PDA

View Full Version : 0-level wand

AwfulLawful
2007-06-14, 07:02 PM
How much does it cost to create a 0-level wand?
Quote from SRD: The base price of a wand is its caster level × the spell level × 750 gp. To craft a wand, you must spend 1/25 of this base price in XP and use up raw materials costing one-half of this base price.

But in that case the wand would cost 1x0x750 = 0GP, and I'm quite sure you don't get wands for free :smallamused:

asqwasqw
2007-06-14, 07:03 PM
I think a 0-level spell counts as 1/2 level, but I am not sure.

Like a Lion
2007-06-14, 07:04 PM
I think a 0-level spell counts as 1/2 level, but I am not sure.

Yeah, it does.

DaMullet
2007-06-14, 07:05 PM
That's how it works for the costs of scribing scrolls, so I'd assume it would slide over.

Penguinsushi
2007-06-14, 07:08 PM
yeah, for most things a 0-level spell counts as 1/2 level.

if you look in the dmg on pg 246, on the wand table you'll see wands of Det. Magic and Light for 375gp - which indicates they did indeed use 1/2 as the level for calculating cost.

pg 278 has a couple more little tables indicating 0-level wand base costs...

~PS

Jasdoif
2007-06-14, 07:10 PM
Determine cost as if the spell's level was 1/2, as mentioned in the section on item creation feats.

Item Cost

Brew Potion, Craft Wand, and Scribe Scroll create items that directly reproduce spell effects, and the power of these items depends on their caster level—that is, a spell from such an item has the power it would have if cast by a spellcaster of that level. The price of these items (and thus the XP cost and the cost of the raw materials) also depends on the caster level. The caster level must be high enough that the spellcaster creating the item can cast the spell at that level. To find the final price in each case, multiply the caster level by the spell level, then multiply the result by a constant, as shown below:

Scrolls: Base price = spell level × caster level × 25 gp.
Potions: Base price = spell level × caster level × 50 gp.
Wands: Base price = spell level × caster level × 750 gp.

A 0-level spell is considered to have a spell level of ˝ for the purpose of this calculation.

AwfulLawful
2007-06-15, 04:34 AM
Thanks all :smallsmile: