PDA

View Full Version : Need an idea for a class [3.5e or 5e]

StandardBC
2016-01-21, 02:11 AM
I'm trying to make a unique class as balanced as possible and I believe a start from a third person perspective would help. Just fill out the following.

Class Name:

Primary Role:

Place in combat:

Origin of strengths:

nonsi
2016-01-21, 11:34 AM
I'm trying to make a unique class as balanced as possible and I believe a start from a third person perspective would help. Just fill out the following.

Class Name:

Primary Role:

Place in combat:

Origin of strengths:

I believe this class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18777487&postcount=24) is as unique as you're ever gonna find, and AFAIK, it's very well balanced.

You could of course create one yourself, but this one might save you the time and effort.

dragonjek
2016-01-21, 11:49 AM
Preferably to be made for 3.5, but I suppose you could make it for 5e, too.

Class Name:
Manifest Ontologist

Primary Role:
Arming themselves with materialized concepts

Place in combat:
Their role varies depending on what sort of ideals they've presently reified into physical forms. The concept of affection might give them some healing, parental love could let them defend allies, determination could increase their own defense, curiosity might increase their speed, hunger might give lifestealing on attacks, or explosions might give them a bonus on damage.
They could also make objects of various sorts or create pseudo-mechanical conceptual construct entities.

Origin of strengths:
Transforming concepts (such as hate, love, death, sharpness, loss, victory, etc) into physical forms, shaping them into weapons, armor, barriers, objects, constructs, or simply imposing an aura that makes the concepts effect the world directly. They may also be able to enhance existing objects by making them closer to their Platonic ideal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonic_idealism).
As additional suggestions, they might be able to create/mimic magic items, or eventually create sapient beings. As ontology is a branch of philosophy, you might also want to give them an array of information-based abilities (either exploiting knowledge or gaining it).
Mechanically, this may not be too dissimilar from incarnum.

sengmeng
2016-01-21, 08:13 PM
Disciple of the Bat

Striker, Debuffer, Stealth, Utility, Control, Ranged Attacker

The Disciple of the Bat seeks to defeat all foes with the minimum necessary effort, while maintaining himself for the next fight and being prepared for all outcomes. They use their stealth to evade, avoid, and misdirect foes until they can strike unexpectedly with overwhelming force.

Their power comes from vast amounts of training, study, and crafting devices to help them win.

StandardBC
2016-01-21, 08:36 PM
Disciple of the Bat

Striker, Debuffer, Stealth, Utility, Control, Ranged Attacker

The Disciple of the Bat seeks to defeat all foes with the minimum necessary effort, while maintaining himself for the next fight and being prepared for all outcomes. They use their stealth to evade, avoid, and misdirect foes until they can strike unexpectedly with overwhelming force.

Their power comes from vast amounts of training, study, and crafting devices to help them win.

Hi batman.