PDA

View Full Version : 2 roles, 1 person: Fan Theory Contest

sengmeng
2016-01-21, 05:53 PM
Okay, the idea here is you take two characters from different movies who were played by the same actor, and come up with a fan theory that explains that they are the same person. A good one I've heard is that the Indiana Jones movies were hallucinations that Han Solo had while frozen in carbonite, so that's where the bar is currently set. Go nuts! Don't do obvious ones (Hugh Grant could be literally Hugh Grant in every one of his movies) or sequels. Pick one that's hard to connect. Easy on the time-travel, too. The more well-known, the better. Reply with your theory.

rooster707
2016-01-21, 08:15 PM
Hmmmm... Star-Lord, Emmet (Emmett?) and what's-his-face from Jurassic World are alter egos of Andy from Parks and Recreation, and their movies happen in his imagination.

Dudeons
2016-01-21, 09:04 PM
Juliet Starling (from Lollipop Chainsaw) is a teenage version of Bubbles after she had a falling out with the Powerpuff Girls.

(Tara Strong)

Scarlet Knight
2016-01-21, 11:04 PM
Toby Maguire lives the high life as Gatsby's neighbor. Alas, the market crashes and he is forced to find work as a jockey for Seabiscuit, at least until that radioactive spider that escaped from Los Alamos bites him in the barn...

Lentrax
2016-01-22, 10:59 AM
Richard Sharpe, of His Majesty's 95th Rifles, has continually recurring nightmares of death. Whether by decapitation, or being shot by arrows, or being chased over a cliff, or having his throat cut, or being impaled on a boat anchor and blown up, being thrown from an antenna (which subsequently blows up and crashes on him), hung, drawn and quartered, or just shot.

Prince Zahn
2016-01-24, 01:35 AM
Steve Carell spends his spare time indulging in subterfuge and high profile super villainy, before that, he was a news anchorman who received a very important job from God. He didn't like it and descended into evil.

Xihirli
2016-01-24, 03:39 PM
Jesus's second coming was interrupted when he got involved with science and created a super-soldier serum, which sadly turned him into the Green Goblin.

(Willem Dafoe)

Tom the Mime
2016-01-25, 08:23 AM
Bill and Ted's excellent adventure is all a hallucination of Ted's as he tries to deal with being the only one to see angels and demons, later leading him to attempt suicide. The machines can't make The One's time in the matrix easy after all.

Or if you want a sillier route, Bill and Ted's excellent adventure is actually his 2 minutes in hell in Constantine.

Lentrax
2016-01-25, 08:28 AM
Eddie Murphy was working in his lab one night when he finally managed to create the perfect potion that would turn him into an incredibly charming African prince. But it had the unintentional side effect of turning him into a wisecracking Detroit cop every full moon.

sengmeng
2016-01-25, 10:27 AM
Anyone got a Human Torch/Captain America theory?

A lot of these made me laugh. Good job guys!

Scarlet Knight
2016-01-25, 08:28 PM
Anyone got a Human Torch/Captain America theory?

Well, if you insist...

WWII had ended and the Storm house was the place where all the kids wanted to play. Sometimes they played Lone Ranger, sometimes Flash Gordon. But Johnny Storm's favorite game was superheroes and he always called that he was Captain America. He often daydreamed at school, imagining himself as Cap, fighting Nazis, punching Hitler, and capturing the Red Skull, just like in the comics.

Sue, being older and mature, had no dreams of being a superhero. Her daydreams were of snorkeling off the Bahamas, swimming with rays, and searching for pirate gold among the wrecks...

Prince Zahn
2016-01-26, 05:44 AM
"Simba, I am your father. " (doing James Earl Jones, in case it wasn't obvious)

Anakin was a noble lion king in Africa, until his brother and he got into a quarrel and Anakin fell off a cliff, presumably dead. But kittle did anybody know that at the bottom of the cliff, a rift in spacetime spontaneously opened and he plummeted king Anakin into the far future, forever changed in the process as he became Mufasa Skywalker. . . He also made a lot of mistakes in parenting, changed his name a third time and screwed up a few other important life choices , at least he got to own a private death star, so that's all good, right? I know his brother would be proud. :smalltongue:

Lentrax
2016-01-26, 01:27 PM
A con artist was working the streets, trying to earn an honest living when he found out he could speak to animals. But after an encounter with supernatural beings, he found himself changed overnight into a talking donkey.

Dudeons
2016-01-26, 01:38 PM
In an alternate universe, Luke Skywalker accepted his father's offer to defeat the Emperor together. Having taken over the galaxy, Luke decides to bring down the Rebel Alliance. In pursuit of Princess Leia, his ship gets lost in a wormhole. His ship comes out on the outskirts of a crime-ridden city. His body and mind were twisted by traveling through time and space, he forgot all about the Force and the world he was in before. However, his engineering prowess and unconscious force use allowed him to become the legendary criminal: Joker.

(Mark Hamill)

Quiver
2016-01-26, 01:53 PM
The future is not set. The war with the machines is different from what his mother described to him. John Connor doesn't know if he can win this war.

But he need's to do the best he can. He need's to be more than just a soldier for the resistance, because as a man, he can be defeated, he could be killed, but as a symbol? As a symbol, he coud indestructible, he could be ever lasting...

And so, when conducting a perimeter sweep of a resistance stronghold, he comes across a stack of comic books that somehow survived the apocalypse. On their cover is a figure, scrawled in a black cape against a ruined city scape, and he realizes what he has to be.

"Yes mother. I shall become a bat."

(Christian Bale)

Scarlet Knight
2016-01-27, 11:29 PM
Forrest Gump was a running fool; everybody said so. And his running helped Alabama win football game after game. At least until the Auburn game, when on a kick off, a vicious hit knocked him unconscious.

"Gump!" called out a worried Coach Bryant. "You ok Gump?"

After what seemed like an eternity, Forrest opened his eyes, and looked up into his worried coaches face. "Yassir, I'm fine. But I saw so many stars that I thought for a minute I was an astronaut circlin' tha moon."

(Tom Hanks)

Xihirli
2016-01-27, 11:55 PM
After the decline of tithes in several Churches, God had to turn to narrations in order to support his extravagant lifestyle, and is known for his voice-overs of several nature documentaries.

(Morgan Freeman)

sengmeng
2016-02-09, 04:54 PM
I guess I better get in on it too...

The Voice of the One True God has sometimes been... delayed when delivering his messages. The longer he spends on Earth, the more the Metatron loses his memories of his heavenly nature.

Sometimes he teaches at a Wizard's school, while not realizing that his magic is actually angelic powers, which is why he is so adept at Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Sometimes he commits robberies while pretending to be a terrorist and shooting at John McClane. Dying sends him back to Heaven, and restores his memories.

As atonement for his crimes as Hans Gruber, he was sent across the galaxy and trapped in the chassis of a depressed robot.

(RIP Alan Rickman) Metatron, Severus Snape, Hans Gruber, Marvin the Paranoid Android.