PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Tales The most brutal punishment

SuperHyperSonic
2016-01-21, 06:10 PM
Whats the most brutal thing you as a player have witnessed another player get as a punishment? Or as a DM, whats the most brutal punishment you have dished out at a player?

Talion
2016-01-21, 06:58 PM
Recently I saw the party wizard bury a party member for disobeying orders and inciting a fight. He was still alive until the stone ground swallowed him up and crushed his little body into mush. That was pretty brutal in a physical sense. Unfortunately, we're usually pretty good sports towards one another. Party cohesion and mutual support and all that, so for whatever terrible crimes we commit upon the various worlds we interact with, we're pretty limited in what we do to each other.

KillianHawkeye
2016-01-22, 01:14 PM
I don't understand why anybody, DM or players, would be getting or giving out any kind of punishment. D&D is a game, remember? :smallconfused:

nedz
2016-01-22, 02:35 PM
Player or Character ?

What's the most brutal thing you as a player have witnessed another player get as a punishment?
A Monk.

Or as a DM, what's the most brutal punishment you have dished out at a player?
Letting them play one.

Kaveman26
2016-01-22, 02:48 PM
In a game where PvP was accepted and agreed upon by the group we had some brutal backstabbing and double crossing. A character playing a drow was treated as the last of his race, making his blood a delicacy for the vampires in a city. He tried to play them off each other and used them to betray other group members. The vampires basically enslaved him and forced him into a breeding program where he was abused for the purpose of making a range of half drow for them to feed off of. They inadvertently hired a double crossed party member to tend to their captive drow. The cleric hired to care for their slave brought him to the brink of death from blood loss and then basically turned him into a eunuch.

Elvenoutrider
2016-01-22, 05:38 PM
Prior to a major battle, one of my players drew a weapon and attacked the bbeg's paramour during a parlay. This resulted in him losing his temper and throwing everything he had at the party at once instead of using siege engines and infiltrators to soften them up first and then use waves. The party survived the siege but their lord's name was tainted. The character that did it was too valuable to punish so the lord found a captive that looked similar and claimed it was the character. The woman was dragged to the dungeons and tortured for a week before being sentenced to have her hands and tongue removed to prevent her from ever communicating. The person who would carry this sentence out was the prince of the realm whose honor was also in question if his lord's was and he was rumored to be a serial rapist who used his position to make his accusers dissapear. Anyways the party couldn't stop her from being chained up and tortired but they did accidentally allow her to escape and seek shelter in a local priory. She is now a nun and her husband is a captive effectively orphaning her children.

My player who played a chaotic good character had her character retire out of Shame for this. The player is still around and enjoying the game. He just couldn't see his character continuing after that.

I don't mess around in that game

dps
2016-01-23, 09:10 PM
Player or Character ?

There was one RPG system whose rulebook recommended "death by stoning" for players (not characters) caught cheating.

I assume that the recommendation was made tongue-in-cheek, but who knows? Maybe the writer was insane.

goto124
2016-01-23, 10:18 PM
Well, someone has recommended punishing DMs who use fumble rules, by having players hit said DM with foldable chairs until a player fumbles.

Jormengand
2016-01-23, 10:21 PM
Well, someone has recommended punishing DMs who use fumble rules, by having players hit said DM with foldable chairs until a player fumbles.

Though that's not entirely fair - I wouldn't want to be attacked by someone who fumbled as often as the DM says they do either.

goto124
2016-01-23, 10:23 PM
Players, not characters. The fumble rules the DM made up don't apply to people IRL.

Red Fel
2016-01-23, 10:26 PM
I had a DM who tried to strangle me once.

To be fair, it was the result of a horrible and comedic misunderstanding. You see, he misunderstood me to be speaking with his girlfriend, and I misunderstood him to be a rational human being. Whoopsies all around!

Or do you mean in-character punishment? I have one of those stories, too. We were playing an Evil campaign. My Evil character, operating in an Evil territory under the direct orders of the Evil tyrants and working with their direct authority and knowledge, made derisive remarks about the inn in which we were stating. Said character was also visibly a Demon. The innkeeper rationally responded by paying three burly orcs to go up to the room where my character was sleeping and violate him, graphically, no save, and then put him in a certain implement designed to both promote fidelity and punish in rather intimate ways. Also no save, and any attempts to remove the device were met by the DM gleefully informing me that I failed.

Funny story, it was the same DM who later tried to strangle me once. Surely a strange coincidence.

Jormengand
2016-01-23, 10:52 PM
Players, not characters. The fumble rules the DM made up don't apply to people IRL.

Yes, the point is that the "Punishment" is meant to prove that the fumble rules are unrealistic, but would still be painful even if they were perfectly realistic.

Frozen_Feet
2016-01-23, 11:04 PM
As a GM, I rarely find myself in a position where I have to punish players. The worst I can remember doing can be summed up as "ignore their whining"; basically telling them to shut up and ignore protests when an IC fight was about to spill OOC.

The worst punishment I've seen a player pass on other players: delete all their game posts in a forum game, then prohibit other players from using anything they created based on copyright law (!).

Tvtyrant
2016-01-23, 11:09 PM
The worst punishment I've seen a player pass on other players: delete all their game posts in a forum game, then prohibit other players from using anything they created based on copyright law (!).

A true Cartmen! Take the ball with you when you are losing so the other kids cannot play.