PDA

View Full Version : a system neutral, solo-play, one-shot, complete adventure module

infinitum3d
2016-01-20, 11:43 PM
Is Kickstarter advertising allowing? I have a link but I won't post it if its forbidden.

As a Player, have you ever wanted to adventure but couldn’t find a DM?

As a DM, have you ever had players wanting to keep going, but you didn’t have anything prepared?

This is a complete adventure ready to be played through in a single sitting of 2-3 hours. It can be dropped into any campaign, and is designed so it can be played in several different ways;

What it is: This project is a system neutral, solo-play, one-shot, complete adventure module for characters of any level.

What that means:

System Neutral means it is not dependent on any specific rule set or edition, and can therefore be dropped into just about ANY role playing campaign world setting. If your game rules use polyhedral dice, then this will work for you. It was written primarily for the most common traditional fantasy role-playing game settings, but it can be adapted for many other worlds with just a little imagination.

Solo-Play means it can be played by a single person without a DM. It can be played with multiple players with or without a DM as well. It has a flexible design and concept so it can be used in many different ways. Though it was designed to be played by a lone player by themselves, it can be played with a group of players and multiple characters, or even with a DM.

One-Shot means it is able to be completed in a single 2-3 hour sitting. This is also flexible in that you can increase the level of challenge (with more or stronger monsters) to increase the length of play time, or you can decrease the number of challenges to shorten the play session.

Complete Adventure Module means that everything you need to get through this adventure is contained in the PDF, HOWEVER, this is NOT a stand-alone game. SEE ALSO: What it is NOT:

For Characters of Any Level means that this module is scalable. You can increase or decrease the challenge based on the experience level of your character or characters.

What it is NOT: This is NOT a stand-alone Role Playing Game rules set. The rules and mechanics for a Role Playing Game are not part of this. This is just an add-on, like an expansion, for whatever Role Playing Game system you currently use. You will need at least the basic guidebooks for whatever Role Playing System you normally use.

Thanks!

Dellis
2016-01-22, 04:11 AM
If you are in doubt about rules about links, I'd suggest checking the forum rules (in the announcement section) and if the doubt persists, sending a PM to a moderator to clarify. Remember I think the system will block you from posting links if your account has a low post count (to avoid spam).

Without link, people interested in this post have no other way to get more information than to send a pm to you, and since people are lazy that will send most of them away.

It might also do some good to explain a bit more about the setting (things like Does it take part in a dungeon? In a city? High fantasy, low fantasy? Focuses on battle or roleplay or tries to balance? Pre-made characters, at least their background since rules and sheets vary with the game?)

infinitum3d
2016-01-22, 07:32 AM
Thank you Dellis!

I tried checking the rules and FAQs, but I didn't find anything that specifically mentions KS, so I will PM a Mod, but to try to answer your questions;

"Does it take part in a dungeon? In a city? High fantasy, low fantasy? Focuses on battle or roleplay or tries to balance? Pre-made characters, at least their background since rules and sheets vary with the game?"

It does take part in a cavern system- not a dungeon per se, but not a city setting (though that does give me ideas).
It is medieval fantasy along the lines of Tolkein or D&D, though I have included genre adaptations for steampunk/futuristic and/or modern fantasy. That's the beauty in that it is genre-neutral.
Its focus is battle, though there are traps involved so a measure of noncombat skill is involved. It is a typical dungeon dive for exploration with random encounters, traps, local lairs, and plot hooks. Roleplay is developed if the player/group uses the DM option.
I have just included two pre-gen characters for use with the game as either player/characters or NPCs, again depending on the DM option.

I'm posting the link, and if a Mod tells me otherwise, then I will remove it.
Thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1141200191/lair-of-the-black-dragon/description

I have gotten many years of enjoyment out of Giantitp.com and I hope this might count as giving back. My pledge request is only a single dollar for the basic module. I'm not trying to get rich here.
Thanks again!

-Infinitum3D

infinitum3d
2016-01-23, 01:32 PM
I just want to clarify that I have spoken to a Mod who will place the link in the right place for me.

Thank you everyone for all you do!