PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Cleric Domain - Festhall (Forgotten Realms)

M Placeholder
2016-01-24, 01:26 AM
Festhall Domain

http://amiawiki.shatuga.com/images/0/07/Bast1.JPG

Originally the Mulhorandi goddess Bast, and now worshipped in festhalls across the Realms, Sharess is the Demigod of sensual fulfillment as well as felines.

The clerical order of Sharess is loose and ill defined, though many of them do organise events and take part in activities together. A festhall will usually have one cleric of the Mother of Cats working there and organising events, making sure the multiple celebrations thoughout the year run smoothly. Sharess has no problem with her priests heading out and travelling the Realms – indeed, there are many of them who travel the countryside, seeking out new experiences and pleasures, and seeing what the Realms have to offer.

Creating a Cleric of The Dancing Lady
When you create a Festhall Domain cleric, consider why you chose to follow the Mother of Cats. Was it due to wanting to spread joy and bring happiness to people? Are you a seeker of new sensations who wants to sample all that is pleasurable in the Realms, and have taken up the mantle? Were you sent out into the world by the priesthood to spread the gospel of fulfilment?

Domain Spells
1st Cleric Level – Ghost Pipes, Dissonant Whispers
3rd Cleric Level – Protection from Poison, Hold Person
5th Cleric Level – Aura of Vitality, Celebration
7th Cleric Level – Conjure Woodland Beings, Compulsion
9th Cleric Level - Otto’s Resistible Dance, Dream

Feline Fellowship
When you choose this domain, you gain the ability to speak with cats. You can communicate with cats, and can add twice your proficiency bonus to Animal Handling checks involving cats.

Revel Starter
Also at 1st level, you gain proficiency in two musical instruments of your choice, and you have Proficiency in performance.

Channel Divinity - Charm
At 2nd level, you are able to use your channel divinity to enable greater charming ability. With one use of your Channel Divinity feature, you can target another creature with an Enchantment spell.

Sharper Senses
Starting at 6th level, your senses become more like that of a feline. You can add half your proficiency bonus rounded down to your Passive Perception and Perception checks, and in addition, you can add your Wisdom modifier to your Initiative.

Uplifting Melody
At 8th level, you are able to make a bonus performance action on your turn. During that round, one of your allies gains advantage on one attack, or can force disadvantage on a melee attack made against them.

Rapidly Charming.
At 17th level, when you cast an Enchantment spell, you are able to cast it as a bonus action.

Spells
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070127180609/forgottenrealms/images/b/b7/Sharess_symbol.jpg

Celebration
3rd level Enchantment
Casting Time – 1 action
Range – 30ft
Components – V, S
Duration – Concentration, up to 1 minute

You cause 3 creatures in a radius around you to feel increasingly more intoxicated the longer you perform a drinking song. On the casting of the spell, you make a Perform check and all the creatures must make a Wisdom save. On a failed save, they start feel the effects of alcohol, and feel more effects as they continue to fail saves

Disadvantage to intelligence saving throws.

Disadvantage to melee attack rolls and ranged attack rolls.

Lose Dexterity bonus to AC, unable to use ranged attacks.

Disadvantage to wisdom saving throws, walking speed reduced by 10ft, cannot take Dash action without falling prone

25% chance of creature falling prone, 25% chance of dropping weapon.

Percentage chance of –
1-49 - creature falls prone.
50-74 – grapples an ally (advantage on check)
75 – 100 – creature carries on normally.

Creature vomits, cannot move that round.

Creature shakes head and loses 10ft of its movement.

Creature is blinded.

Creature passes out.

A subject does not need to remain within the area, but those entering the area after the casting of the spell are not affected. When the spell ends, the effects cease.

Ghost Pipes
1st level Transmutation
Casting Time – 1 action
Range – Touch
Components – V, F (The musical instrument)
Duration – Concentration, up to 10 minutes

By the means of this spell, you can cause one musical instrument to float a few feet above the ground and play itself. The instrument must be intact and in playable condition. The instrument must be intact and it plays any tune that you desire as though a skilled musician were playing it, regardless of whether you can play the instrument in question. You have advantage on perform checks, and if an allied creature uses a Bardic Inspiration die during the period the spell is active, it has advantage on the roll.

Otto’s Resistible Dance
5th level Enchantment
Casting Time – 1 round
Range – 30ft
Components – V, S, F (Instrument)
Duration – Concentration, up to 1 minute

You take the instrument in your hand and play a tune so toe tapping that everyone who hears it wants to dance. On a failed Wisdom save, that’s exactly what they do. 5 creatures of your choice that are within a 30ft radius of you start to dance. A dancing creature suffers disadvantage on attack rolls, Wisdom saves (and if it adds its Wisdom modifier to its AC, it loses that too) and concentration checks while you play and focus on the spell.
During the spells duration, you can still cast spells with a casting time of 1 action or attack with a weapon, as creatures will keep dancing, waiting for you to play some more notes.

M Placeholder
2016-01-24, 01:30 AM
Here is my attempt at a Festhall domain. One of the domains of Sharess in 3.5 was Charm, hence the choice of spells, which was also influenced by feasthalls too. In 3.5, the Fizban domain in the Dragonlance campaign setting used Charisma instead of Wisdom for its spellcasting ability, though that domain was used by the kender, a race with a penalty to Wisdom and a boost to Charisma.

The choice of charisma for the spellcasting ability was down to the charm domain, and the festhalls and cats too.

Critique on spells and balance would be cool, and hopefully this will be the first of many domains.

JBPuffin
2016-01-24, 04:33 PM
DON'T CHANGE THE SPELLCASTING ABILITY!!! Charisma is already the casting stat - bards, sorcs and warlocks all use it - PLEASE don't do this! I get wanting an easy cleric/bard hybrid going, but it shouldn't be THIS easy to take both classes without facing any major penalties.

As for the rest, I dunno. Bonus action Charm Person seems OP, but I'm honestly not so sure. Ghost Pipes is interesting. I totally want to talk to cats. Fix the above and I'd consider it okay for a campaign.

M Placeholder
2016-01-25, 07:21 AM
DON'T CHANGE THE SPELLCASTING ABILITY!!! Charisma is already the casting stat - bards, sorcs and warlocks all use it - PLEASE don't do this! I get wanting an easy cleric/bard hybrid going, but it shouldn't be THIS easy to take both classes without facing any major penalties.

As for the rest, I dunno. Bonus action Charm Person seems OP, but I'm honestly not so sure. Ghost Pipes is interesting. I totally want to talk to cats. Fix the above and I'd consider it okay for a campaign.

Thanks for the feedback!

This was conceived as a stand alone class that was all about the festhall and cats, so Bard/Cleric hybrid was never the idea. As for multiclassin, the aims of the Archfey and Sharess could dovetail. The casting stat does seem right, but Ill change it if someone esle gives a second opinion.

I'n not sure either about the bonus action enchantment either, so thoughts on that?