PDA

View Full Version : Mini-challenge: The crazy dipper

MisterKaws
2016-01-22, 08:06 PM
So I came up with this idea, a build made only by dipping around, and though it'd be nice to see what you guys can come up with.

Rules are:

32-point buy
All Wizards-published non-campaign splatbooks allowed, in addition to Eberron and Forgotten Realms, as well as all articles from the Wizards archive.
No second level allowed in anything, this includes all classes, prestige classes, RHD(yup, you can only have one) and even LA.
Any advancing full class features directly, through Legacy Champion et alli, is strictly forbidden. Advancing specific class features, like spells, sneak attack, meldshaping, and others, is allowed.
The build should be viable through all 20 levels, preferably with snapshots at every 5 levels.
Fractional BAB and Fractional saves, but good saves only give the +2 bonus at first level.
Being able to cast spells of X level means that you must have anything other than a -- at the slots/day part of the table for that level. This means that skipping though pseudo-heightening won't work.

I'll try to come up with something as well, I'll post it here when I'm done.

Zaq
2016-01-22, 11:57 PM
Not 100% what you're after, but my very first Iron Chef character, Aesc Duan Dee, had no more than 1 level in any class other than the Secret Ingredient. Here's the link: 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=10175478&postcount=147) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=10175488&postcount=148)

I've seen other builds that do exactly what you're after. As I recall, I think the good ones usually use early entry tricks into casting PrCs and end up as full or nearly full casters, but that's not the only way to do it.

Vizzerdrix
2016-01-23, 08:38 AM
So something like Cloistered Cleric- Fighter- Human Paragon- Warrior (UA)-Expert (UA)- Spellcaster (UA)

With flaws that should be enough feats to brute force your way through the early levels. Maybe toss in one of those monster race level things if it adds something good.

EDIT: Whats that psionic class that can advance with Practiced Manifester? That'd make a decent base to start with too.

GreyBlack
2016-01-23, 08:50 AM
My only question becomes what you mean by class. Do you mean base class? Base class + PrC? Any classes you can take by advancing in level?

Jormengand
2016-01-23, 08:53 AM
Ardent, four different random classes, take the Practiced Manifester feat, take a bunch of full-manifesting classes. Have fun.

Or use Sublime Chord hacks and lots of full-casting classes.

Xerlith
2016-01-23, 09:17 AM
The question in this case is: Is Fractional BAB a thing?

You can do a full caster, but where's fun in that:

Race: Gray Elf

Ability Scores (After racials): STR 8, DEX 18, CON 12, INT 18, WIS 8, CHA 12

Build:
1 Arcane Hunter Spiritual Connection Trap Hunter Ranger 1 /
2 Spirit Lion Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1 /
3 Hit-And-Run Fighter 1 /
4 Cloistered Cleric (Animal, Undeath) 1 /
5 Crusader 1 /
6 Abrupt Jaunt Martial Wizard 1 /
7 Spellsword 1 /
8 Jade Phoenix Mage 1 /
9 Unarmed Swordsage 1 /
10 Ruby Knight Vindicator 1 /
11 Warblade 1 /
12 Abjurant Champion 1 /
13 Knight of the Raven 1 /
14 Shadow Sun Ninja 1 /
15 Warpriest 1 /
16 Ordained Champion 1 /
17 Dragonslayer 1 /
18 Eternal Blade 1 /
19 Bladesinger 1 /
20 Exotic Weapon Master 1

Feats:
Flaw (Shaky) 1: Weapon Finesse
Flaw (Weak Will) 2: Iron Will
1st: Aereni Focus (Iaijutsu Focus)
3rd: Combat Casting
F1: EWP (Gnomish Quickrazor)
6th: Sanctum Spell*, Two-Weapon Fighting
9th: Shadow Blade
12th: Craven
15th: Expeditious Dodge
18th: Gloom Razor

*Sanctum Spell gets retrained to Combat Expertise

Vanguard Strike, Crusader's Strike, Leading the Attack, Battle Leader's Charge, Foehammer
Stance: Martial Spirit

Distracting Ember, Cloak of Deception, Sapphire Nightmare Blade, Wolf Fang Strike, Sudden Leap, Clever Positioning
Stance: Child of Shadow

Stance: Assassin's Stance

White Raven Strike, Iron Heart Surge, White Raven Tactics
Stance: Punishing Stance

Comet Throw

Moment of Alacrity

Skill Tricks:
- Acrobatic Backstab, Collector of Stories, Twisted Charge.

Other: Knowledge and Animal domains changed into Devotion feats ASAP.
Necessary equipment:
Gloves of the Balanced Hand, Belt of Battle, 2x +1 Aptitude Shadow Hand Blurstrike Gnomish Quickrazor, +1 Focus Katana, Wand of Heightened (+2) Extended Distract Assailant, Marbles. Lots and lots of marbles.

At 5th level:
Whirling Frenzy gives +4 to Strength and an additional attack, charging with Battle Leader's Charge grants an additional +2 to hit and +10 to damage so when nova'ing, this build is capable of dishing out about 49 damage in the surprise round (Average IF roll = 24.5 =(8 ranks + 3 Aereni Focus + 1 Charisma + 2 Mwk Tool). Not too hardcore, but respectable enough to probably outright kill a correctly chosen (read, squishy) enemy.

Zaq
2016-01-23, 09:54 AM
Ardent, four different random classes, take the Practiced Manifester feat, take a bunch of full-manifesting classes. Have fun.

Or use Sublime Chord hacks and lots of full-casting classes.

AFB right this second, but I thought that nearly all psionic PrCs (Anarchic Initiate being the only exception I can think of offhand, plus or minus a theurge class that screws up your progression with the entry requirements) lost at least one ML, usually at level 1? You can probably find a few that'll do what you want, but I doubt you can find 15 that advance manifesting at level 1.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-01-23, 01:21 PM
AFB right this second, but I thought that nearly all psionic PrCs (Anarchic Initiate being the only exception I can think of offhand, plus or minus a theurge class that screws up your progression with the entry requirements) lost at least one ML, usually at level 1? You can probably find a few that'll do what you want, but I doubt you can find 15 that advance manifesting at level 1.
Also Elocator, and theurge classes might be on the table for the Ardent build proposed.

Troacctid
2016-01-23, 01:41 PM
Elocater, Shadowmind, Anarchic Initiate, Cerebremancer, Psychic Theurge, and Soul Manifester advance manifesting at 1st level. I believe that is a complete list.

MisterKaws
2016-01-23, 03:29 PM
Ardent wouldn't really do the trick, they need to get a second level to learn the powers, even if they have the manifester level for them. Though Expanded Knowledge would do it.