PDA

View Full Version : Question about a stygian ice ward cestus

sage20500
2016-01-24, 12:34 AM
I'm getting ready to play a melee unarmed character and I'm trying to think of a material to make the ward cestus out of, originally i was thinking of using gold or platinum, how ever I use the weapon finesse feat, and heavy weapons are not finesse-able. So i was looking for other materials since my dm has ruled that it is impossible to sunder my ward cestus since its on my fist, so i don't need to use adamantium or star metal, and i came across stygian ice which seems interesting, how ever the fact that it'll melt is an issue...

any ideas for how i could possibly use this as a weapon without it melting on me?

sage20500
2016-01-24, 12:48 AM
And never mind, talked with my dm and he's agreed that i can just pay 400gp to have it be affected by a continuous ray of frost that only targets the ward cestus, and since i resist 10 cold it has no effect on me

sage20500
2016-02-09, 01:20 AM
Actually so i now need to ask a different question, in regards to the failed reflex save deals damage to the weapon, how do you calculate what the hp and hardness of a stygian ice ward cestus would be? because they don't give any base stats for a ward cestus anywhere, and stygian ice is hardness of 3 with 5hp per inch of thickness....