
Prerequisites: Trapfinder ability, trap sense +3.
You gain a +2 competence bonus to saving throws against traps.

"Is that my voice? Is that my voice? ...oh well."
Prerequisites: Wild shape ability.
You may speak any languages you know while using your wild shape class ability, even while in animal form.
Normal: You lose your ability to speak while in animal form.

And one from Robin Hood:
"Oo-de-lally!"
Prerequisites: Bardic music ability, CHA 15+.
You may use your bardic music ability to inspire courage as a swift action.

And how about one from Star Wars, which not enough people by far have quoted yet:

"I have a bad feeling about this."
You gain a +4 lack-of-morale bonus to saving throws, armor class, and skill checks while surprised.

knightsaline
2007-07-27, 05:33 AM
From X-men 3

Don't 'chu know who I am?
If you fail a Fortitude or reflex save while entangled you may re roll it once and use your STR modifier as a bonus

I'm the Juggernaught, BITCH!
Reqirements: Don't 'chu know who I am?, STR of 20 or higher, improved bull rush, Must be wearing a helm of mindblanking
Benefit: If you bull rush an opponent, you may push them aside 10 feet + STR modifier * 10. If they hit a wall, they take falling damage according to the distance pushed.

From FFVII: advent children

Dilly Dally, Shilly Shally. DILLY DALLY, SHILLY SHALLY!
Requirements: CHA of 16
Benefit: you may make an ally who has already taken an action to take another action.

Tell me what you cherish most
Requirements: Intimidate 10 ranks
Benefit: you may add to your list of intimidate actions "threaten cherished object/person". you must make a DC 15+targets level/ HD intimidate check. If you succeed, you may threaten the cherished object/person to shake the target

Give me the pleasure of taking it away from you
Requirement: Tell me what you cherish most
Benefit: The DC of the intimidate action "threaten cherished object/person" drops to DC 10+targets level/HD. You also gain a +2 to intimidate checks if you know a persons cherished object/person

There is nothing I don't cherish!
Requirement: Must have lost cherished object/person.
Benefit: You are immune to the intimidate action "Threaten cherished object/person"

From "the nightmare before christmas"

In this town, we call home, everyone hails to the pumpkin song
Requirements: must carry a pumpkin of some size, must be a resident of Halloween town
Benefit: you are immune to fear effects.
Special: if the pumpkin you carry is destroyed, you lose this feat

From Harry potter and the order of the Phoenix

EXPECTO PATRONUM!
Requirements: must have a happy memory to focus on, must be trained by someone who can manifest their own Corporeal Patronus
Benefits: If you are forced to relive a painful memory due to something going through your memories, you may make a Concentration check. the DC for this check is DC 25. if you beat the check up to 5 points above the DC, you manifest a shield patronus. your painful memory is halted for the time being. if you beat the check by 10, you manifest a Corporeal Patronus. A Coporeal Patronus stops the being from making you relive the painful memory and does 10+ points above 10 for the check positive energy damage (like a positive energy sneak attack laser)

ZeroNumerous
2007-07-27, 07:49 AM
From Chronicles of Riddick:

There are Inmates, and there are Convicts
Requirements: Broken a law.
Benefits: Immediately upon taking this feat any nation with a system of laws recognizes you as a criminal. Guards, police, or bounty hunters will always attempt to stop you with non-lethal damage unless you are immune to it.

Educated in the Penal System
Requirements: There are Inmates, and there are Convicts
Benefits: Upon taking this feat, you may reallocate any skill points put into Knowledge skills into other class skills or cross-class skills at their normal rate. You may not put any skill points into Knowledge skills. You gain the ability to make a "Penal Education" check. This is a 1d20+INTx2. This covers a wide variety of generic knowledge. You may learn any piece of knowledge as if you had done a Knowledge check for it. You may not exceed a DC 15 tidbit of Knowledge with this ability.

For example: A character with this feat can learn anything about any creature
as long as the DC for the appropriate Knowledge skill is 15 or below.

I'll kill you with my tea cup.
Requirements: Educated in the Penal System, Strength 15.
Benefits: You may, as a move action that does not provoke attacks of opprotunity, damage any unattended object within five feet and mold it into a weapon. You take no penalties for using this improvised weapon. It does 1d4+Strength points of slashing, piercing, or bludgeoning damage. You must choose one type of damage upon creating the improvised weapon and cannot change it. If it ever drops a creature to -1 or lower hit points, the improvised weapon breaks and you must create a new one.

They don't know what to do with just one of me
Requirements: Furyan, I'll kill you with my tea cup..
Benefits: You gain a bonus on Intimidate checks equal to your HDx2. Further, you gain a +4 Reputation Bonus. This bonus doubles when it comes to bounty hunters or prison-facilities.

Been a long time since I smelled beautiful
Requirements: Charisma 13.
Benefits: You may make a rushed Diplomacy check using your Intimidate ranks instead of your Diplomacy ranks. A creature must have a discernable anatomy and be of the opposite gender for this Diplomacy check to have any effect. If the creature's attitude is changed in any beneficial direction, it would begin to degrade back to it's normal attitude(or indifferent if it was under a mind-affecting ability) at a rate of 1 step per hour.

Poppatomus
2010-04-15, 12:30 PM
How about a magic trick
Req: Combat Expertise, combat reflexes, Dex 16

Designate one opponent at the beginning of the round. If you successfully make an attack of opportunity against them during the round, deal an extra 1d6 damage per 4 character levels. Any creature immune to sneak attack is immune to this effect.

It's Magical
Req: How about a magic trick, Cha 14
If the target of how about a magic trick is incapacitated or killed, any creatures with 6 int or more can not make attack or target you during their next turn unless they make a will save DC 16 + you Cha bonus. You may also add your strength bonus to any intimidate or bluff checks made against witnesses in the next minute.

Zeta Kai
2010-04-15, 01:14 PM
Hey, I remember this thread. It was awesome.

In 2007.

The Tygre
2010-04-15, 05:35 PM
Hey, I remember this thread. It was awesome.

In 2007.

Can't keep a good thread down, Z.