PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Blood kineticist question: Whose blood is it?

Xuldarinar
2016-01-24, 03:43 PM
A question that only recently occurred to me; when a blood kineticist uses blood blast, is it their blood? And if it is, should effects applied by contact with their blood also be applied with the blast?

For instance, a black-blooded oracle or anyone with the black blood bloodline dealing +1d6 cold damage to anything that isn't immune to the effects of black blood.

Milo v3
2016-01-24, 04:29 PM
A question that only recently occurred to me; when a blood kineticist uses blood blast, is it their blood?
It is likely conjured like the water blast of a blood kineticist.

And if it is, should effects applied by contact with their blood also be applied with the blast?
No. For the same reason a telekinetic blast needs to do a special thing to even apply the effects of what your throwing.

Psyren
2016-01-24, 05:42 PM
In general, abilities do what they say they do unless something more specific says otherwise.

Xuldarinar
2016-01-24, 07:36 PM
It is likely conjured like the water blast of a blood kineticist.

While that makes sense... it is now going to lead me on a search for what plane one can conjure a ball of blood from. Is there a demiplane of blood connected to the plane of water? Hmm...

No. For the same reason a telekinetic blast needs to do a special thing to even apply the effects of what your throwing.

Well... then this looks like a job for homebrew. Thank you.

Milo v3
2016-01-24, 07:59 PM
While that makes sense... it is now going to lead me on a search for what plane one can conjure a ball of blood from. Is there a demiplane of blood connected to the plane of water? Hmm...
I'd imagine there would be a lot of sections of blood in the plane of water, simply because the two are associated. Probably full of water elementals in the form of bloodsharks..... Hmm... I should make a note of summoning blood elementals more often.

Fouredged Sword
2016-01-24, 08:17 PM
There is a demi-plane for everything. Imagine an infinite expanse of blood with meaty chunks of tissue floating throughout. The would be a plane closely linked to the plane of water, but also to both positive and negative energy, with patches both vital with life and tainted with death. In the dark depths, sight is meaningless. The steady beat of a impossibly large heart echoes through all spaces within the plane, through none have every found the organ itself.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-01-25, 12:21 PM
Ah, yes, because Kineticists are so powerful that they need to split abilities up into their absolute smallest possible forms. I freaking hate the Kineticist's design.

Imagine an infinite expanse of blood with meaty chunks of tissue floating throughout.
Um, no. :smalleek: