PDA

View Full Version : Building the highest INT character

martixy
2016-01-20, 03:44 PM
So, this other thread got me interested: How high of an int character could we build?

All material allowed and lets say 3 tiers:

Playable
Gestalt
TO

No infinite loops of course.

So... things like Grey elves(+2), Sharakim(+2), Primordial Giant(+4), Phrenic creatures(+2), Half-Nymph(+2), Red Dragonspawn(+2), etc...

2016-01-20, 03:57 PM
TO, but no infinite loops? Huh...

In any case, the Khepri build in my signature doesn't use infinite loops, and it pulls off an effective Intelligence measurable in powers of googol, so that's something. Of course, if that's too unreasonable, Build a Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold with one gestalt side being Wizard and the other side being various Int-boosting templates. Once you've got 8th lvl spells, begin doing the Dark Chaos shuffle to turn all your feats (including feats gained from stays in the Otyugh Hole Inn) into Great Intelligence, since you can take epic feats because kobold cheese. At this point, you can begin summoning demons to siphon away their Intelligence, if you can outsmart them.

Alternatively, something abusing the old "Symbiotic/Tauric/Multiheaded templates" trick could get you a pretty high Int from all the templates you'll be implausibly stacking.

martixy
2016-01-20, 04:37 PM
TO, but no infinite loops? Huh...

In any case, the Khepri build in my signature doesn't use infinite loops, and it pulls off an effective Intelligence measurable in powers of googol, so that's something. Of course, if that's too unreasonable, Build a Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold with one gestalt side being Wizard and the other side being various Int-boosting templates. Once you've got 8th lvl spells, begin doing the Dark Chaos shuffle to turn all your feats (including feats gained from stays in the Otyugh Hole Inn) into Great Intelligence, since you can take epic feats because kobold cheese. At this point, you can begin summoning demons to siphon away their Intelligence, if you can outsmart them.

Alternatively, something abusing the old "Symbiotic/Tauric/Multiheaded templates" trick could get you a pretty high Int from all the templates you'll be implausibly stacking.

Well... INT is measured by a number. And as we know, infinity is not a number (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elvOZm0d4H0). So I was thinking we should not make the character illegal in such a fundamental way. :smallbiggrin:

1. Khepri: Amusing build.
2. Venerable: Ah yes... I forgot about that cheese. :)
3. How do you syphon Int from demons?
4. What's the SS trick? Contrary to what one might expect, Multiheaded gives a bonus to Con, not Int.

2016-01-20, 04:46 PM
Well... INT is measured by a number. And as we know, infinity is not a number (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elvOZm0d4H0). So I was thinking we should not make the character illegal in such a fundamental way. :smallbiggrin:

1. Khepri: Amusing build.
2. Venerable: Ah yes... I forgot about that cheese. :)
3. How do you syphon Int from demons?
4. What's the SS trick? Contrary to what one might expect, Multiheaded gives a bonus to Con, not Int.

1. Indeed, quite.

2. As usual, "kobold shenanigans" is always a viable answer.

3. The spell "Extract Gift", although there's a lot of weird rules regarding the transfer, so the bonus will almost universally be pretty small unless you can find a super-high-Int demon (and still somehow trick them into letting you "borrow" their brainpower).

4. Symbiotic and Tauric both do weird things to LA totals, but I've never really looked into that optimization as much as I've seen the results of it (basically, a creature with quite literally all the templates). My vague recollection was that Multiheaded did something similar, but it's possible I was mistaken on that. Regardless, getting all the templates means a huge bonus to Int.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, here's a useful link (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=176).

Flickerdart
2016-01-20, 04:51 PM
The spell "Extract Gift", although there's a lot of weird rules regarding the transfer, so the bonus will almost universally be pretty small unless you can find a super-high-Int demon (and still somehow trick them into letting you "borrow" their brainpower).
The demon need not be tricked - you can give the "gifter" influence over the beneficiary, which demons find tempting in and of itself. Or you can just have a high DC and make sure the demon fails.

Beheld
2016-01-20, 04:59 PM
Step 1) Take 15 levels of Wizard.
Step 2) Cast Polymorph Any Object twice in succession.

The demon need not be tricked - you can give the "gifter" influence over the beneficiary, which demons find tempting in and of itself. Or you can just have a high DC and make sure the demon fails.

Or you can Gate the Demon in, and order him to fail his save. Or you can track him down and cast spells that knock him unconscious and then cart him home to cast the spell while he's unconscious.

Cosi
2016-01-20, 05:02 PM
For TO, the biggest INT (outside infinite loops) is just to wish for a Headband of +twice whatever the previous biggest bonus was.

Non-TO needs better definitions.