PDA

View Full Version : Huh?

Bel_Bel
2007-06-14, 06:09 PM
Question:

Doesn't Rich still owe us the Wednesday comic? I thought that 464 was Monday's comic. Could someone correct me if I am wrong?

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-06-14, 06:12 PM
Danger! Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

Yes, the comic is late, no we don't discuss it. Be patient.

CliveStaples
2007-06-14, 06:15 PM
Doesn't Rich still owe us the Wednesday comic?

That's a very interesting way of putting it.

Answer:

He doesn't owe you jack. He puts his comics up that anyone with an internet connection can access for free. Be glad that he doesn't require subscription.

de-trick
2007-06-14, 06:17 PM
not a another missing comic thread

have some patience please it helps

Droodle
2007-06-14, 06:22 PM
He puts his comics up that anyone with an internet connection can access for free. Be glad that he doesn't require subscription.Which surprises me quite a bit. I'm certainly not complaining about having free access to the comic, but I'd gladly pay for such a subscription. On the flip side, if Rich required a subscription, it'd increase his level of accountability for server problems, etc, and make it harder to attract new readers. For Rich, requiring a subscription might be more trouble than it's worth. It could even cause him to lose money.

Sigbru
2007-06-14, 06:22 PM

Answer:

He doesn't owe you jack. He puts his comics up that anyone with an internet connection can access for free. Be glad that he doesn't require subscription.

Maybe he stole from the entire planet and now is thying to be nice ^^
don't be so rough Free and love

Besides after watching a certain Witch die painfully i can wait a little

No i can't where's the comic :smallfrown:

teratorn
2007-06-14, 06:43 PM
Which surprises me quite a bit. I'm certainly not complaining about having free access to the comic, but I'd gladly pay for such a subscription.

Well, the thing is, I got to like OOTS because I was able to come here and read the full archive. I think a similar thing happened to many readers. I wouldn't have started reading a stick figure comic about DnD if there was some subscription involved at the time.

The strangest thing, at least for me, is that although I can download and read everything for free I HAD to buy the books. Apparently this compulsion many of us have to own dead-tree editions is enough to get things going.

BRC
2007-06-14, 06:47 PM
Question:

Didn't Rich who is proably very busy, forget to make/post the Wednesday comic? I thought that 464 was Monday's comic. Could someone correct me if I am wrong?
Fixed it for you

Lord Zentei
2007-06-14, 06:52 PM
Friday's comic was two pages long. So quit grousing. :smalltongue:

Wizzardman
2007-06-14, 07:04 PM

Answer:

Please note: the following argument is not a complaint about late comics.

On the contrary, Rich Burlew does owe us these comics!
He owes it to the world to display his inherent genius in graphical format, so that the people may revel in the glorious artistry that is the Order of the Stick, and so that future generations may look back on this age and remember the beauty and power that D&D webcomics added to the culture of the early twenty-first century!

If Rich does not create the next comic in his masterful series, how will we survive as a culture? OotS is the pillar on which geek culture itself is held up; it is the foundation for all geekdom as we know it! Without his amazing understanding of both storytelling and D&D, without the wonderful characters that populate his realm, our culture will descend into madness and anarchy! People will have no entertainment! Rioting in the streets! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Rich does owe us a comic: not because he is forced to shape his genius in pixel form, but because the world itself depends on it!

...That is all.

baerdith
2007-06-14, 07:06 PM
Here's a thought:

Rich said that Miko would be in the strip until it ended...........................

:smalleek:

Wizzardman
2007-06-14, 07:08 PM
Here's a thought:

Rich said that Miko would be in the strip until it ended...........................

:smalleek:

So she'll be back next week as Miko the Friendly Ghost.

Sigbru
2007-06-14, 07:15 PM
Friday's comic was two pages long. So quit grousing. :smalltongue:

Each 1 comic to 5 as a two pages long recentely

Lord Zentei
2007-06-14, 07:17 PM
Each 1 comic to 5 as a two pages long recentely

Indeed. And yet, people complain.

mec
2007-06-14, 07:54 PM

This is an interesting point. In a book, it's obvious how much of the story has elapsed, and how much has yet to be spun. Same with a television episode. Somewhat the same with a movie; I usually know when the next one is scheduled to start.

A serial story like a webcomic might end at any episode. 464 might have been the last episode. 443 might have been the last episode. It would certainly be a change from the conventional formulas where the protagonist wins, or at least the protagonist survives, or at least there is some closure.

BardicLasher
2007-06-14, 07:55 PM
Well, I don't know about owing the wensday comic, but he definitly OWES me a comic. June 13th has come and gone and still no word on the book I paid for.

DragonTounge
2007-06-14, 08:28 PM
calm down it's probably just another battle scene with tons of hobgoblins.

Death to the hobgoblins!!!