PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Building Boba Fett:

Hattish Thing
2016-01-22, 04:54 PM
Hey there all. After playing Pathfinder Society for about a year or two now, I've finally decided to try and actually build a character based around Boba Fett, the gunslinging bounty hunter everyone loves. There are several mods that grant players technological items, and one of which contains a Jet Pack, and several other very handy tech items. I intend to GM these to gain the iconic items that'll help me build the guy, but at the moment I'm not quite sure how exactly to build my Boba Fett themed character.

At the moment, I'm thinking a Gunslinger Musket Master, up to level 5 or so, before changing into something else. But I'm not sure what. I thought about Slayer, but I'm not sure how decent that multiclass would be.

Any ideas, playgrounders and society players?

2016-01-22, 05:00 PM
Hey there all. After playing Pathfinder Society for about a year or two now, I've finally decided to try and actually build a character based around Boba Fett, the gunslinging bounty hunter everyone loves. There are several mods that grant players technological items, and one of which contains a Jet Pack, and several other very handy tech items. I intend to GM these to gain the iconic items that'll help me build the guy, but at the moment I'm not quite sure how exactly to build my Boba Fett themed character.

At the moment, I'm thinking a Gunslinger Musket Master, up to level 5 or so, before changing into something else. But I'm not sure what. I thought about Slayer, but I'm not sure how decent that multiclass would be.

Any ideas, playgrounders and society players?

Dump everything into Charisma and Constitution. Every other stat can be dumped into the sea. Those two are vital for 1) convincing everybody you're far more competent and badass than you actually are, and 2) surviving getting eaten by a giant sandy butthole.

Hattish Thing
2016-01-22, 05:07 PM
Dump everything into Charisma and Constitution. Every other stat can be dumped into the sea. Those two are vital for 1) convincing everybody you're far more competent and badass than you actually are, and 2) surviving getting eaten by a giant sandy butthole.

That's a good plan, lots and lots of Intimidate ranks and all. But, dexterity is kind of important when it comes to actually kicking ass. Statwise, I think I'll be going for Dex > Cha > Con, and just eating the miserable Wisdom. I'll just never use deeds, aha.

Which is fine with me.

MyrPsychologist
2016-01-22, 05:12 PM
Provided the setting has the required tech level, what about a tech slinger? Makes sure you're better with the iconic blaster rifle and all of the other pieces of bounty hunter tech that Bobba Fett made use of.

Hattish Thing
2016-01-22, 05:20 PM
Provided the setting has the required tech level, what about a tech slinger? Makes sure you're better with the iconic blaster rifle and all of the other pieces of bounty hunter tech that Bobba Fett made use of.

Pathfinder Society does not have the required tech level, but there are several mods I intend to GM, to gain boons which allow you to choose tech items. So, yeah, eventually he will have a bunch of cool stuff that'll really make him work. I also intend to buy a ton of "___ Bane" bullets, to have something good for most situations.

Preparation is good.

Ninjaxenomorph
2016-01-22, 05:21 PM
The techslinger sadly is not legal.

Hattish Thing
2016-01-22, 05:27 PM
The techslinger sadly is not legal.

That's another issue, aha. I took a look at the Savage Technologist, but that didn't really provide me with anything interesting. Most Pathfinders dislike gunslingers, but I intend to be a rather helpful kind. True Neutral alignment ought to work well.

Right now I'm thinking of multiclassing after 5 to either slayer, or brawler.

2016-01-22, 05:29 PM
Although it doesn't stack with Musket Master (I think), the Mysterious Stranger archetype is a Gunslinger with Cha-based deeds rather than Wis. I also think it's better than Musket Master for representing Fett because Musket Master is only really necessary if you're stuck with the crappiest guns, which Fett clearly is not.

Of course, if you're just trying to emulate Fett for a standard-setting game, I guess Musket Master is the way to go.

Hattish Thing
2016-01-22, 05:33 PM
Although it doesn't stack with Musket Master (I think), the Mysterious Stranger archetype is a Gunslinger with Cha-based deeds rather than Wis. I also think it's better than Musket Master for representing Fett because Musket Master is only really necessary if you're stuck with the crappiest guns, which Fett clearly is not.

Of course, if you're just trying to emulate Fett for a standard-setting game, I guess Musket Master is the way to go.

It does not stack, I've looked into it. Am sad. But, yeah. I'm going to be stuck with regular guns until I get to the level where I can apply GM credit to him, with the boons that grant me access to nicer, more technological weapons. I probably won't make the gun particularly great, probably just a plus one.

Magic ammunition is the way to go.