PDA

View Full Version : Character Build Help (Oriental Adventures)

mira1231
2016-01-21, 09:54 PM
So the group of people I play with have decided to start a new campaign different from what we typically have done. We are focusing more in the Oriental Adventures area this time. I have an idea of a character, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about creating her. I want to go for something similar to Temari from Naruto. I've seen other posts about Kineticist, however we aren't allowed Psionics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cerefel
2016-01-21, 11:10 PM
Is Tome of Battle allowed? If not maybe a wind specialized wu jen gish could work.

mira1231
2016-01-21, 11:30 PM
Tome of Battle is allowed. Most of the complete books are also allowed

Prime32
2016-01-22, 01:30 PM
Warlock with AoE blasts fluffed as wind, and the blast-enhancing scepter fluffed as a fan? You get stuff like the leaps and bounds invocation for ninja-ness.

Red Fel
2016-01-22, 04:03 PM
Are Eberron books allowed?

If so, I'd suggest starting with the Mark of Storm. You could even fluff House Lyrandar as an OA-style clan.

The Least Dragonmark (Mark of Storm) feat grants you a 1/day SLA of Endure Elements, Fog Cloud, or Gust of Wind. I shouldn't have to tell you which one you want. From there, you want to take the Storm Sentry PrC from Dragonmarked. This class gives you additional uses of your Gust of Wind SLA, as well as additional functions. You can burn uses to trigger Feather Fall or Shield, or use your Gust of Wind as a bull rush, or charge your weapon with electrical energy, or treat targets of your Gust of Wind as a smaller size for purposes of knocking them around.

You can eventually take the Greater Dragonmark feat to gain Control Winds as an SLA, which is disgustingly powerful. You could also take additional feats to gain new SLAs, such as Updraft, Down Draft, and Binding Winds. And because Storm Sentry has such simple prereqs, and only 5 levels, you can fit it into just about any build.